please help

Tobin

Things have been going good for me - been going out and doing stuff on my own: went to a local Art festival, finished furnishing my apartment, watched a movie with friends, worked on some of my own artwork, etc.
My Christmas decorations came out cute - but I still need a few more things I think. My theme is silver/black swirls, stars with white lights and velvet. Once I'm finished I'll see if I can post some pictures.

Heika and I have been doing really well - despite agreeing to stay away from each other, we've been talking and working through some issues that bothered us. I'm hopeful that things are going to continue to get better, but I am prepared for the event that they don't. I've got my life and he's got his - I won't let him drag me down.
Some of you will be angry that I've been talking to him, but I haven't cried or caved once.

He gave me a key to the new lock without being asking and shared with me his plans for finishing the renovations. I laughed: the paint he picked out was the color I had suggested when painting ideas came up a few years ago.

I had a bit of a scare on Tuesday, I had to go to the ER for some heart problems and got fitted with a monitor for 24hrs.
Heika checked me over and said that I could stay with him if I was worried about being alone, but I felt fine.
I'm doing better, but still having palpitations occassionally. My doctor was supposed to give me the results from the tests I took, but I still haven't heard from them.
My family has a genetic heart condition referred to as "Sudden Death". It's an electrical problem that causes the heart to beat out of sync - usually brought on by stress or caffeine. If the rhythm gets bad enough (sometimes racing, sometimes just beating hard) - the heart shuts off.
CPR with chest compressions wont bring us back - we have to get hit with a defib kit to reboot the heart's electrics.
We think that 4-5 of my relatives within 2 steps of me have died from it between the ages of 49-55. My sister already has an [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implantable_cardioverter-defibrillator"]ICD[/url] and mom takes medication for hers.

[quote name='Tobin' post='1620329' date='Dec 15 2008, 18.19']My doctor was supposed to give me the results from the tests I took, but I still haven't heard from them.[/quote]
Stayed out this thread so far, but-- [i]call your doctor.[/i] When were the results supposed to be back? You don't have to worry about being pushy, you just ask whoever answers the phone if your test results are in.

The heart issue sounds scary. Take care of yourself. It doesn't seem too surprising since you have been stressed, but it sounds like you are doing much better. I think you are finding yourself again and that is great. Keep it up.

And I will echo AG, call your doctor.

They asked me if I was suffering from stress or depression - "Oh yeah, you could say that."

Didn't help that my sister was there being irritating, :unsure: .
She made a big production about there was no "seperated" marker on the insurance form ("We're still legally married, just check that box." I had to get the nurse to back me up before she'd do it.) She giggled when they were stabbing me with needles then drank and ate in front of me while I starved.
She was useful in being able to tell the doctors what she had gone through for her heart problems. But she still made me almost regret asking her to drive me to the hospital, :angry: .

I'm sure she was just worried, but still - next time I'll threaten to call Heika to drive me if she doesn't behave.

The doctor's office is closed for lunch, so I'll have to call again later after my meetings.

• 3 weeks later...
Jekyll and Hyde - but otherwise ok.
Christmas dinner came out good - the glazed turkey tasted great, everyone wants the recipie.

Holidays bring out a lot of stress on their own, but on top of that - my niece was in a terrible car accident.
She came out of it with a bad concussion and a cracked pelvis, but her car was totalled. The guy ran a red light and T-boned her on the passenger side. He was going fast enough that the nose of his car was up to the driver's seat and would have surely killed her if it had been from the other side.
She's home now, but has to be supervised since she can't get around by herself without a walker or wheelchair for a while.
It was her first car, so she's depressed from losing her "baby". It could have been a lot worse.

I had some heart issues, but my tests all came back clean. I almost didn't get my echo-cardiogram since I got hit with a migraine about an hour before I got to the doctor's office.
I'm strapped with the heart monitor until the 28th of this month, so maybe they'll see what's wrong with me.
I had a really bad episode last night while at Target, but made it through ok. When I ran the monitor report, the tech said it was really garbled - so they might not have gotten a good reading while I was having trouble.
We'll see.

Archived