Worldcon Reports

Ran

[quote name='Relic' post='1475461' date='Aug 11 2008, 13.38']:rofl:

pics?????[/quote]
[url="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/2754451984_8d9ffebb22_o.jpg"]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/275445...d9ffebb22_o.jpg[/url]

[quote name='RaceBannon42' post='1475491' date='Aug 11 2008, 15.06'][url="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/2754451984_8d9ffebb22_o.jpg"]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/275445...d9ffebb22_o.jpg[/url][/quote]

haha you photo shopper. thats not the tshirt. unless Pod made his own. Which is triple hilarious.

[quote name='Relic' post='1475497' date='Aug 11 2008, 20.12']haha you photo shopper. thats not the tshirt. unless Pod made his own. Which is triple hilarious.[/quote]
No. I didn't. Although, I do own the tshirt, so I must have been blind enough to wear it at some stage. :P

[quote name='Relic' post='1475422' date='Aug 11 2008, 13.11']what i really wanna know is....

did anyone wear a blame pod tshirt???[/quote]

At Dinner Kat blamed something on Pod, the chant was taken up and George looked around and stated 'Most of you don't even KNOW Pod'. We agreed and blamed Pod for that too!

:)

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1475377' date='Aug 11 2008, 10.42']That actually was me saying that. I know, people mix me and stego up all the damn time. And yes, you are the only person that wants it in Reno. You could drive to Seattle, ya know - it's not THAT far. :P[/quote]

Sorry...I was drunk and you were both in the same corner and...well...right. :uhoh: (Obviously, I know the difference, cause one of you's a dino and the other is a badger. Duh.)

Well I told my geeky coworker at lunch about my weekend and she said she'd go with me if Reno wins for 2011. She's pretty awesome, so....Reno, yes. I'm still pulling for it. Also, the Seattle bartender talked me into having one of those apple pie drinks, then made me go all the way back to the BWB suite to get my ID. Fucker.

[quote name='Ser Lucky Pierre' post='1475705' date='Aug 11 2008, 15.58']At Dinner Kat blamed something on Pod, the chant was taken up and George looked around and stated 'Most of you don't even KNOW Pod'. We agreed and blamed Pod for that too!

:)[/quote]
Rofl

[quote]Also, the Seattle bartender talked me into having one of those apple pie drinks, then made me go all the way back to the BWB suite to get my ID. Fucker.[/quote]To be fair, you do look pretty young. :P

The whole "Emerald City" theme for that was totally wrong though. Just seemed bizarre. And I can't believe they didn't try and sell [url="http://www.powells.com/"]Powell's[/url] as a reason to do Seattle. It's not that far, and you'd think the geeks would flock to it.

It is going to be hard to beat cheap prostitutes and loose slots, but I'm hoping.

[quote name='Ser Lucky Pierre' post='1475705' date='Aug 11 2008, 16.58']At Dinner Kat blamed something on Pod, the chant was taken up and George looked around and stated 'Most of you don't even KNOW Pod'. We agreed and blamed Pod for that too!

:)[/quote]

haha oh man. thats so sweet. You guys are pro Pod Blamers!

Real con report will have to wait for now as we just got home a few hours ago. Some of you who were at the con may notice that we were [i]supposed[/i] to have been home by this time [i]yesterday[/i].

Yeah, it's a really long story. Suffice it to say that we must have seriously pissed off the powers that be with our debauchery. :bang:

Was it the Denver airport's fault, Regina? Because that airport is totally the worst pseudo-hub in the entire fucking country, I swear. Have I mentioned that once I got on my delayed-by-an-hour flight home, we then actually taxied the airport for over an hour because the wind changed directions and they had to assign new runways to all the departures? The only flight that was not delayed for me getting there and back was from LAX to SFO. I used to hate LAX, but if I can say one thing about it, I've never experienced delays.

TPTB must seriously hate my agnostic ways; they have punished me too with shitty flights and cursed me so that my Worldcon roommates get food poisoning and people at meals with me spill drinks. :thumbsdown:

I bet in Jericho, the shitty TV show, the only reason Denver got nuked is that they were trying to put Denver International out of its misery, and missed.

Sorry about that Kat... I have to say though that DIA actually is pretty good most of the time. Strangely enough it seems summer time is the worst at that airport.

Glad you all made it, even if it was 'eventually'...

And I get to see Soph and Dunny and hopefully MJS tomorrow! WOO HOO!

Okay, I'm too tired to do anything constructive this evening, so I'll whine about our flight:

-We got to the airport with no trouble, and even split the cost of the cab with a GRRM fan from Israel. We had a good conversation and pimped the boards and the BWB to him.
-Everything went like clockwork at the airport/during the boarding. Early in the flight the pilot said we would even land early.
-Then we learned that there was bad weather in Philly (our connection site), and we "needed to find a better vector" for our arrival. So, we circled for a while.
-Eventually we were told that Philly had stopped [i]everything[/i], and as we were low on fuel we had to go land at Harrisburg instead. Harrisburg was too small to handle us and the other 6 planes sent there, and wouldn't let us off of the planes.
-THEY MADE US SIT IN THE PLANE ON THE RUNWAY FOR OVER 6 HOURS. There was no food (as they had only been stocked with snack boxes which had been sold during the flight) and the bathrooms weren't available for part of the time (as they were about to overflow since we couldn't get anyone to come service said bathrooms).
-When we finally went inside, I went straight to a directory and saw that a flight was boarding for Boston right at that moment. So, we marched up to the boarding gate, told them we'd just spent 6 hours on their runway, and insisted to be put on this plane. The good news is that we made that flight. The bad news is that flying into Boston in a plane the size of a small gnat when it's raining hard is scary as hell.
-At this point we could have tried to get onto the night's last bus to NH, but just couldn't take it anymore. So we got a hotel room and slept like the dead for 10 hours. This morning we took the bus to NH, got a cab to the airport where our car was parked, and drove home. If only we could get back those 24 hours and somehow spend them at the con instead this time around...

[quote name='Regina' post='1476014' date='Aug 11 2008, 19.37']Okay, I'm too tired to do anything constructive this evening, so I'll whine about our flight:

-We got to the airport with no trouble, and even split the cost of the cab with a GRRM fan from Israel. We had a good conversation and pimped the boards and the BWB to him.
-Everything went like clockwork at the airport/during the boarding. Early in the flight the pilot said we would even land early.
-Then we learned that there was bad weather in Philly (our connection site), and we "needed to find a better vector" for our arrival. So, we circled for a while.
-Eventually we were told that Philly had stopped [i]everything[/i], and as we were low on fuel we had to go land at Harrisburg instead. Harrisburg was too small to handle us and the other 6 planes sent there, and wouldn't let us off of the planes.
-THEY MADE US SIT IN THE PLANE ON THE RUNWAY FOR OVER 6 HOURS. There was no food (as they had only been stocked with snack boxes which had been sold during the flight) and the bathrooms weren't available for part of the time (as they were about to overflow since we couldn't get anyone to come service said bathrooms).
-When we finally went inside, I went straight to a directory and saw that a flight was boarding for Boston right at that moment. So, we marched up to the boarding gate, told them we'd just spent 6 hours on their runway, and insisted to be put on this plane. The good news is that we made that flight. The bad news is that flying into Boston in a plane the size of a small gnat when it's raining hard is scary as hell.
-At this point we could have tried to get onto the night's last bus to NH, but just couldn't take it anymore. So we got a hotel room and slept like the dead for 10 hours. This morning we took the bus to NH, got a cab to the airport where our car was parked, and drove home. If only we could get back those 24 hours and somehow spend them at the con instead this time around...[/quote]

Sounds like a typical US Scareways flight... Sorry you had to endure that-but we are glad you made the trip! :cheers:

Great reports everyone. Sorry I missed it after promising last year to be there :( I hope Sean, Silanah, Isis and the rest of the crew kept the British end up.

It's also typical that the one time a congoer follows Zak's advice, he's not around to see it. And can we add 'Wankbuster' to Stego's titles?

Next year, new job willing :cheers:

[quote name='Ser Lucky Pierre' post='1476028' date='Aug 11 2008, 20.54']Sounds like a typical US Scareways flight... Sorry you had to endure that-but we are glad you made the trip! :cheers:[/quote]

Was it that obvious that we flew US "Scareways"? I didn't even mention the airline by name, lol.

It was good to meet you, too! Hail the Knight of the Tomato Pie!

[quote name='The Iceman of the North' post='1476036' date='Aug 11 2008, 21.02']Regina, it's almost like I can't complain about having to wait three and half hour here in Milwaukee because they don't have a crew for our flight to Boston before that. At least I'm sitting [i]in [/i]the airport, with online access.[/quote]

Nah, whine away. Although, I would have killed for some online access. And I would have done unspeakable things that can't be written here to get a shower.

Archived