Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Shryke

[quote name='Intercept' post='1437303' date='Jul 12 2008, 00.46']What's DAoC Origins?[/quote]
[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=29542"]http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=29542[/url]

[quote name='Mister Manticore' post='1437024' date='Jul 11 2008, 16.23']When you've played something, had experience with it, and so have a number of people you know (some for decades), it's not prejudice when you come to an opinion about it. Rather the opposite.

Dawn of War was made by Relic, not Mythic anyway, so what's *that* got to do with WHO?[/quote]

It's not made by GW, which you've been bashing. So why are GW's TT games relevant if Relic's game (which is actually a video game) isn't?

[quote name='Anatole Kuragin' post='1437310' date='Jul 12 2008, 01.02']It's not made by GW, which you've been bashing.[/quote]

Bashing? You think that my words are bashing? :huh:

We must have two different concepts of the word then. :dunno:

Bashing is far, far more critical and venomous than what I've been saying. And it seems to me, that you're seeing my words as very hostile, when actually, they're not intended as such. :mellow:

To me, I'm just relating how the original game has gone fine without being elegant or balanced for decades, and how I expect WHO to be not very different in possessing flaws. This will not necessarily change the fun of the game, anymore than it's harmed WH, WOW, 40K, D&D, or any other game. Perhaps they'll fix it, perhaps not. People will still complain. Some complaints will be frivolous. Others will be spot on. Some will just be normal griping. :love:

And this is why, believe it or not, a person can see the flaws in something and still enjoy it. I know I don't let the flaws in any game I play necessarily stop me from having fun. I may complain about them....but then, given my experience with other players, I think that's kind of half the fun around here. Perhaps you have a different environment? :unsure:

[quote]So why are GW's TT games relevant if Relic's game (which is actually a video game) isn't?[/quote]

You're the one complaining about it, you can't have it both ways. Me, I honestly don't care that you think the RTS kicked ass. I could say the same about the other games by GW (some of them anyway). I still wouldn't pretend there aren't flaws and imbalances abounding in them. :hat:

Anyway, don't think of my words as bashing, if you do, it'll just lead to you seeing them as far more negative than they're meant to be, which will likely lead to a lack of communication and far more misunderstandings than is good for a discussion. :cheers:

[quote name='Mister Manticore' post='1437427' date='Jul 12 2008, 06.12']Bashing? You think that my words are bashing? :huh:

We must have two different concepts of the word then. :dunno:

Bashing is far, far more critical and venomous than what I've been saying. And it seems to me, that you're seeing my words as very hostile, when actually, they're not intended as such. :mellow:

To me, I'm just relating how the original game has gone fine without being elegant or balanced for decades, and how I expect WHO to be not very different in possessing flaws. This will not necessarily change the fun of the game, anymore than it's harmed WH, WOW, 40K, D&D, or any other game. Perhaps they'll fix it, perhaps not. People will still complain. Some complaints will be frivolous. Others will be spot on. Some will just be normal griping. :love:

And this is why, believe it or not, a person can see the flaws in something and still enjoy it. I know I don't let the flaws in any game I play necessarily stop me from having fun. I may complain about them....but then, given my experience with other players, I think that's kind of half the fun around here. Perhaps you have a different environment? :unsure:

You're the one complaining about it, you can't have it both ways. Me, I honestly don't care that you think the RTS kicked ass.

Anyway, don't think of my words as bashing, if you do, it'll just lead to you seeing them as far more negative than they're meant to be, which will likely lead to a lack of communication and far more misunderstandings than is good for a discussion. :cheers:[/quote]

Ok, bashing might not be the right word then. Whatever you call it, if you say a game will be released and will have x flaw because the company that made the tabletop game makes tabletop games with flaws after having played a video game based on the same source without those issues, it seems like you're just trying to be a negative ned.

[quote]I could say the same about the other games by GW (some of them anyway). I still wouldn't pretend there aren't flaws and imbalances abounding in them[/quote]

GW didn't make DoW, GW isn't making WAR. They're third party companies effectively making whatever balancing issues the TT game has irrelevant. (insert friendly emote)

[quote name='Mister Manticore' post='1437611' date='Jul 12 2008, 12.38']Really, you need to stop calling me prejudiced and saying I'm bashing, as that's just showing me you're seeing things far too negatively and being far too hostile in your responses. It's a bit tiresome to deal with Angry Freddie.[/quote]

[quote name='Anatole'][b]Ok, bashing might not be the right word then.[/b][/quote]

I'm just trying to find out how a tabletop game's balance will directly affect a computer game's balance.

A computer game, again, that's not made by the same company.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
[quote name='Minaku' post='1491862' date='Aug 23 2008, 05.40']Let us all roll on the same server! I am on Red Eye Mountain but am willing to change, unless you guys want to roll where Schnee and I are.[/quote]
Goalie and I are in Todbringer, Order side. We're level 6 or so I think. are you guys Order or Destruction?

ETA we are probably going to reroll to try another class so we could do a new server too.

• 3 weeks later...
We've got a guild up and running on Ostermark (core-rp) thanks to the majority of us pre-ordering the CE. If anyone wants to run with or fight us I"m Villem, and the guild is Vachtulven. Send me a game mail or pm here if so.

EDIT: By 'we,' I mean myself and some friends/guildies from other games, not board members.

[quote name='Brandon Stark' post='1523162' date='Sep 18 2008, 09.00']We've got a guild up and running on Ostermark (core-rp) thanks to the majority of us pre-ordering the CE. If anyone wants to run with or fight us I"m Villem, and the guild is Vachtulven. Send me a game mail or pm here if so.

EDIT: By 'we,' I mean myself and some friends/guildies from other games, not board members.[/quote]
Order or Destruction?

We're Order on Sea of Claws but we are level... 4 or something so I would consider moving if it was worth it.

Or if anyone wants to join us there, let me know. So far we have a swordmaster (me) a warrior priest, and a Witch hunter

Started playing it today as a SM on a Euro Core server, was all going quite well until my bloody internet went down for 5 hours, oh that was so annoying.

Almost as annoying as the PQ I did after were dispite finishing in the top 3 three times in a row for contribution my rolls let me down and I had to stay for a 4th, which unsurprising when I managed to get a bonus of +800 before the roll I got a loot bag!

My favourite PQ was on an island when me and an Archmage duo'd the whole thing, luckly the end champion was a caster who couldn't seriously hurt me through the HoTs of the AM and the fact I had put my Sword and Board on for it.

Also got hold of the broken reknown shield just before I logged, its block value is slightly bit wrong which is probably going to be patched soon, but for the meanwhile I'm enjoying the shield that gets me to 33% block at level 8.

[quote name='SirRots' post='1523730' date='Sep 18 2008, 15.59']Also got hold of the broken reknown shield just before I logged, its block value is slightly bit wrong which is probably going to be patched soon, but for the meanwhile I'm enjoying the shield that gets me to 33% block at level 8.[/quote]
On Preview weekend we got a shield from a mob that had something like 746 block, and the renown vendor was selling one that had 68. And every other thing that the renown vendor had was much better than my stuff. So I think it was broken, but I liked it!

Shryke, I dont think it really requires much more than WoW. It's certainly not Conan.

Archived