Upcoming cover art

Larry.

Really?!? This craptacular gem from Sweet - Clueless Rand playing hide-and-go-seek?

Yes. That's not the best scan I've seen, but generally I find it to be a very atmospherical piece with vivid colours and architectural designs that really captures my imagination. As always with Sweet though, the background is better than the human figures.

The fact that a scene depicted on a cover may or may not make sense in relation to the it's supposed to be taken from is generally completely uninteresting to me. I evaluate the quality of cover art on its own terms.

I wish most fantasy covers were this good.

It's a beautiful cover. All the e-book covers have been great, in fact. Although I admit, I sort of hoped TFoH would feature a sweeping battle panorama, as it features one of the biggest and most significant battles in the series. Rand raining down destruction on the Shaido from his tower, say. But Moiraine's great, even if the garments are a bit too fantasy and not quite enough of Cairhien.

More Peter Hamilton covers, this time new ones for Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained. Personally, I'm not convinced they suit.

As people on there commented, in a way they are reasonably good covers but they seem a bit inappropriate for the content of the books. I think they'd be a better fit for Fallen Dragon out of Hamilton's books, although the backdrop would probably be a bit too high-tech looking.

Archived