Goodkind XXXVIII: The Great Tomato Showdown

Myshkin

Here we go again, my Lemming brothers! Remember the rules:

1) No personal attacks

2) David Bowie kicks ass!!!!

3) No trolling or inciting others to troll on other boards

4) DO NOT FEED THE YEARD

Have fun Lemmings!! And make sure to play nice with our Opossum cousins.

Well, a couple of myasterisk-related things:

1. That link I posted the other day seems to have been taken down. I guess he posted before the Great Tairy was ready and he had to yank it. Hrmm....

2. [url="http://www.terrygoodkind.net/SFX171.wfr_interview.pdf"]It's like a detective novel [/url]- it's all about solving problems (and women using their morally clear breasts to display nobility).

[quote name='Dylanfanatic' post='1415407' date='Jun 25 2008, 20.56']2. [url="http://www.terrygoodkind.net/SFX171.wfr_interview.pdf"]It's like a detective novel [/url]- it's all about solving problems (and women using their morally clear breasts to display nobility).[/quote]

I dearly hope this leads to some Goodkind Does Noir parodies.

Yeah, we've heard that "detective" bit before in one of his nonsensical rants. It's actually more like a detective story where the detective carries a gun and shoots everybody he meets (and later justifies it with some shaky logic). The story isn't about the gun, but without the gun you don't have any story at all. I do giggle whenever Tairy says it's about "characters". He should try developing one someday.

Aemon Stark posted [url="http://www.nationalreview.com/flashback/flashback200501050715.asp"]this[/url] in the Tomatoes thread, and I thought I'd drag it over here in case anybody missed it. I've never read any Rand, and I doubt I will, since after reading this old review it seems that Tairy might be far closer to her than I'd previously imagined.

[quote name='Moosicus' post='1415840' date='Jun 26 2008, 03.46']Aemon Stark posted [url="http://www.nationalreview.com/flashback/flashback200501050715.asp"]this[/url] in the Tomatoes thread, and I thought I'd drag it over here in case anybody missed it. I've never read any Rand, and I doubt I will, since after reading this old review it seems that Tairy might be far closer to her than I'd previously imagined.[/quote]

Pursuing the history of this article further. Whittaker Chambers is turning out to be an [url="http://www.whittakerchambers.org/"]interesting[/url] [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whittaker_Chambers"]fellow[/url].

And yes. Ayn Rand has never worked in anything other than paragons and caricatures. That was a large target of ire for me when we had to read Anthem in high school. Thankfully the experience saved me from ever picking up any of her other books on virtue of their art deco covers alone.

I feel that there's a fundamental flaw with Underworld 3.

I mean, the basic concept of Underworld was, let's cut right to the chase, Kate Beckinsale. As a vampire. In tight leather and pleather. Looking [i]hot[/i].

I vaguely understand that there was some other content in the movies as well, but I believe that my points above really capture the essence of it? Surely, she was the point. And she made for a couple of very entertaining movies, I might add.

How is this third movie going to work without Kate Beckinsale? It seems to be missing the point, yes?

[quote name='Marko Triskelic' post='1416425' date='Jun 26 2008, 11.40']Jaxom - The beauty here is that such a place doesn't exist. Tairy, despite emphatic claims to the contrary, is [i]such[/i] a SFF writer, that he would never be discussed anywhere else.[/quote]

Oh I'd think that there has to be some forum somewhere where the declaration of a "major" author recieving a "major" sum of cash (Loonies or otherwise) to write the next great thing would be worthy of some sort of mention. Crossover or not.

Ok, I'm going to ask what will probably seem like a reaaally dumb question, but why does everyone call TG Tairy? I see it all the time, and I was just curious.

The other thread with the .net folks is the only Goodkind thread I've ever read. I just finished it, and I think my eyeballs are bleeding. For the record, I think the SoT series (well, the four that I read. I can't believe I made it to four) sucked arse. Great big giant sticky sweaty smelly dripping unwashed ones.

I really cannot understand, even after reading that whole other thread, why someone would like these books. I also know that people can say that about a lot of stuff that I like, and I'm just way too lazy to argue. To each their own, I guess.

[quote name='Tyria' post='1416515' date='Jun 26 2008, 13.16']I really cannot understand, even after reading that whole other thread, why someone would like these books. I also know that people can say that about a lot of stuff that I like, and I'm just way too lazy to argue. [b]To each their own, I guess.[/b][/quote]
That is, indeed the right answer.

And, as a side note, your name is an anagram of Tairy. Coincidence? :D

[quote name='Kheldar' post='1416528' date='Jun 26 2008, 14.24']And, as a side note, your name is an anagram of Tairy. Coincidence? :D[/quote]

Heh. Never noticed that. Mine is actually just a girled up version of Tyrion.

Still, why Tairy??

[quote name='Kheldar' post='1416528' date='Jun 26 2008, 12.24']That is, indeed the right answer.[/quote]

Never been a question otherwise, despite protestations to the contrary.

Tairy? One reason was simply to foil search engines some, I believe.

I thought it was to avoid accusations of libel and such. Hey, we're just making fun of some made-up guy named Tairy.

But now I'm thinking that Tyria is a spy. :leaving:

Archived