What are you reading?

Luzifer's right hand

The Voyage of The Jerle Shannara, pt 2, Antrax. By Terry Brooks

Gates of Fire, by Stephen Pressfield.

An introduction to Environmental Chemistry.....u dont wanna read this. (for my degree).

Quite. Got enough yawns with my own book: Pathology of Viral Hepatitis (for my degree). I'll say this for it: it has lots of colour pictures.

Top Man: How Philip Green Built His High Street Empire. A book I had to read for a university assignment, but I've found it to be surprisingly fascinating. The way this guy's managed to become a billionaire is pretty damn impressive. Now I just need to copy him.

wow. my first post. I'm nearly done with the Historian by Elizabeth Kostova and I've also started reading The Lord of Snow and Shadows by Sara Ash. Definately enjoying the first and like the second. Any thought's on Ash's Trilogy. I was annoyed aFFC wasn't out, so I picked it up based on the (ok I'm a consumer) cover. Not regretting it, but it's going to get less attention starting today, as aFFC is sitting on the porch. Amazon can be like clock work.

Blimey, can you actually listen to audiobooks when you go running? I suppose it depends where you run (noise-wise) and how long for. I only started running about a month ago and the longest I run for is twenty minutes. I'm just used to having music on I suppose, which makes it kind of surreal if I ever forget my i-pod and have no soundtrack while running. I can't wait until the complete FOTR soundtrack is released as I think that'll be pretty cool to run to.

/hijack

I run for an hour or more on a circular track or a treadmill. Either way there are no real distractions, and I can focus on the audiobook quite easily.

Finished my reread of AOIAF a couple of days ago and as there are still a few days before I buy AFFC (when GRRM does his Signing in NYC), I decided to read Don Quixote.

I am about halfway through it and am very much enjoying it so far. I think Quixote is one of the most sympathetic characters i have read.

I am currently reading a short biography of Toni Morrison by Heidi Thomann Tewarson. I love reading writer's biographies.

After that, I will be returning to the German translation of Tad Williams's SHADOWMARCH and my re-read of GRRM's A GAME OF THRONES.

I also still have to finish GRRM's WINDHAVEN. I really like the first part, but now the middle part about the "One-Wing" flyer just drags on and on.

Well, like I said, maybe you will like it! Don't be unexcited just because some random girl on the internet hated it!

But yes, stay very far away from the Obsidian trilogy. Unless you're like me, and you enjoy reading bad fantasy everyonce in awhile for fun.

Wait, I thought you were Jennifer Garner so I was going to do anything you said. I finished I Am Legend today, I was shocked where it ended because the book I had still had two hundred more pages in it (I guess I am Legend is really short and they tacked on some Matheson short stories after it) So it hit me kind of hard...man what an awesome book though. There were some really sad moments in it like when he rushed out and got all those supplies for a pet dog. Jeez man, I don't want to spoil anything but that was sad.

I will try Eragon after Feast, and I will keep an open mind for it. And actually I do enjoy bad fantasy every once in awhile though the last time I read bad fantasy was the last RJ book (not the newest one, the one before it) and that just made me angry. Now Antrax was good trashy fun.

Edit: Actually I read the new Vampire Hunter D novel this summer and that is bad fantasy but it is so good too.

Archived