The New NFL Thread

Young Wolf

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1591047' date='Nov 16 2008, 16.22']On the plus side, that was a sweet fucking cover.[/quote]

Holy shit, I wrote that post before the bizarre defensive TD. Good God. So sick.

It does seem to be another good performance by the Pittsburgh defence again through so maybe it was deserved.

Being semi following the game on the NFL webpage and the tracker for that play just grew longer by the second it was so funny, ended up as the following.

1-10 SD21 (:05) (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass short middle to L.Tomlinson to SD 24 for 3 yards. Lateral to C.Chambers to SD 26 for 2 yards (T.Polamalu). FUMBLES (T.Polamalu), RECOVERED by PIT-T.Polamalu at SD 12. T.Polamalu for 12 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Assistant challenged the backward pass ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) P.Rivers pass short middle to L.Tomlinson to SD 24 for 3 yards. Lateral to C.Chambers to SD 26 for 2 yards (T.Polamalu). FUMBLES (T.Polamalu), RECOVERED by PIT-T.Polamalu at SD 12. T.Polamalu for 12 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Penalty on SD, Illegal Forward Pass, declined.

Not very fun to be rooting for the Ravens today. But then, that wasn't very surprising - the Giants were supposed to beat us. I was just hoping it would be more respectable than that. I guess there's only so much you can do when you give up huge yardage on a blocked FG early in the game and have an unlucky tipped pass interception that was taken to the house later.

I remain convinced that our cornerback play is our biggest weakness, and I've been saying that since before our starters went on IR. Now that we're playing two backups it's even worse. Though, I'm not sure that we have ever been able to stop 10-15 yard passes. Then again, maybe nobody is very good at this and those plays just aren't called enough.

The vaunted run defense was trampled all over. Normally, I'd say that a good run defense will beat a good run offense, but I guess the Giants RB corps is made of sterner stuff than the Alexanders and Tomlinsons of the world - guys who rack up gaudy stats against terrible teams and seem to disappear from the game entirely when someone brings serious pressure. Either that or the Ravens just had an off day. We still preserved our streak of games without allowing a 100-yard rusher, but I think that's more a function of the G-men splitting the load amongst three guys than any other thing.

Still, we're 6-4 with a rookie starting as the QB and that's more games than we won all of last season. I'm staying on the Whacko for Flacco wagon.

Archived