Lost Season 5 Thread 1

Werthead

The Constant. :love: Des!

I do not like John Locke so Walkabout doesn't hold too much appeal for me.

I'm sure there are some other really good ones, but The Constant is definitely the first that comes to mind. I totally cried like a baby.

[i]The Shape of Things to Come[/i] or, as it could be retitled, [i]Michael Emerson is Awesome[/i]:

Ben and Kemey's stand-off where Kemey has Alex at gunpoint. Ben tries to bluff his way out and Kemey just shoots Alex in the head. Ben is just left speechless for several minutes. Then, calm and collected, he summons Cerberus to tear the mercenaries a new one. Whilst the smoke monster is eating them alive, Ben recovers his daughter's corpse and bursts in tears at the massive miscalculation he has made. Then, at the end of the episode, flashforward Ben meets Charles Widmore, the mercenaries' employer, and calmly tells him that he has crossed the line and he is going to kill Penelope in response.

True, it's slightly let down by it turning out that the smoke monster only killed one of the mercenaries and injured another (seriously? That thing killed Eko in ten seconds flat), but for establishing that [b]Lost[/b] is basically now going to be about a war between Ben and Widmore, it really gives the show a renewed sense of purpose.

Oh yeah, and Alan Dale is brilliant in the final scene as well.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1654694' date='Jan 19 2009, 21.03']No love for [i]Walkabout[/i]??????!?!?!?!

Fuck you all.[/quote]

Dude, that episode aired like a decade ago. :lol:

Definitely in my top 10. Third greatest reveal on the show. (First was Desmond in Season 2 premiere, Second was Ben stitching up Sayid.)

[quote name='Fatuous' post='1655330' date='Jan 20 2009, 12.11']No love for Arnzt and the Exodus, the three hour season one finale?[/quote]

Are you kidding? I love Arnzt, and I was so happy when he was brought back for Expose.

[quote name='Winterfella' post='1655572' date='Jan 20 2009, 19.45']It might not be my favorite of all time, but the one where Nikki and Paolo ("Paolo lies"/"Paralyzed") are buried alive was such a tight, well-done episode.[/quote]

And it had Lando in it. And the meta bit with Hurley talking about Nikki and Lando's TV series ("The most awesome hour of TV ever,"). And Nikki in the most ridiculously tiny bikini ever, at which point about 48% of the audience instantly reconsidered their opinion she should be booted off the show, but too late.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1655584' date='Jan 20 2009, 14.52']And it had Lando in it.[/quote]

Don't you mean....the COBRA! :pirate: duh duh duhhhh

That was a very clever episode. I have to give LOST credit for finding ways to tweak the flashback formula.

[quote name='Fatuous' post='1655330' date='Jan 20 2009, 12.11']No love for Arnzt and the Exodus, the three hour season one finale?[/quote]

I loved that character and his last scene, but I remember not liking the season one finale. There's only so long you can drag out what's inside a hatch and there's only so long you can watch Hurley run to catch a plane (they were killing so much time), and besides that final raft scene, which was awesome, nothing much happened.

[quote name='El Chico' post='1656043' date='Jan 20 2009, 20.33']Fuck Nikki and Paulo.

"Oh man, we don't have enough episodes, so let's make filler with some male and female eye candy."

I don't like being patronized.[/quote]

I saw it more as a fun break from the oh-so serious storyline. Nothing wrong with an occasional stand alone episode. It reminds me of B5 in the fifth season when they had an episode where the camera followed two mechanics around the station as all these important events are happening around them. Shows what the other half thinks. I wouldn't mind having a minor character be the focus of an episode, like a Scott or Steve and get their perspective on Sawyer, Locke, the Others ect...

Watching Fringe and can't take my mind off of LOST. Only 24 more hours!

Here is a pre-premiere question: Which was your favorite character introduced in season 4 that you want to see A LOT more of in season 5? Charlotte Staples Lewis is a strong contender but I'm going to unsurprisingly go with Mathew Abaddon.

1. He is a fantastic actor. I loved him in OZ, The Wire, and in Fringe.

2. His character is frustratingly ambiguous. He ostensibly works for Widmore, but why help Locke?

3. The name "Mathew Abbadon" is incredibly cool and I love to hear him say it.

[quote name='G'Kar' post='1656064' date='Jan 20 2009, 19.52']I saw it more as a fun break from the oh-so serious storyline. Nothing wrong with an occasional stand alone episode. It reminds me of B5 in the fifth season when they had an episode where the camera followed two mechanics around the station as all these important events are happening around them. Shows what the other half thinks. I wouldn't mind having a minor character be the focus of an episode, like a Scott or Steve and get their perspective on Sawyer, Locke, the Others ect...[/quote]

Yeah, except it [i]wasn't[/i] a fun break. It had Lando, to be sure, but it went off on some moralizing storyline about diamond thieving. My fun break is when Jack comes down with violent dysentery and leaves Hurley in charge...with [i]hilarious[/i] results!

Archived