What are you reading?

Luzifer's right hand

Just finished reading China Miéville's story collection, Looking for Jake, a couple of days ago and am currently reading a book in Spanish, José María Argueda's Los ríos profundos, before continuing with my reading of the just-released US edition of M. John Harrison's Viriconium. Then it might be AFfC later this week, not for sure.

Just finished reading China Miéville's story collection, Looking for Jake, a couple of days ago

How amusing. Just finished it today. Not overwhelming by any stretch of the imagination, but an OK read. Think I'm going to start MacDonald's River of Gods in a few days.

I'm rereading The Briar King, after which comes The Charnel Prince (for the first time). Then I may go back to slogging through The Baroque Cycle again. Nearly a year, and I've barely started The Confusion.

For class, I'm reading: The Culture of the Babylonian Talmud and The One Best System.

I've been bingeing on the history of the Crusades for a while now (speaking of which, the History Channel special regarding them is on tonight). Currently, I'm reading Harold Lamb's second piece on the era, The Flame of Islam. Basically, it details the events subsequent to the First Crusade and why the Third Crusade failed to take Jerusalem and the other lost lands back.

After I finish with that, I'm going to settle down to read A Feast For Crows.

I'm currently listening to The Great Hunt (love Audible). I'm also a little more than 1/2 way through AFfC and I'm taking my time because I have so much reading for school to do which is mostly political theory and philosophy, which I enjoy, but I'd rather be reading Feast at the moment ;) .

I'm reading Ender's Game for the first time and enjoying it quite a bit. I picked up Perdido Street Station too, which is great. Hopefully I can finish them both by Tuesday when I pick up Feast.

I read Ender's Game last month. I felt like everyone else had already read it. I liked it a lot, and will probably read the next one in the series if it ever appears in the library.

I have Perdido Street Station sat on my shelf, another library book, it's about five books down the list, so I'll be reading it this side of Christmas hopefully.

Archived