"Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer - A YA vampire novel

potsherds

[quote name='Knight of the Wineskin' post='1507055' date='Sep 5 2008, 12.36']Card wrote a few good books, then hopped on the one-way train to Crazy Town. Not the best example.[/quote]

Indeed. If we want an example of an LDS genre author worthy of praise it would be Sanderson.

[quote name='Epilogue' post='1507168' date='Sep 5 2008, 15.17']Thanks a lot Brienne! That's a great list, I'm going to go purchase a few of those and mail them to her, with a list of the other Rec's over the weekend. :)

Fevre dream was a one of the first that came to my mind as well. It was a great book, and thought she'd like the vampires. But do you think it's a bit mature for her? I mean, I don't know, I'm sure kids now a days are learning far worse things in school, so I doubt that I'll be destroying her innocence.
Still.. Martin can be pretty dark.
I guess I'm just being sexist though, as I had no problem at all giving old copies of AGOT to my little brother.

EDIT: Redundancy.[/quote]

No problem! :) Glad I could help. As for Fevre Dream, I had the same concern. With my sister it's different: I made her read ASOIAF and she ended up loving it (though the gods only know why she insists on re-reading Eragon and pursuing Twilight - I guess they are just fluffier and more cheerful and more in line with what her peers are reading), which is why I feel safe recommending Fevre Dream. For someone who is not exposed to GRRM, I guess other vampire novels would suit better. Unfortunately, I have hardly read anything in vampire literature, so I can't think of anything on that score.

Archived