College Football 2008

WarGalley

[quote]Not the case for the 3rd or most of the 4th quarter. It was a one-touchdown game for a long time. They were pounding the ball, but that was because that is who they are as a team - at least last night. They certainly couldn't afford to trade points for time.[/quote]They got hit in the face early, but they recovered. USC didn't do anything meaningfully offensively after their second TD until they had 3 minutes left in the fourth. Until then, USC was stopping them but they were losing the field position battles and wasn't doing much of anything on offense.

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1532859' date='Sep 26 2008, 14.18']Also, three Oregon players - including Daron Thomas, our 5th string (and thus starting) QB - were involved in a street racing accident that left two hospitalized and all three unlikely to play. At this point I have no idea who our QB will be.[/quote]

Jeez, I dont consider myself to be a superstitious person, but I'm starting to believe in the curse of the Oregon QB.

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1532859' date='Sep 26 2008, 14.18']I'd disagree, Bronn - USC wasn't by far the better team in the second half. They did outscore by quite a bit, but the Beavs weren't playing as aggressively at that point and could afford to trade points for time. They were still bringing the pressure and causing mistakes to be made. It wasn't as dominant as it was earlier, and they were trying to get too cute at times, but in general they were still a better team than USC was.

Am kinda dreading facing USC at home next week after this. Ugh.

Also, three Oregon players - including Daron Thomas, our 5th string (and thus starting) QB - were involved in a street racing accident that left two hospitalized and all three unlikely to play. At this point I have no idea who our QB will be.[/quote]

I'm free and shockingly still have my eligibility intact

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1532859' date='Sep 26 2008, 12.18']Also, three Oregon players - including Daron Thomas, our 5th string (and thus starting) QB - were involved in a street racing accident that left two hospitalized and all three unlikely to play. At this point I have no idea who our QB will be.[/quote]

:stunned: Ouch!

I hope everyone involved in the accident ends up being okay. From a football perspective though, I don't know what you do in a situation like that. Put out a call across campus asking for anyone who played quarterback in Middle School? Elementary school? At a family BBQ against the next door neighbors?

[quote name='L'Sana' post='1532715' date='Sep 26 2008, 09.57']I should hope that the commutative property doesn't apply in college football. Commutative property would say that if Oregon State beat USC, that implies USC beat Oregon State. That would just be too weird to think about.

I think you mean the transitive property: if Penn State beat Oregon State and Oregon State beat USC, then Penn State should beat USC. Something that also does not apply in football.[/quote]

My mistake, you're right. Man, I should really go over basic math again...

Archived