Worldcon Reports

Ran

Both titles signify the same thing - that we are all of the Knightly Order of the Tomato Pie, which is the official title George knighted us with

However "Mile High Tomato Pie" sounds way cooler and is also a permanent reminder of Denver where we were Knighted

In the end it is just a personal choice about which words a Ser or Dame wishes to use

[quote name='Ser Stubby' post='1483859' date='Aug 18 2008, 05.21']Told several people at work to enjoy themselves and had a little snigger to myself. I'm supposed to go back to a 4 hour lecture tonight but I don't know if I will make it - I'll probably sleep through most of it if I do.[/quote] :lol:

I share an office with someone who ALWAYS goes to sleep during any seminar, training course, or anything that involves the lights being turned down really, even if it is only 15 minutes long. I hope you went to sleep but didn't snore.

I'm home at last. I'm not going anywhere near an airport for ages and ages.

[quote name='serMountainGoat' post='1484063' date='Aug 18 2008, 06.30']Both titles signify the same thing - that we are all of the Knightly Order of the Tomato Pie, which is the official title George knighted us with

However "Mile High Tomato Pie" sounds way cooler and is also a permanent reminder of Denver where we were Knighted

In the end it is just a personal choice about which words a Ser or Dame wishes to use[/quote]
I see. Well thank you for enlightening me. You guys are crazy. I love it here. :)

There are several different knightly orders, which indicate when you were knighted, and several different titles, which indicate how many knighting events you've attended. I, for example, am a Prince of the Cheesesteak, meaning that I was knighted in 2001 and I have attended 5 knighting ceremonies total.

[quote name='Yagathai' post='1484447' date='Aug 18 2008, 12.20']There are several different knightly orders, which indicate when you were knighted, and several different titles, which indicate how many knighting events you've attended. I, for example, am a Prince of the Cheesesteak, meaning that I was knighted in 2001 and I have attended 5 knighting ceremonies total.[/quote]

Who keeps track of all this? Self-regulated?

As kal says, it is self-regulated and nobody is going to make a stink over details.

But I believe that I am Lord Bronn Stone (3 ceremonies), Master of the Cellars (bestowed by GRRM when I was raised to Lord), Knight of the Lamprey Pie.

Hey everyone, I'm glad you guys had such a great time in Denver. I just wanted to thank Mountain Goat for such an awesome wrap-up, the effort and detail is really appreciated!

... and you all should really think about coming to Melbourne in 2010!!!

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1484583' date='Aug 18 2008, 12.17']Yep. It's not like you get fiefdoms and are in charge of raising levies.[/quote]

I knew there had to be [i][/i]something[i][/i] wrong with this place. I say we begin to distribute fiefdoms and raising levies to make up for lost time. Who's with me?!?!

[quote name='Seajaye' post='1485594' date='Aug 19 2008, 06.33']I knew there had to be something wrong with this place. I say we begin to distribute fiefdoms and raising levies to make up for lost time. Who's with me?!?![/quote]

Well... I'm kinda the Hedge Knight sort... do the deeds with and where the cash is offered... :)

[quote name='Ser Stubby' post='1483859' date='Aug 17 2008, 21.21']Told several people at work to enjoy themselves and had a little snigger to myself.[/quote]

Me too mate, it is cool to know the inside story.

[quote name='Luzifer's right hand' post='1488109' date='Aug 20 2008, 22.09']Because he is busy enjoying himself...duh![/quote]
:lol:

Lovely pic there. :) Try not to take this the wrong way, but I think the horns look quite appropriate on you. ;)

Hi everyone, arlington bill's girlfriend here. Finally got around to signing up.

Going to echo everything he posted especially the don't host 6 parties in 4 nights part. Mostly did party stuff, but I went to some panels and attended the Masquerade and the costumes and presentations were amazing. It even started on time as well.

Had good time at the con and was happy to see people I met at the DC gathering, and meet new people. Sorry I wasn't too social on Saturday, was a bit overwhelmed by all the parties by then.

Since were not doing a ton of parties next Worldcon, I'll be more social.

Archived