Footyball!

DJDonegal

Sweet video. Funny guy.

Arsenal asked for [url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7486111.stm"]£36m for Ade[/url].

I really hope that Newcastle terminate Barton's contract.

[quote name='Triskele']Is Crouch that tall-ass Brit who is good for a corner-header and not much else?

Thoughts on the new FIFA rankings? How can American drop? We are such powerhouses when the money is on the line.[/quote]

Yep, that's Crouch.

The exact position in the FIFA rankings reflect a team's current run of form, that's why Spain is at the top while Brazil and Argentina have dropped a few places. I don't follow CONCACAF, so I don't know if the US has played any qualification games lately, if not that's the reason for the current drop: friendlies count much less than competitive games. All things considered, they probably should be in the 20-30 range of the ranking, so they currently are on the low end but are bound to bounce back considering the number of weak teams in their confederation.

The FIFA site is handy because if you click the country on the ranking table, it'll show you the last few games that country played. The US had a couple of games with Barbados. :P But yes, as Jon said the rankings are very reactionary. A European championship will boost European teams. I think CONCACAF had its regional championship last year. Although there were a lot of WC qualifiers on around the world too, which helped other countries.

[quote name='DJDonegal' post='1425529' date='Jul 3 2008, 01.13']I really hope that Newcastle terminate Barton's contract.[/quote]

Unfortunately unlikely. Footballers get to live by different rules than the rest of us. They can be convicted of violent assault and sent to jail, and still get to keep their job.

[quote name='Marko Triskelic' post='1425790' date='Jul 3 2008, 05.58']Thoughts on the new FIFA rankings?[/quote]

FIFA rankings are meaningless and silly.

Except if Scotland climb above England in the next set (as looks likely). Then they're an accurate, scientific assessment of the quality of a team's performances. :P

[quote name='Padraig' post='1425905' date='Jul 3 2008, 10.46']Although there were a lot of WC qualifiers on around the world too, which helped other countries.[/quote]
And herein lies the cause of the Brazilian demise. The June matches for Brazil is hardly impressive. A scoreless draw at home against Argentina did give them a few points, but both losing away in Paraguay (WCq) and at home to Venezuela! (friendly) left them without points. The points they gained from the Argentina match are nothing compared to the point they lost as previous results lose importance. The point from June 2006 when they won the World Cup is worth less this month, compared to last month, and without fact checking, I'd guess the loss from that month is more than the point they gained against Argentina.

[quote name='Xray the Enforcer' post='1426021' date='Jul 3 2008, 13.14']I refuse to even think of this atrocity.[/quote]

I think your best hope is that Crouch gets caught in a crack den, dressed in full Nazi regalia while drowning puppies in a vat of creme de menthe.

Then West Ham will sign him.

[quote name='mormont' post='1425911' date='Jul 3 2008, 09.51']FIFA rankings are meaningless and silly.

Except if Scotland climb above England in the next set (as looks likely). Then they're an accurate, scientific assessment of the quality of a team's performances. :P[/quote]

[quote name='Hereward' post='1426034' date='Jul 3 2008, 13.25']I think your best hope is that Crouch gets caught in a crack den, dressed in full Nazi regalia while drowning puppies in a vat of creme de menthe.

Then West Ham will sign him.[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='kiko']our new manager asked for cheap world-class players. I'm not sure why some teams go for the opposite.[/quote]

Okay, it took me a minute to find out in which league Lünen's football club plays (dfb.de is, not very surprisingly, no big help there). One question: why would you need even cheap "world class" players for a Kreisliga team? Even "well below average" should be more than enough there.

We try to follow Hoffenheim's example. Prepare to meet our glorious club, the....FC Lünen(?) in the Champions League?

Lampard: he has an agreement with Inter but now Chelsea don't let him to go. But I think that he will be of Inter because he wants return with Mourinho. Another player who will go to Inter are Quaresma from Porto and Mancini from Roma. This year Inter wants really win the Champios League.

Adebayor: I think he will play for Barcelona. Also Milan wants him but Milan isn't in the Champions tournament, so Adebayor will be a Barcelona player.

Well Ade wont be at Milan for sure, mainly because Milan has pulled out of the running :P

I really don't see Chelsea letting Lampard go and if they do it will be for a stupid figure.

[quote name='SirRots']I really don't see Chelsea letting Lampard go and if they do it will be for a stupid figure.[/quote]

Isn't he on the last year or two of his contract? If so, they won't be able to demand too much, what with that buyout rule.

Archived