College Football 2008

Rhom

[quote name='lockesnow' post='1567423' date='Oct 26 2008, 02.22']question, if Texas Tech beats Texas and is then beat by Oklahoma, who has the tie breaker for the big 12 south presuming they all win out the rest of their games for an 11-1 season? say they all have one loss, Tech beat Texas beat Oklahoma beat Tech[/quote]

In this scenario, OU will most likely be declared the division champion, as their loss came earliest in the season, so their BCS ranking should be the highest.

That being said, I'm disappointed there's not more love for my Pokes. They too have the opportunity to be included in a 3-way tie assuming a Tech win over UT. Nebraska exploited Tech's weakness with their running game and Hunter/Toston combo is miles better than any backs Nebraska put out there. Also, OSU hosts OU for Bedlam this year and OU's defense has shown itself to be pretty porous against some mediocre teams. Meanwhile, OSU's defense is getting better each week, holding UT to only 28 points last week.

The most likely scenario is that UT beats Tech and goes on to the NC. However, if they lose to Tech, I think that the Cowboys have the best shot among the 1 loss teams to win out the regular season. If they do win out the regular season, they'll have 3 wins against top 10 ranked opponents at the time they played them and a 4 point loss to UT in Austin. Also, their loss will be the furthest back in the season, which should give them the tiebreaker for division champs.

Regardless of what happens, I think it's safe to say the Big 12 South is easily the best division in college football.

Faelar

I hope somebody besides myself is watching Appalachian State vs. Wofford tonight. It's on espn2. These teams are at the top of their conference and all of FCS. Either one of these teams could take on the lower half of the top division. I'm a little biased since I actually went to App State for a short time, but tonight is one of the few times since I actually wish I was back in Boone.

Plus its always nice to watch teams playing for an actual national championship.

[quote name='TheHoundRules' post='1571803' date='Oct 29 2008, 18.05']Sounds a lot like what I heard before last years game. I am not so sure I understand the superior coach thing. Both are good. Meyer, superior????????

H von T - Good luck. I am bringing a box of tissues for Tebow so he is prepared during the post game news conference. I am sure he will start crying about how the loss hurts so much. :)[/quote]

Georgia is one of the most penalized teams in football, a sign of poor coaching, and Florida has a great defense to match up against a banged up Georgia offense. Urban Meyer always wins the big games, Florida will win and cover the spread, I am literally betting on it.

Archived