NFL Week 2

Ser Paladin

[quote name='Mexal' post='1527545' date='Sep 22 2008, 16.32']It took Westbrook several years to become what he is today. There was a time recently (2 years ago?) where Philly threw a ridiculous number of times due to the fact that they had no running game. It took 4 years for Westbrook to develop into the between tackles guy.[/quote]

Very true. Course the difference was Westbrook looked consistently competent in running the ball early on, if not as explosive as he does now. He just received far fewer attempts as part of an RBBC. Barber's probably the best comparison, because he struggled so much early on between his YPC and his fumbling that he looked to be on his way out of the league when the Giants drafted Ron Dayne. Really does seem to take longer for small RBs to figure out how to run between the tackles. Course that presumes it's just a matter of time before Bush becomes adept at it, and I'm still not sure he will.

Here's some silver lining Mex (from FO):

Ned Macey: Can't wait to watch Cincy's offense rise in our rankings as opponent adjustments kick in. I would take them by 10 points over San Francisco right now, but in playing Baltimore, Tennessee(in terrible conditions), and the Giants, they've played three undefeated teams who all probably will have top 10 defenses.

[quote name='Ghost of Merrill Lynch' post='1527591' date='Sep 22 2008, 17.11']in a little bit I'm meeting with my clients who's son is famous NFL star. Always positive conversations when his team is winning. ;)[/quote]

Do tell. Or at least hint which star.

A few interesting quotes from this year so far:

[quote][i]Patrick Mallister:[/i]
[b] I hope Merriman plays and blows his knee out completely.[/b] Also, I can't wait for Vince Wilfork to make Brett Favre his bitch. Very excited for my Patriots. I'll be in section 318 with my body painted shouting drunken insults at the visiting team in January. See you there.[/quote]

Hhmm...

[quote][i]Heal:[/i]
Minnesota Vikings....Superbowl....I mean think about it
(snipped)
We are seriously the best team in the NFC...soon the NFL once we take the championship home this year.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote][i]Rockroi:[/i]
Major issue that may never come up: our back-up QBs are horrible. Guiteirrez looked better than Cassell and that is only because Cassell is a corpse. He looks like a guy who would MELT if he ever had to start a game (he has not started a football game since High School). I think the Pats should try to sign Pettington because at least Chad won't make horrible mistakes (though we may want a QB who can throw over 25 yards downfield.... is Favre still available?).[/quote]

[quote][i]Andrik the Unsmiling:[/i]
Not that I'm expecting many to care about 49ers updates, but I take back what I said about Alex Smith probably winning the QB job. I was wrong, the coaching staff is apparently much dumber than I'd given them credit for, and [b]the job is apparently headed for JT O'Sullivan's very incapable hands.[/b][/quote]

[quote][i]14th Dragon:[/i]
Ouch, come on now, with 2008 Defensive Rookie of the Year Jerod Mayo, Guyton, Wheatly and Woods you are gonna see some good young talent on defense.[/quote]

The above quote was to clear up an earlier disagreement between Kal and Rockroi.

[quote][i]Rockroi:[/i]
But like it or not, some day Brady is not going to start or will get KO’d from a game. Its time we put even a microbe of thought into who we would then send in. Considering how Brady even got into the NFL to start with, this seems like a semi-no brainer at this point.[/quote]

Almost prophetic.

[quote][i]Whiskeyjack:[/i]
I know its the preseason and I know Braylon Edwards isn't playing, but its worth mentioning....the Browns look horrible right now.[/quote]

Really prophetic?

And lets not forget that jackass who predicted the Raiders would blow out the Broncos on Monday night. :P

YW

[quote name='Young Wolf' post='1527603' date='Sep 22 2008, 14.19']And lets not forget that jackass who predicted the Raiders would blow out the Broncos on Monday night. :P
YW[/quote]

I'd have been more amazed if the same jackass had predicted that the Raiders would dominate the next week and almost win the week after that - then fire their coach.

But learning the mind of Al is a dangerous thing for mortals. Understanding comes with too high a price.

Archived