NBA

Commodore

[quote name='add-on' post='1692551' date='Feb 19 2009, 14.09']ETA:

There's also some things troubling me about the deals the Bulls have made.

They've been sitting Larry Hughes for a couple months now because, 1) they wanted to develop younger talent, and Hughes wasn't in the franchise's plans for the future, and 2) because he was a bad locker room influence.

Now they bring in Salmons. 1) He's not all that much younger than Hughes. 2) He has a lot of the same attributes -- he can score, he's got some length at the 2, can play some 3, plays decent defense. 3) He's been known to become unruly when not given his minutes. In Chicago, there's just no way he's going to get the same number of minutes he was getting in Sacramento.

So did we just trade for a guy who's going to be the exact same headache we've been so anxious to rid ourselves of?

Then there's Tim Thomas. The last time he was in Chicago, the Bulls kicked him off the team for 'bad practice habits.' Another bad locker room guy. Surrounding Rose with bad locker room guys was something we were trying to avoid, I thought. I guess the thinking here is Thomas's past relationship with Vinny will make for a smoother stay in Chicago this go around.[/quote]
I am with you on this one I am sitting here looking over the two deals scratching my head saying WTF??
Salmons at this point is better than the constantly injured, underachieving Hughes though - a bit of an upgrade there but getting "Timmy I will play when I feel like it" back is bad news. You get one malcontent out of CHI in Hughes only to replace him with one that is worse. Not the kind of guy you want in what was once a relatively young locker room. I would file a restraining order against Thomas and tell him he is no way shape or form to have any contact with Rose other than in a timeout and even that would be limited to a single sentence. Wonder if he will show up for practices - LOL!!!
Way to go Paxon just when it looked like you were turning the corner....

[quote name='childe roland' post='1691481' date='Feb 18 2009, 18.27']farewell chris mihm[/quote]
does this mean LA thinks Bynum will be back this year?

Or are the Lakers just confident they'll go the distance with just three bigs on the roster?

Welp, that's it then.

Another trade deadline come and gone with no big blockbuster deals. Not surprised, but a bit disappointed.

Anyways, that was fun. Good job, team.

ETA: and Rafer Alston to the Magic in a three way deal rounds out the big fat sack of 'meh' that was the deadline.

[quote name='add-on' post='1692611' date='Feb 19 2009, 14.37']does this mean LA thinks Bynum will be back this year?

Or are the Lakers just confident they'll go the distance with just three bigs on the roster?[/quote]

i don't think it says much about bynum but i think they are all right with what they have w/o him. he never played much and they are more comitted to playing odom at the 4 with gasol than having two bigs like they did with bynum

Archived