It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Week

• 4 weeks later...

FXX is going to be the comedy channel, FX will keep the drama. It is silly really. I know that where I live FXX will take the place of FOX Soccer Channel, which I do not get.

Ok that sounds less threatening. They have enough quality to warrant two networks I suppose. I imagine it will be a basic channel once the switch is made, even if you don't receive that channel now. I don't see any reason to charge for comedy and not drama.

It really seems silly for them to split it. I don't think they have enough programming for both channels. Are they going to complete with themselves fro the 9-10pm slot this season with another show? I think that only encourages DVRing...I'm sure they know more about this than I do.

Meh, I download almost everything anyways to avoid commercials so channel isn't a big deal to me.

This show is just a little bit behind Community in rewatchability. Since I discovered it on Netflix a month or so ago I've been going through seasons 5+ (own 1-4 on DVD) and its amazing how great it on repeat viewings.

The first four seasons I could watch on repeat as much as I can watch Community seasons 1-3. It becomes less consistent after season four, but still great. Some of my favorite episodes are some of the new ones.

agree sorta. Perhaps a bit less consistent, but the worst episodes of season 5, 7, 8 are on par with the best of 1-4. so less consistent, but with much much greater heights

its not rewatchable in the same way that community is, but some parts just get funnier and funnier the more times you see them.

for example, when mac and charlie lock eyes from across the room in the dinner episode.

I'm not too concerned about rewatchability as long as the episodes are excellent with a first viewing and that's more often than not the case with this show. With Community I know the rewards for a rewatch are there but Sunny really isn't set up that way. That said they do have call backs and deja vu episodes but it's usually fairly obvious.

Looking forward to it starting back up. The channel splitting thing sounds stupid (especially if some people lose a channel) but it may mean more reruns of Archer.

its not rewatchable in the same way that community is, but some parts just get funnier and funnier the more times you see them.

for example, when mac and charlie lock eyes from across the room in the dinner episode.

I'd agree with that. And with Sunny, for me at least, I usually remember the main storyline from each episode but often not the side story so upon the second rewatch the episode still feels fresh.

Speaking of the Mac and Charlie locking eyes from across the room, one of my friends made that their facebook profile and cover photo. The profile picture is Charlie and the cover photo is Mac. I got a laugh out of it.

I think season eight was the best yet, after a somewhat disappointing season seven. So really looking forward to this.

Whaaat I love season seven. That scene in the first episode where Charlie vomits blood on the woman and then yells "I think I've been poisoned by my constituents!" "would you like an egg in these trying times?" The Rum Ham? Thundergun? (Dude hangs dong.) The reunion? I guess there was a bit of a lull in the middle, I didn't really care for The Gang Gets Trapped.

Whaaat I love season seven. That scene in the first episode where Charlie vomits blood on the woman and then yells "I think I've been poisoned by my constituents!" "would you like an egg in these trying times?" The Rum Ham? Thundergun? (Dude hangs dong.) The reunion? I guess there was a bit of a lull in the middle, I didn't really care for The Gang Gets Trapped.

Yeah, season seven had great moments, no doubt. But I just love how they've cranked up Dennis' psychopathy in season eight, he's my favourite character in the history of comedy.

Archived