How Jayne Westerling Saved House Stark

oxmix

I watched a national geographic where a 8 month pregnant woman was building mud dams and fishing by hand, and performing other tasks that would look like too hard work for me. I'm pretty sure prego women even young barely prego women can still smim/hold their breath etc., not saying I support any argument here, but "two month pregnant" doesn't seem a strong argument against physical action necessary to possibly save your life heck a bulging belly might even be an incentive if you didn't want a dead baby too.

I watched a national geographic where a 8 month pregnant woman was building mud dams and fishing by hand, and performing other tasks that would look like too hard work for me. I'm pretty sure prego women even young barely prego women can still smim/hold their breath etc., not saying I support any argument here, but "two month pregnant" doesn't seem a strong argument against physical action necessary to possibly save your life heck a bulging belly might even be an incentive if you didn't want a dead baby too.

Well swimming is arguably easier on a fully pregnant woman than walking anyway, as long as she doesn't do anything strenuous. The buoyancy removes a lot of stress from the lower back.

I think if she could swim (which is plausible, given that the crag literally overlooks the sea), then her escaping with the Blackfish is definitely a possibility. It would better explain why he left in the first place...

Honestly, I’m in two minds on the situation. On one hand I do think that the hips issue probably is just a difference in Jaime’s and Cat’s perception of Jeyne. Plus she has just become a widow and she has been living under siege conditions in the middle of a war – so I would suggest that she may have lost weight from stress and grief and so she is thinner when she meets Jaime than she was when she met Cat.

On the other hand (and it is always fun to speculate!)…. When Robb left Riverrun to go to the Red Wedding, Cat mentions that Jeyne rode after Robb and caught up with him several miles down the road. Jeyne gave Robb a tearfully emotional roadside farewell and Robb had to spend quite some time talking with her and calming her down. What if Jeyne had just discovered she was pregnant and that is why she desperately pursued Robb and was upset with his leaving her?

On the trip to The Twins, Robb speaks with his mother about his succession and ponders who he should make his heir. Robb mentions Jon, and we generally assume that he did name Jon, but I have always thought that this was a red herring. I think at this stage Robb is weighing up whether he should make an unborn infant (who may be a girl) his heir or to make his bastard brother his heir. Once Robb has decided on his heir, he doesn’t till his mother who it is so she presumes that it is Jon. However Robb then calls together several of his most trusted bannermen (Lady Mormont is one, I can’t remember who the rest are) to witness his signing the document naming his heir.

I think Robb told these trusted few that Jeyne was pregnant and this baby was his heir and he entrusted them to assist her and the baby if anything was to happen to him. I think that some or all of these loyal bannerman managed to get Jeyne out of Riverrun immediately after the Red Wedding and then smuggled her to safety.

A side note from a comment a few pages back about Bran not being likely to father children because of his paralysis - not actually medically impossible. As long as the actual nerve arcs from the genital region to the spinal cord are not damaged, paralyzed men are still capable of getting erections and ejaculating in response to direct stimulation. He wouldn't feel it, but he can still father children.

Unless his training in warging leads to him taking some kind of spiritual chastity or something. The Starks seem prone to these things (Benjen, Jon)...

Well he wouldn't "know her" regardless since he wouldn't be able to feel it. ;)

Assuming that our human biology is Westerosi human biology, he can still have children tho. Whether he'll have the chance/finds a woman to impregnate/GRRM knows this information, are all still up for conjecture.

Unless his training in warging leads to him taking some kind of spiritual chastity or something. The Starks seem prone to these things (Benjen, Jon)...

for sure :)

Archived