Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ran

Worldcon Reports

290 posts in this topic

A place for posting stories, anecdotes, drunken ramblings, and the occasional thing that might or might not be related to GRRM and the series. ;)

Could someone be so kind as to finally ask George about how old Darkstar is? "Is he older than Arianne?" should do it. :P

Another possible question might be whether the Tullys would still have backed Robert's Rebellion without one or both marriage contracts (Catelyn to first Brandon then Ned, and Lysa to Jon Arryn).

Are these people in a book or something?

[quote]Fuck Darkstar[/quote]

I'm noting a sad lack of drunken WorldCon updates....

[quote name='Starkess' post='1470310' date='Aug 6 2008, 12.24']I'm noting a sad lack of drunken WorldCon updates....[/quote]

No doubt. It's 10:30 am there. Get with it people! :cheers:

Surely the liquor stores are already open, even if the bars aren't.

*is drinking*

Wait, no I'm not. Tomorrow. I'm doing the con tomorrow. DON'T PRESSURE ME. :)

So, yeah. Where are the wild photos from last night?

[quote name='dajamieson' post='1470275' date='Aug 6 2008, 17.59']Fuck Darkstar[/quote]

He's Dornish, so he might swing that way, I suppose.

Bet you'd have to suck his lemon first, though. ;)

[quote]Bet you'd have to suck his lemon first, though.[/quote]I love the taste of bitter emo lemons

The con is happening, even if no one who posts here is drunk yet. My husband is at the convention center today for a solar energy workshop and just texted me that he's having lunch next to a Klingon.

Yay, klingons! There weren't too many of them around at the L.A. Worldcon that I can remember, as compared to Glasgow or the reports I recall from San Jose.

[quote]Fuck Darkstar[/quote]

shuttup dark* is teh graetest

[quote name='Ran' post='1470527' date='Aug 6 2008, 14.49']Yay, klingons! There weren't too many of them around at the L.A. Worldcon that I can remember, as compared to Glasgow or the reports I recall from San Jose.[/quote]
I remember Mormont commenting on the lack of klingons at LA by saying "There's been a rift in the Klingon community".

Haven't seen any here yet, though I've only been in town for a couple hours.

Also not drunk yet, either.

[quote name='zakalwe7' post='1470563' date='Aug 6 2008, 12.09']shuttup dark* is teh graetest[/quote]

[b][size=3]dark* + RT 4evah!!!![/size][/b]

Not drunk yet...I fail. We did spend lunch trying to come up with some suitble quests for the noobs. Results pending....

[quote name='Mr. X' post='1470908' date='Aug 6 2008, 19.19']Also not drunk yet, either.[/quote]

Lame. :P

[quote name='dajamieson' post='1470937' date='Aug 6 2008, 20.01']Not drunk yet...I fail. We did spend lunch trying to come up with some suitble quests for the noobs. Results pending....[/quote]

Maybe I'm glad I'm not there...

[quote name='Starkess' post='1470940' date='Aug 6 2008, 20.03']Maybe I'm glad I'm not there...[/quote]
I don't know...your height would have been a large advantage in at least one of the plans.