Anticipation 2009 (Montreal Worldcon)

Kat

Bored/emo at work. Why can't they have Worldcon once a month, ffs?

Anyway, [url="http://www.anticipationsf.ca/English/Home"]Montreal[/url]- who's planning on going?

[quote]Neil Gaiman - Guest of Honour
Élisabeth Vonarburg - Invitée d’honneur
Ralph Bakshi - Artist Guest of Honour
Taral Wayne - Fan Guest of Honour
Tom Doherty - Publisher Guest of Honour
David Hartwell - Editor Guest of Honour
Julie Czerneda - Master of Ceremonies[/quote]

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1477082' date='Aug 12 2008, 18.48']I plan on making this my first Worldcon. It's so close, that it's practically inexcusable to not go.[/quote]
Please pass such sentiments on to Shryke, mmkay? Having both of you talkative Canadians there would be fun. :)

Although I am hesitant to agree to go to Canada (I've been doing such a good job of avoiding the place!), it would be totally cool to go. Don't know what sort of leave I'll be looking at then though. My best friend is getting married around then and I have to take leave for that, so maybe maybe not.

[quote name='Ser Lucky Pierre' post='1477073' date='Aug 12 2008, 14.44']Should be there. And the Party Train idea from NYC to Montreal is the way to go![/quote]

That would be so wild. I hope the 3 hours sleep I get before NY will be enough :lol:

I did check the current Amtrack Prices and it's $62 each way, and the only train I saw departing was at 8:00am, so if you fly to ny, that needs to be taken into account.

[quote name='potsherds' post='1477086' date='Aug 12 2008, 14.49']Please pass such sentiments on to Shryke, mmkay? Having both of you talkative Canadians there would be fun. :)[/quote]
I thought I saw Shryke post that he is planning on moving to Sin City, so he doesn't have an excuse either.

[quote name='Mo Sneachd' post='1477093' date='Aug 12 2008, 14.51']I WANT TO GO.

Sadly, I fear reality will try its best to interfere.

But I'll try my very best.[/quote]

Yeah. I need to sell my house, get a new job, move to a new state, hopefully have time off from said new job, and finalize my divorce, all next summer. It will be a very busy time for me, but I am hoping to make it.

We want to go as well but we don't know if it will be possible. Way too early to tell.

If we do though, we're totally loving the Party Train idea. Flying to NY would be a lot cheaper than flying to Montreal.

[quote name='mashiara' post='1477109' date='Aug 12 2008, 14.57']If we do though, we're totally loving the Party Train idea. Flying to NY would be a lot cheaper than flying to Montreal.[/quote]

Same for me. Montreal is f'ing 'spensive to fly to!

[quote name='Starkess' post='1477115' date='Aug 12 2008, 15.00']Same for me. Montreal is f'ing 'spensive to fly to![/quote]

The train from Baltimore leaves at 3:55am...might be around 3:15 am closer to you. :)

If things don't go as plan, I will be on the train from Baltimore and switch in NY

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1477119' date='Aug 12 2008, 15.02']The train from Baltimore leaves at 3:55am...might be around 3:15 am closer to you. :)[/quote]

Ah, but at this time next year I will have blown the east coast and be happily over in California! :)

[quote name='Starkess' post='1477123' date='Aug 12 2008, 22.04']Ah, but at this time next year I will have blown the east coast and be happily over in California! :)[/quote]

California is still going to be closer than Athens.. and airfare will only get more expensive by then. :thumbsdown:

Archived