MLB Thread

Caliban

[quote name='Caliban' post='1415515' date='Jun 25 2008, 22.25']This is not just anecdotal. His WHIP is .84, hes got 50 Ks in 40 innings, he has closed 10 straight victories. If he is high on the gun, he is unhittable. Hes got more gas then Nicor, and more heat then Glen Frey. Hes got more cheese then a cow, and more sliders then Harold and Kumar. Hes got more speed then cocain, and more Ks then Nathan Bedford Forest. He owns hitters.[/quote]

You forget the part, in the midst of your color commentary, that when he's on and he's been on lately, that he's closing innings out in less than 15 pitches.

[quote name='Scuba Steve' post='1415519' date='Jun 25 2008, 23.28']They won again today. :D Let's go Royals! Let's go Royals![/quote]

You're a good man. I knew I could find another Royals chanter among the crowd.

I gotta say, I really do love to see shitty teams do well. Now all they need is to bring back Billy Butler and they'll be among the elite.

[quote name='El Jax Campeador' post='1416210' date='Jun 26 2008, 10.47']No commentary on the Astros Shawn Chacon situation yet?

Good riddance to bad rubbish I think is the proper turn of phrase.[/quote]

I agree. He's not really worth even commenting on.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1416663' date='Jun 26 2008, 14.12']Matt Garza has a no-hitter through 6 innings.[/quote]

EPIC jinx! Actually, I'm not sure whether it was your posting about it or me suddenly going "OMG! I'd better follow this game" that jinxed it, but either way, the next batter after I looked in was the first hit and a homer. Maybe we are 50-50 on this one. Sorry, Garza.

[quote name='Mack Kilimaro' post='1416677' date='Jun 26 2008, 14.18']EPIC jinx! Actually, I'm not sure whether it was your posting about it or me suddenly going "OMG! I'd better follow this game" that jinxed it, but either way, the next batter after I looked in was the first hit and a homer. Maybe we are 50-50 on this one. Sorry, Garza.[/quote]

It happens :dunno:

[quote name='Mexal' post='1416216' date='Jun 26 2008, 07.50']I gotta say, I really do love to see shitty teams do well. Now all they need is to bring back Billy Butler and they'll be among the elite.[/quote]

As do I. That's actually a major part of the reason I have an affection for the Rays, the Blue Jays and the Royals. :smoking:

[quote]Jason Marquis has a perfect game going through 1 inninng![/quote]

Aha, but it did not even last through 4 innings! :P

[quote name='Mack Kilimaro' post='1415526' date='Jun 25 2008, 22.32']I hope we are ahead going into the 9th tomorrow because I sure as hell would not want to see him out on the mound against the Os again after that destruction that happened tonight.[/quote]

Well, damn you and your hopes.

At least you won't have to worry about Wood today.

[quote name='Scuba Steve' post='1416929' date='Jun 26 2008, 16.29']As do I. That's actually a major part of the reason I have an affection for the Rays, the Blue Jays and the Royals. :smoking:[/quote]

Same here. I don't really like those teams but I like to see them do well. So when I see the Royals go on a streak of winning 9 out of 10, it makes me really happy for them. When I see the Rays atop the AL East, I'm happy for them...that is until I realize they're taking the Yankees' playoff spot.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1416997' date='Jun 26 2008, 14.07']Same here. I don't really like those teams but I like to see them do well. So when I see the Royals go on a streak of winning 9 out of 10, it makes me really happy for them. When I see the Rays atop the AL East, I'm happy for them...that is until I realize they're taking the [b]Red Sox's[/b] playoff spot.[/quote]

Fixed that for you. ;) :P

[quote name='Scuba Steve' post='1417017' date='Jun 26 2008, 17.20']Fixed that for you. ;) :P[/quote]

They're not though :)

I'd love to see the Rays and Jays top the AL East just for shits and giggles. I don't, however, like it when the Rays are in the playoffs with the Sox and the Yanks aren't.

It's either the Yanks in the playoffs and Sox out, Yanks and Sox in the playoffs or Yanks and Sox both out of the playoffs. I can't live with the Sox making it and the Yanks not.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1417024' date='Jun 26 2008, 14.24']They're not though :)

I'd love to see the Rays and Jays top the AL East just for shits and giggles. I don't, however, like it when the Rays are in the playoffs with the Sox and the Yanks aren't.

It's either the Yanks in the playoffs and Sox out, Yanks and Sox in the playoffs or Yanks and Sox both out of the playoffs. [b]I can't live with the Sox making it and the Yanks not[/b].[/quote]

You might have to, this could be the Rays' and Sox's year. Unless they fall apart I do not see the Yankees catching and pulling ahead of either team.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1417024' date='Jun 26 2008, 14.24']I'd love to see the Rays and Jays top the AL East just for shits and giggles.[/quote]

I actually really wish this would happen, both because the Rays and Jays have been bad for so long, and because I'm so sick of seeing both the Sox and the Yankees in the playoffs. It gets really boring.

I feel like I would be remiss as a semi-regular poster on this thread if I did not step up to the plate and celebrate the Orioles taking 2 out of 3 from the Cubs at Wrigley with a Caliban-style diatribe. I hope you'll all forgive me.

But seriously, it's not like this should be a surprise. Cubs just got Oriowned, hon. Not even a contest. It would have been a sweep easily if Burres yesterday didn't come down with a stomach virus (probably ate a bad hot dog) and then the replacement starter hurt his arm throwing a curveball to strike out Patterson. Best record in the major leagues? Please, that's only because they've been lucky enough to only have to play us this one series. St. Guts cleaned your shit up in the opener (easily the greatest 4-7 pitcher in history) and today you got stomped by Nostradhames. Fukudome has nothing on Nick Markickass who is the actual Greek god of on-base percentage. Aubrey Huff blew down your fucking house - he is so money he doesn't even need to puff. Melvin Mora is the greatest father of quintuplets to ever play the game of baseball and I swear to God one day his frown is going to cause an opposing pitcher to burst into flames. Probably Joba Chamberlain, it will light his girth on fire because he's such a punk bitch. Don't even try to give me shit about not wanting Brian Roberts because I bet his 28 doubles and 6 triples would be real nice for you right now. Kevin Millar and his new blonde highlight job are going to lead us to the promised land. Need I remind you that he guaranteed an Orioles-Cubs World Series in spring training. It's happening, bitches. See you again in October.

That's Oriole Magic right there. Feel it happen!

Next up: Washington Gnats. I don't even need to get started on the level of destruction that's going to be brought to the overpriced new stadium that's full of empty suits who won't even show up regularly to see a brand new stadium. Daniel Cabrera is going to extend his streak of consecutive strikeouts. There's nobody who can fail at holding a baseball bat worse than him. It's going to be a thing of beauty.

I don't think I'm very good at this. I'm not drunk enough. The urge to properly punctuate is just too strong.

Archived