Mafia 57: The stowaways

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1517185' date='Sep 13 2008, 21.13']Will you guys just stop voting for me... Please? Look, I'm already like halfway to being lynched, give or take a few. I don't want to dieeeeee :cry:

Seriously though, what the heck is Volmark's AV supposed to be? It disturbs me on many, many levels...[/quote]

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1517203' date='Sep 13 2008, 22.13']*Surfing, surfing USA*... Damn it, I hate that song. Stupid radio. Stupid Beach Boys. Stupid thread with nobody posting in it. Stupid stuff I have to do before going to bed.

Ah well, be back in the morning. Hopefully there's something interesting happenening then. Or at least something to talk about between now and then.[/quote]

The main problem I have with Wynch is that he should have seen Merlyn's post claiming he had a lot of votes before posting his joke vote. These posts are on the same page (no matter how many posts per page you are set on). If there was a worry about it, why vote in the first place?
Then after he removes his vote, he double checks and finds that Merlynd only has a couple of votes and calls Merlyn a liar. But Merlyn does say "give or take a few" meaning he knows he is not half way to being lynched, he was just exaggerating, and admitted it.

I am seriously bothered by [b]Wynch[/b]

(oh, and Merlyn's av is waterspouts, so claim the mods of last game)

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Volmark, Wynch.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Merlyn ( Goodbrother, Botley, Wynch)
3 votes for Wynch ( Drumm, Kenning, Orkwood)
1 vote for Drumm ( Saltcliffe)
1 vote for Goodbrother ( Merlyn)
1 vote for Harlaw ( Stonetree)
1 vote for Stonetree ( Myre)

3 players have not voted: Farwynd, Harlaw, Volmark.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1517325' date='Sep 14 2008, 13.05']The main problem I have with Wynch is that he should have seen Merlyn's post claiming he had a lot of votes before posting his joke vote. These posts are on the same page (no matter how many posts per page you are set on). If there was a worry about it, why vote in the first place?
Then after he removes his vote, he double checks and finds that Merlynd only has a couple of votes and calls Merlyn a liar. But Merlyn does say "give or take a few" meaning he knows he is not half way to being lynched, he was just exaggerating, and admitted it.

I am seriously bothered by [b]Wynch[/b]

(oh, and Merlyn's av is waterspouts, so claim the mods of last game)[/quote]
Now we be jumping on the bandwagon eh?

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517370' date='Sep 14 2008, 08.06']Harrr, somehow I like wacky Wynch, even if there was on rum at all in this BB song. :cheers:

I also have no problems with his voting stunt, since his motives sound genuine to me. I wonder what a bad boy could gain by this.[/quote]

That is a good point about not gaining anything by it, but you assume any bad people might be experienced enough to not make any such mistakes.

Like I said, I would like to hear his reasons, and won't lynch him without doing so.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517370' date='Sep 14 2008, 09.06']Harrr, somehow I like wacky Wynch, even if there was on rum at all in this BB song. :cheers:

I also have no problems with his voting stunt, since his motives sound genuine to me. I wonder what a bad boy could gain by this.[/quote]

What makes you think Wynch even realized it would be suspicious?

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1517384' date='Sep 14 2008, 09.20']That is a good point about not gaining anything by it, but you assume any bad people might be experienced enough to not make any such mistakes.

Like I said, I would like to hear his reasons, and won't lynch him without doing so.[/quote]

His reasons are already stated in his posts. I could already tell you his answer right now, I'm sure anybody could. Why so afraid to commit?

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1517388' date='Sep 14 2008, 09.22']How else does a lynch happen? (not that this is a lynch, but you know what I mean)

And a reasoned vote is better than a joke vote :/[/quote]

You sound strangely sensitive and nervous [b]Orkwood[/b].

My reasoning was that I kind of skimmed the thread and saw nothing was seriously piling up anywhere. I put a vote on Merlyn, then I was about to post a second post saying I wouldn't be around much later, when in the "Last 10 posts" box I noticed that Merlyn said he was practically dead. I hadn't counted the votes to that point, so I thought I made a mistake, because I didn't actually want to put someone at L-1 or anything. So I removed my vote. But then after re-reading the thread, I saw that Merlyn had only two votes, and I wanted to vote for someone. If I thought it was possible that I wouldn't be around again, I wanted to have a vote on someone, so I went back to my original vote.

I really don't care [i]who[/i] dies today. I just want someone (other than me) to die. Merlyn's as good as any, from my POV, although I'm going to vote [b]Orkwood[/b] instead. How was I supposed to know Merlyn was exaggerating when I couldn't count votes from the page I was on? :rolleyes: I'm sorry, but I can't read sarcasm sans emoticons. It's highly annoying when people in this game post things meant to be jokes/sarcasm without adding hints that they mean that sarcastically.

Also, Orkwood is 1) jumping on a bandwagon and using pretty much the same reasoning as other folks, and 2) questioning Stonetree about his assumptions of my experience, but neither my defender nor I is allowed to back up given the alt rules. I don't like that. It's a question I cannot answer out loud.

Anyway, given my lack of time it would hardly be fair or possible for me to add anything else to this defense/offense, so have a good day. :)

[quote name='House Wynch' post='1517407' date='Sep 14 2008, 09.50']How was I supposed to know Merlyn was exaggerating when I couldn't count votes from the page I was on? :rolleyes: I'm sorry, but I can't read sarcasm sans emoticons. It's highly annoying when people in this game post things meant to be jokes/sarcasm without adding hints that they mean that sarcastically.[/quote]

Oh I don't know, lets look at the post.

[quote name='Merlyn']Will you guys just stop voting for me... Please? Look, I'm already like halfway to being lynched, give or take a few. I don't want to dieeeeee :cry:

Seriously though, what the heck is Volmark's AV supposed to be? It disturbs me on many, many levels...[/quote]

Maybe the extension of the word "die" or the crying smiley? Or the way he started the next sentence "seriously though", which implies that the previous sentence wasn't serious? Those weren't good enough hints?

[quote name='House Wynch' post='1517407' date='Sep 14 2008, 08.50']My reasoning was that I kind of skimmed the thread and saw nothing was seriously piling up anywhere. I put a vote on Merlyn, then I was about to post a second post saying I wouldn't be around much later, when in the "Last 10 posts" box I noticed that Merlyn said he was practically dead. I hadn't counted the votes to that point, so I thought I made a mistake, because I didn't actually want to put someone at L-1 or anything. So I removed my vote. But then after re-reading the thread, I saw that Merlyn had only two votes, and I wanted to vote for someone. If I thought it was possible that I wouldn't be around again, I wanted to have a vote on someone, so I went back to my original vote.

I really don't care [i]who[/i] dies today. I just want someone (other than me) to die. Merlyn's as good as any, from my POV, although I'm going to vote [b]Orkwood[/b] instead. How was I supposed to know Merlyn was exaggerating when I couldn't count votes from the page I was on? :rolleyes: I'm sorry, but I can't read sarcasm sans emoticons. It's highly annoying when people in this game post things meant to be jokes/sarcasm without adding hints that they mean that sarcastically.

Also, Orkwood is 1) jumping on a bandwagon and using pretty much the same reasoning as other folks, and 2) questioning Stonetree about his assumptions of my experience, but neither my defender nor I is allowed to back up given the alt rules. I don't like that. It's a question I cannot answer out loud.

Anyway, given my lack of time it would hardly be fair or possible for me to add anything else to this defense/offense, so have a good day. :)[/quote]

How could you read sarcasm without emotes? how about the "give or take a few" comment in his posts?
as far as bandwagoning...pot/kettle mean any thing to you?
I never questioned Stonetree on the experience, simply pointed out that it shouldn't be assumed.

You are really one who likes to twist what others say. I was more than prepared to unvote you as soon as I found a better candidate, but now I am more than happy with my vote where it it. Let me say something the others didn't:

Twice you have misrepresented what was said and twisted it. Why would an innocent person need to do that?

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1517384' date='Sep 14 2008, 16.20']That is a good point about not gaining anything by it, but you assume any bad people might be experienced enough to not make any such mistakes.

Like I said, I would like to hear his reasons, and won't lynch him without doing so.[/quote]

This has nothing to do with experience, but with the [i]intention [/i]behind the un-voting and re-voting thing. It doesn't make sense for neither an experienced nor an inexperienced badass, but it makes sense for someone who acted [i]genuinely[/i].

The only argument against Wynch that I can see is that we have two evil teams, so he might have noticed that lynching someone increases his chances to win the game after all, which made him vote for Merlyn again. The chance that this is what happened is small though.

Drumm did have an easy time so far. Kenning to, but we can stake only one player today. Both acted a bit too opportunistic so far.

* sighs *

Wynch and Volmark (based on post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=30858&view=findpost&p=1517180"]43[/url] alone :P) are top on my innocent list, but Myre is only close behind. Just a little hint for those non-pirates that would like to target someone of the other team. :pirate:

Merlyn, however, sounds like someone who desperatly tries to be on scene (post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=30858&view=findpost&p=1517203"]45[/url] is a good example).

Harlaw has been very quiet.

Goodbrother has been very quiet. He also looks like Greyjoy (dunno if that's good or bad).

That's all I can say between two beakers of rum.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517441' date='Sep 14 2008, 17.38']This has nothing to do with experience, but with the [i]intention [/i]behind the un-voting and re-voting thing. It doesn't make sense for neither an experienced nor an inexperienced badass, but it makes sense for someone who acted [i]genuinely[/i].[/quote]
Ever been a little jumpy as an FM? That would be my point against Wynch. The intention behind the votes don't matter. He seemed nervous, what with the need to justify his actions even though it was a joke vote. It was... for lack of better word, the tone and behavior I was looking at, not the action itself. And in that case, the nerves would be very much [i]genuine[/i], so we don't even have to disagree. :)

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517441' date='Sep 14 2008, 17.38']Drumm did have an easy time so far. Kenning to, but we can stake only one player today. Both acted a bit too opportunistic so far.[/quote]
Drumm wants shit to happen.

I do find it interesting that Kenning hopped onto the Wynch Express as soon as I boarded though.

Well, are we in a serious stage of the game even before I had a chance to check?
I hope no.
A fifteen men on a chest of a dead,
Yo-ho-ho, and the bottle of rum.
Drink, and devil'll lead you to your own end,
Yo-ho-ho, and the bottle of rum.
Yeah, I know I am an awful poet, that's the reason why I joined pirates.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1517456' date='Sep 14 2008, 17.59']Well, are we in a serious stage of the game even before I had a chance to check?
I hope no.[/quote]
We got ten hours left. What stage of the game do you [i]think[/i] we're on? That being said...

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! :cheers:

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Volmark, Wynch.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Wynch ( Drumm, Kenning, Orkwood)
2 votes for Merlyn ( Goodbrother, Botley)
2 votes for Orkwood (Myre, Wynch)
1 vote for Drumm ( Saltcliffe)
1 vote for Goodbrother ( Merlyn)
1 vote for Harlaw ( Stonetree)

3 players have not voted: Farwynd, Harlaw, Volmark.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1517466' date='Sep 14 2008, 18.12']Ten hours left!? I suppose I have to kill my provider. I was sure the game just started.
Sorry people, I'try to go into the game AFAIR, but it won't be that fast...[/quote]
I'd forgive your provider. We barely got anything said or done while you were off not playing the game anyhow.

You haven't got that much to catch up on. Would be happy to hear your thoughts.

[quote name='House Wynch' post='1517407' date='Sep 14 2008, 09.50']Also, Orkwood is 1) jumping on a bandwagon and using pretty much the same reasoning as other folks, and 2) questioning Stonetree about his assumptions of my experience, but neither my defender nor I is allowed to back up given the alt rules. I don't like that. It's a question I cannot answer out loud.[/quote]
Heh, I know it was already said but I'll go with a different one, same meaning, raven/crow/black.
[quote name='House Wynch' post='1517407' date='Sep 14 2008, 09.50']Anyway, given my lack of time it would hardly be fair or possible for me to add anything else to this defense/offense, so have a good day. :)[/quote]
So concerned about making a serious defense already?

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517441' date='Sep 14 2008, 10.38']Wynch and Volmark (based on post [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=30858&view=findpost&p=1517180"]43[/url] alone :P) are top on my innocent list, but Myre is only close behind. Just a little hint for those non-pirates that would like to target someone of the other team. :pirate:[/quote]
Dude, *checks off finding symp from list* you could have at least been a bit more subtle and said something about liking Penis Monsters. Bollocks.

-I am actually a bit busy today (might change though), but I do intend on getting to a bit more meat before the end of the day.

Archived