MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567034' date='Oct 25 2008, 19.45']We still need a setting.

Any idea?*[/quote]Why would you need a setting when we have a penis monster and a goose already?
[quote]* any idea that doesn't end in an disgusting sex orgy?[/quote]Well, never mind.
Anyway, I am leaving for about 8 hours or so. Don't miss me and don't lynch me.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1567037' date='Oct 25 2008, 12.46']What?

Either you are lying, which is just, weird.
Or you are symping, but why when there are no symps?
Or a mod has given you, via PM, a CI. Why would they do that?

None of the above make sense.[/quote]

Because I am so cool. :cool:

SPOILER: or perhaps because
it's very easy to fake the existence or non-extistence of a PM, isn't it?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567046' date='Oct 25 2008, 13.53']Orkwood, do your seriously think that Goodbrother tried to fool us?

And if yes, my little teddy fetishist, what do you think that he tried to gain by this?[/quote]

In the overall scheme of things, it could be an innocent mistake or it could be an over compensating killer. Only time will tell. However, it has given me something to look back on later, depending on how his game goes.

In all honesty? If it was anything but early day 1 it wouldn't be enough to make me suspicious, but at this stage it's better than roleplaying, right?

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1567088' date='Oct 25 2008, 13.42']In the overall scheme of things, it could be an innocent mistake or it could be an over compensating killer. Only time will tell. However, it has given me something to look back on later, depending on how his game goes.

In all honesty? If it was anything but early day 1 it wouldn't be enough to make me suspicious, but at this stage it's better than roleplaying, right?[/quote]

But what would Goodbrother gain from being CI?

Hummm, can't roleplay cause there is no setting and I have no clue what my av looks like.
So I guess I be serious. :(

Goodbrother's first post looks genuine to me.

Orkwood,

[quote]So why would a RI have to point out a lack of role?[/quote]

I don't get what you mean. There are only RIs and SK, so claiming you are not a RI means you are a SK, right?

ETA: Oh, great! Just spot my av. :rolleyes:

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567100' date='Oct 25 2008, 15.00']I don't get what you mean. There are only RIs and SK, so claiming you are not a RI means you are a SK, right?[/quote]

The lack of quote information mixed with my laziness means I can't read it in context...

But even out of context, as you quoted, where the hell does that involve ME claiming that I'M not a RI?

I really can't follow where this argument is coming from. Clever strategy in theory, attacking the guy who makes the first attack. It makes you active early on, makes the guy he attacked (and you stood up for) your friend. There are no partners of any kind, so links aren't an issue regardless of guilt or lack there of...

The problem is that the attack was incredibly weak, wasn't even properly quoted to give context and reads not just between the lines, but rather creates entire paragraphs of it's own making.

9 out of 10 for the idea, 1 out of 10 for the execution I'm afraid.

ETA: missed your last post. Going to read it.

Re ETA: Read it. Seems like you misunderstood me. I'm not saying you are a SK because you are not claiming RI, I say I don't understand why it is surprising that anyone claims RI since the only other alternative is claiming SK.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567108' date='Oct 25 2008, 15.15']*Original message asking why that made me think he was a killer then*[/quote]

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1567088' date='Oct 25 2008, 14.42']In all honesty? If it was anything but early day 1 it wouldn't be enough to make me suspicious, but at this stage it's better than roleplaying, right?[/quote]

So, as i said, better than roleplaying, no? It might have been an early, low risk move intended to create a small amount of positive feeling. If it comes down to 3 people and you have to convince someone to vote for someone else rather than you, the smallest advantages, no matter how early, can count. Being so early and so ham fisted, it was a low risk, low reward shot if he is a killer. Nothing much to lose by throwing it out, and there's a tiny chance that it, combined with a good game, could help tip the balance at some future point.

But, as I clearly said above... In all honesty? If it was anything but early day 1 it wouldn't be enough to make me suspicious. At this point though, we have crumbs to go on, so we might as well use them crumbs?

I see where youre coming from. ETA: But I'm not suspicious of Goodbrother for that. Sounded genuine.

For my part, I'll put a vote on [b]Saltcliff[/b]. Something about him rubbing me the wrong way. Looks like he tries to brew up suspicions on everyone but not getting involved himself.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1567105' date='Oct 25 2008, 14.10']You'd have to be pretty naive to expect to be CIed on a throwaway comment at the start of day 1...[/quote]

Okay, perhaps you are right, probably I should change my wording.

Another try: you think that Goodbrother is suspicious for pointing out that he got no role PM, for he probably faked this to look more innocent. Right?

Or is there another reason why an SK would do something like that?

ETA: Damn, I should have read your last post, eh? :unsure:

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567119' date='Oct 25 2008, 14.26']I see where youre coming from. ETA: But I'm not suspicious of Goodbrother for that. Sounded genuine.

For my part, I'll put a vote on [b]Saltcliff[/b]. Something about him rubbing me the wrong way. Looks like he tries to brew up suspicions on everyone but not getting involved himself.[/quote]
Where did he suspect "everyone"?

The only thing that Salty sticked to in sense of suspicion so far was the "everyone who states that he got no PM might have probably gotten one".

[b]Vote Myre[/b] for now.

And then.

Archived