R. Scott Bakker

TerraPrime

Thanks to Stego, I met Bakker and shook the man's hand. Woot! I complimented him on daring to use longer names and for writing a series with great depth. He was gracious and polite. Nice guy. He also said that the next book should be out in the middle of January. Yay.

Thanks to Stego, I met Bakker and shook the man's hand. Woot! I complimented him on daring to use longer names and for writing a series with great depth. He was gracious and polite. Nice guy. He also said that the next book should be out in the middle of January. Yay.

Do you know if thats for the UK as well?

I ordered "The Darkness That Comes Before" from Amazon a few days ago after reading an interview with Bakker that was mentioned on this board (the old one). If his books aren't much less interesting than his interviews, it should be great. ;)

I still maintain that Scott looks like the missing member of Air Supply based on the photo they put on the back of the TTT ARC. But in person, he's kinda got that Robert Plant mane look going for him, so it's not too bad, I suppose.

And yes, it's a January 19th release for the US for TTT, with the tradeback cover of TWP (sadly, the so-called Cat Stevens cover and not the Canadian/US Hardcover edition on front) already available in stores.

And most certainly go out and read the guy. One of my favorite authors and someone I consider a friend as well.

Guest OsRavan

i'veo nyl read his first book (princeo f ntohign i beleive) but he was pretty good. not the best ive ever read but in the upper fantasy tier for sure

And if you need more info of the man behind the tomes, you can go here for his official fan forum (where he answers all sorts of questions, serious and goofy alike), or you can read this thread of the drunken exploits of Bakker and crew at the just-finished World Fantasy Convention.

Mind you, seeing the author looking in turns like the missing member of Air Supply (TTT ARC cover) or like a 6'6 version of Robert Plant might be disconcerting for some, but the books are well worth the reading effort, even if Bakker himself admits that Martin has him 'licked in the storytelling department.' Humble guy, too. Just a bit of a metro, but we all bear our own crosses, right? ;)

Archived