College Football

Gold Storm

Great early games today, Virginia and Miami going to overtime, Prude beat Michigan on a hook and ladder play, Northwestern beat Minnesota when the returned an interception for a TD with seconds left, and Michigan State won on last second FG.

I hope that the afternoon games are as good, I think Cal and Oregon will be a good game, also Texas and TT, and Florida and Georgia. A lot of great games today. I will be in rainy cold Corvallis watching the Beavers and Sun Devils play.

[quote name='Gold Storm' post='1574275' date='Nov 1 2008, 15.35']Great early games today, Virginia and Miami going to overtime, Prude beat Michigan on a hook and ladder play, Northwestern beat Minnesota when the returned an interception for a TD with seconds left, and Michigan State won on last second FG.

I hope that the afternoon games are as good, I think Cal and Oregon will be a good game, also Texas and TT, and Florida and Georgia. A lot of great games today. I will be in rainy cold Corvallis watching the Beavers and Sun Devils play.[/quote]

Dude, when Northwestern got that interception, I was jumping up and down in my living room whooping and screaming. Fuck yeah!!! I am completely baffled by our offensive playcalling in the 4th quarter. We need to march 80 yards and they have our QB run the ball on every play. I have no idea what the coaching staff is doing. We're using our backup QB, so maybe it was out of fear of throwing the ball.

Huge win. I'm thankful. I love college football.

[quote name='WarGalley' post='1574278' date='Nov 1 2008, 12.43']Dude, when Northwestern got that interception, I was jumping up and down in my living room whooping and screaming. Fuck yeah!!! I am completely baffled by our offensive playcalling in the 4th quarter. We need to march 80 yards and they have our QB run the ball on every play. I have no idea what the coaching staff is doing. We're using our backup QB, so maybe it was out of fear of throwing the ball.

Huge win. I'm thankful. I love college football.[/quote]

It was a great game between two teams doing a lot better than most people thought they would. I think Northwestern was playing a bit safe because they are playing their second string. That forth quarter was strange, both teams would make some long drives only to screw them up at the end.

Yea, IMO Florida should be above Oklahoma that was impressive.

I hope Texas Tech loses today. They played an abysmal string of ooc opponents in thier first 4 games. They basically gave themselves a 4-0 start and 4 weeks of game speed practice. Theyve got a pretty brutal stretch coming up though, so I guess they'll make up for it. Still, I just dont respect Eastern Washington, UMass, SMU, and Nevada as an ooc line-up. This is a put-up or shut up game, just like the Texas - Missouri game. Time to show you can roll with the big dogs or sit on the porch. Normally in a game like this that I don't have a stake in I'll pull for the underdog. However, for some reason TT is on my hate list.

Florida is the best team in the country imo. Meyer is going to dominate the SEC for a long time, like Spurrier did. They have superior athletes with superior speed on both sides of the ball, a Heisman QB, and a coach who always wins big games.

A Texas-Florida NCG would be something to see, but I'm guessing Penn State will sneak in there somehow, since the BCS loves the Big Ten.

But my guess is that Florida would demolish Penn State (based on PSU's mediocre performance against the Buckeyes).

Rankings tomorrow will either be Texas/Bama/PSU/UF/OU/USC/TT or Bama/TT/PSU/UF/OU/USC or UT/USC or UT. In my opinion the best team in the country is the Gators atm. Their defence is solid and their offence outstanding. Texas is good, but they're just the west coast offence with a below average defence. McCoy runs that offence well, but as we're seeing now it can be defended against.

Edit: Oops, forgot about OU.

Fucking Duck quarterbacks. Bah. And Bellotti - you have a mediocre QB and horrible weather conditions. Why the fuck are you passing the ball more than you're running it? BAH.

[quote]Kalbear - When you read this, eplain to me why the Ducks stuck with Masoli today. I know that he is a very good running QB and has a big arm but he can't pass for shit. He has absolutely no ability to see the field and make check downs, go through progressions, etc...Oregon could have won this game so many ways...If Masoli doesn't throw the terrible to the house pick right before half...if Byrd doesn't drop the punt...[/quote]Because Bellotti is a tool and isn't that good of a manager of games as a coach; he's never been. The main reason to stay with Masoli is because of his running threat. Let him hint at passing the ball to keep a defense honest, but otherwise he should be running it. Especially on a day like today.

Oregon gave this game away because they simply refused to take what Cal was giving them.

[quote name='S John' post='1574487' date='Nov 1 2008, 20.12']TT certainly looks hungrier, more fired up. A lot of teams can't stand up to being smacked in the mouth. The second half of this game will tell us a lot about Texas. I have faith in Colt McCoy, though.[/quote]

UT is pretty good at coming back from big deficits, but they might be running out of time in this one. Getting a TD here (end of the 3rd) would be huge for them.

The way TT is playing is making me feel a little less bad about last week.

And UT gets the TD.

Why did TT settle for that last FG? Harrell's previous 4 pass attempts looked like shit, but a 6 point lead doesn't mean anything in this game :dunno:

ETA: WOW, unbelievable last drive for the td... a goal post is down with 0:01 on the clock.

Archived