It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Week

New season premieres tonight with the episode "The Gang Broke Dee."

The synopsis: Dee starts to embrace the desperate, self-loathing qualities the guys have beaten into her over the years, sending her stand-up comedy career to unexpected places.

Ha, sounds great.

yeah very good but not a classic episode. it was more about the payoff but there was some good stuff along the way. dennis getting mad about what dee thought was funny. (and perhaps a bit of meta)

This was one of those episodes where it's not really funny throughout but I thought the end reveal was hilarious and made up for it. Couldn't stop laughing.

I agree. The reveal was amazing, especially Dennis' reaction to it.

I know it's Always Sunny and I shouldn't over-think it, but how did that make sense? They just kept paying off comedy clubs and their patrons? I did like that they didn't go the way you were thinking (oh no Dee's gonna puke on Conan) and the reminder that "not all of it was fake" and Dee really banged that ugly dude. Oh and Huell.

I'm sure we've discussed this before, but I think Frank is my least favorite and Frank centric episodes are usually the least funny to me. Not that I dislike Frank, because he really did take the show to the next level - I just think that he's best in small doses.

I'm sure we've discussed this before, but I think Frank is my least favorite and Frank centric episodes are usually the least funny to me. Not that I dislike Frank, because he really did take the show to the next level - I just think that he's best in small doses.

One of my favourite eps is the Freedom episode (can't recall the exact title), and Frank is working in the background, creating a gambling circle below the bar, Russian roulette, etc. Generally creating chaos without much screentime. Perfect.

I think it also depends on which frank we get. The scheming asshole who is a brilliant manipulator or the wretched drunk hobo-like thing who is barely functional as he bangs Artemis in a dumpster.

There was a pretty poor episode that was by Devito so it maybe depends on how much input he has on the character?

I thought the opening episode was excellent. Really didn't see the super mindfuck coming at the end. It was great in showing that all the characters are pretty horrible. Watching Dee going from broken wreck to self-destructive ego maniac made her downfall almost a gift as she'd have blown it herself if it had been real. Dennis is borderline serial killer and loved when he "broke" and then there's the rest of the gang who seemed nice but turned out to be dicks anyhow. Brilliant.

I loved the episode where they get inspired by Extreme Make Over and try to build a new house for a Mexican family but completely mess it up. Also, the one where they try to run a 'fancy' successful garbage collection business was pretty hilarious.

Archived