MAFIA 59

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Tully' post='1597190' date='Nov 21 2008, 21.52']They were nonsensical,
but then that's the fun :)
of early day one :P[/quote]
Fixed. "Fun" doesn't rhyme with " :P ", buddy. Get it right. :cheers:

Anyhow, on the Ashford incident, I don't think he's lying. No real reason to set up something like that and then lie about it. What's it gain him? Just because he got warged doesn't mean we're letting him off the hook for anything, after all.

Now I'm going to try to sleep. I'll be back in an hour or two if this sleeping thing doesn't work out.

Nope, this is mafia! You can trust no one, but yourself.

Seriously though, I do not see why he would lie about this, its really early in the game. Which is going to make him very suspicious, so I reckon he is probably not lying about his inability to control his vote, but obviously if it does not happen again, we know he was lying. Or is that what the FM's want us to think.

Ugh its early morning and already my brain hurts!

Edit: ugh crosspost

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1597187' date='Nov 22 2008, 05.44']I am somewhat confused by this Ashford incident.
[s]Piper won't [/s] Nobody would use "two players in one alt" trick [s]in so small setup[/s] ever,[/quote]Fixed.

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1597187' date='Nov 22 2008, 05.44']and warging of any sort is usually done by a player directly, not by mod.
Also, wasn't it Piper who said he won't use a warging role without notification anymore?
Simplest explanation is Ashford lied. What he would win from such a lie? Trust. It might be classic example of Swann defence.
Since I don't particularly suspect any other player, my vote says.[/quote]I don't recall Piper saying anything like that, so that doesn't really hold any water, nor does your idea of this being an example of the Swann defense. There just isn't the upside for Ashford to create this whole incident, I don't get how you think that is actually what could have happened. After rereading the rules:
[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1595176' date='Nov 20 2008, 15.26']Some of you have become manic killers with superpowers, the others have only superpowers.

Some powers might be active powers, some might be passive. Some of you know which powers they have, some don't.[/quote]My guess is the Ashford's "power" could be some sort of vote retaliation. Hm, I'm trying to think of what else makes sense...

Anyways, I don't really like [b]Clegane [/b]thus far. Their theory above seems like a weak attempt to give support to their vote and their posts from before have mostly been one liner votes that don't really do anything.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1597205' date='Nov 22 2008, 02.26']I don't recall Piper saying anything like that,[/quote]It was in Barbie game, where evil symp warged Pirate (Kat) and false revealed as one-shot finder. Kat was killed next night and never had a possibility to explain herself, so everybody was completely confused. After the game, the mod said he won't use warg role in later games without including it in the rules.
And I am quite sure it was Piper who modded Barbie game.

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1597210' date='Nov 22 2008, 07.52']It was in Barbie game, where evil symp warged Pirate (Kat) and false revealed as one-shot finder. Kat was killed next night and never had a possibility to explain herself, so everybody was completely confused. After the game, the mod said he won't use warg role in later games without including it in the rules.
And I am quite sure it was Piper who modded Barbie game.[/quote]First of all, that isn't classic warging. The classic warg role is simply changing someone else's vote, that was something altogether different. That role was called "Psycho Symp".

More importantly, nice job responding to the least important part of my post and offering nothing of any value whatsoever. My vote stands.

I guess I'd better weigh in on the Ashford/Shadow Ashford incident before I go to bed.

1. I don't think Ashford is making this up. Much easier to remove vote and go on with your life than lie about it.
2. If we are to believe what Ashford said about confirmation from Targ, then no other player can warg into him post for him.
3. The only person left to make these changes is Targ. Now why?

Swann was the third person to vote for Ashford.

Post 17 Tully (#1)
Post 26 Clegane (#2)
Post 27 Tully removes vote
Post 31 Swann (# 3)

Perhaps whoever lays vote 3 on Ashford gets a forced retaliatory vote via Targ. Even if one of the previous votes was removed. It couldn't be the second vote of an Ashford train because the forced vote would have been for Clegane. The only way to test this would be to have all Ashford votes removed and vote again and see what happens. However, chances are this may only apply once a day, so we'd have to wait until tomorrow to test this hypothesis.

Another option (which I like a little better) might be that Ashford is a kind of finder. Perhaps when a FM votes for him, he is forced to lay a retaliatory vote. If this is the case, of course Ashford wouldn't know about his power (I don't know what mine is.) To test this hypothesis, we'd need an FM to claim, then vote for him.... Since I doubt this will happen, we could try this: Swann should remove vote and vote again and see if the forced vote occurs again. This of course wouldn't be proof that Swann is a FM, but it would give some validity to this theory, or at the very least we will know there is a correlation between Swann and Ashford.

How about it Swann... will you remove vote and vote again?

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1597228' date='Nov 22 2008, 08.34']I guess I'd better weigh in on the Ashford/Shadow Ashford incident before I go to bed.

1. I don't think Ashford is making this up. Much easier to remove vote and go on with your life than lie about it.
2. If we are to believe what Ashford said about confirmation from Targ, then no other player can warg into him post for him.[/quote]Once again, forget about the books for a moment. Warging is simply casting a vote for another player. IIRC, the vote can't be changed, but I don't remember exactly, the role is not used often.

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1597228' date='Nov 22 2008, 08.34']3. The only person left to make these changes is Targ. Now why?

Swann was the third person to vote for Ashford.

Post 17 Tully (#1)
Post 26 Clegane (#2)
Post 27 Tully removes vote
Post 31 Swann (# 3)

Perhaps whoever lays vote 3 on Ashford gets a forced retaliatory vote via Targ.[/quote]This is pretty much what I was thinking in my post earlier. A little odd, hell why not though?

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1597228' date='Nov 22 2008, 08.34']Another option (which I like a little better) [snip][/quote]You get the award for the most absurd, crackpot idea about what people's unknown powers might be. Why the fuck would Piper make a role that could solve the game day 1?

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1597218' date='Nov 22 2008, 03.17']First of all, that isn't classic warging. The classic warg role is simply changing someone else's vote, that was something altogether different. That role was called "Psycho Symp".[/quote]As far as I remember, classic warging was done by mod telling a player he should vote on some particular player. Editing posts by mod isn't classic in any way.
[quote]More importantly, nice job responding to the least important part of my post and offering nothing of any value whatsoever.[/quote]If most important part was voting on me, I have nothing to answer. Yes, my contribution was very small, but, honestly, I don't see anybody who contributed more than me. What other reaction you expected?

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1597240' date='Nov 22 2008, 02.47']You get the award for the most absurd, crackpot idea about what people's unknown powers might be. Why the fuck would Piper make a role that could solve the game day 1?[/quote]
:)

Well. First, there would be no garuntee that a FM would vote for Ashford day one. Second, there is no rolelist (assuming that the original rolelist is moot) that would give us clues to lead us back to it being a finder role, so figuring it out would just be conjecture and we'd have no way of knowing if it were true or not. Third, we don't know if there is a CF. If there isn't a CF then even if we lynched a FM based on this, we'd have no idea if we really lynched a FM (and I can't see having a CF if this was true.)

Clearly this is just a theory, and what is day one for if not for absurd, crackpot ideas?

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1597250' date='Nov 22 2008, 08.58']As far as I remember, classic warging was done by mod telling a player he should vote on some particular player. Editing posts by mod isn't classic in any way.[/quote]Whatever, still irrelevant.
[quote name='House Clegane' post='1597250' date='Nov 22 2008, 08.58']If most important part was voting on me, I have nothing to answer. Yes, my contribution was very small, but, honestly, I don't see anybody who contributed more than me. What other reaction you expected?[/quote]Alright, well I'm glad you agree with my analysis then, that makes things much easier.

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1597253' date='Nov 22 2008, 09.01']Well. First, there would be no garuntee that a FM would vote for Ashford day one. Second, there is no rolelist (assuming that the original rolelist is moot) that would give us clues to lead us back to it being a finder role, so figuring it out would just be conjecture and we'd have no way of knowing if it were true or not.[/quote]Well, if there are two FM, and Ashford isn't one himelf, still seems a little too likely. I'm assuming the original rolelist is irrelevant as well, official clarification would be nice. Also, I didn't intend to call out your theory quite so angrily, I thought it was more humorous than anything. Just some OOC stuff that is having an effect on my tone. :/
[quote name='House Hunter' post='1597253' date='Nov 22 2008, 09.01']Third, we don't know if there is a CF. If there isn't a CF then even if we lynched a FM based on this, we'd have no idea if we really lynched a FM (and I can't see having a CF if this was true.)

Clearly this is just a theory, and what is day one for if not for absurd, crackpot ideas?[/quote]Targ could you clarify whether there is CF or not?

Your idea has more merit than I initially gave you credit for, however the first idea (revenge vote for the 3rd vote) passes KISS muster so I like it better :).

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1597229' date='Nov 22 2008, 07.38']Targ, I have a question. Does the original role list apply? If not, would you edit the original role list out? If it does, are there any additional roles than the ones listed?[/quote]

No, the original role list was for my original game where you would be in a great feasting hall with a warm fire down there in Summerhall instead of this rotting, stinking lab.

[b]Vote count:[/b]

It is day 1.

11 players remain: Ashford, Baelish, Cassel, Clegane, Dondarrion, Hunter, Kenning, Qorgyle, Swann, Tully, Yronwood.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Ashford (Clegane, Swann)
1 vote for Baelish (Hunter)
1 vote for Clegane (Kenning)
1 vote for Kenning (Yronwood)
1 vote for Qorgyle (Cassel)
1 vote for Tully (Qorgyle)

4 players have not voted: Ashford, Baelish, Dondarrion, Tully.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1597265' date='Nov 22 2008, 08.32']Yea or nay on CF? :)[/quote]
Now that I have my coffee I feel much better.

Now that confusion has left your Professor's mind, he took the time to actually look at his posts. This post here counts:

[quote]Special rules.

1) Days last 32 hours. Nights last 8 hours

2) There will be a weak CF (innocent or evil). If there are symps, they will show up innocent.

3) There will be no rolelist. Basically there could be three types of players:

FM, symps, innocents

These basic roles will be combined with extra-powers.

4) Not every player will know his power, but everybody has some.[/quote]

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1597228' date='Nov 22 2008, 02.34']Another option (which I like a little better) might be that Ashford is a kind of finder. Perhaps when a FM votes for him, he is forced to lay a retaliatory vote. If this is the case, of course Ashford wouldn't know about his power (I don't know what mine is.) To test this hypothesis, we'd need an FM to claim, then vote for him.... Since I doubt this will happen, we could try this: Swann should remove vote and vote again and see if the forced vote occurs again. This of course wouldn't be proof that Swann is a FM, but it would give some validity to this theory, or at the very least we will know there is a correlation between Swann and Ashford.

How about it Swann... will you remove vote and vote again?[/quote]

Sure thing, though I read Ashford' mind and I know that he's evil himself, so it doesn't make much sense. The problem is, it might have been someone else inside Ashford's mind...

Anyway, [b]remove vote[/b].

Archived