Holocaust survivors to Mormons: Stop baptisms of dead Jews

SwordoftheMorning

[quote name='Ken Stone' post='1694405' date='Feb 21 2009, 08.28']I hate to slippery slope this but, where does it end? Are we really trying to tell others what they can and cannot think in the privacy of their own temple? It is so frickin' ridiculous. When you actually do something to someone, I get it. That's not right. When you are dealing with private thoughts in private, you lose me.[/quote]
Private is it?

Yet funny isn't it how we know about it and the Jews have been offended by it. If it were truly private then we would not now be talking about it would we?

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1695434' date='Feb 21 2009, 23.29']Private is it?

Yet funny isn't it how we know about it and the Jews have been offended by it. If it were truly private then we would not now be talking about it would we?[/quote]

There is a difference between secret and private.

Edited for clarification.

I know you masterbate and could sit her and discuss it. Does that mean when you rub one off later in the privacy of your own home it is not done in private?

Ken Stone,

[quote name='Ken Stone' post='1695839' date='Feb 22 2009, 13.53']There is a difference between secret and private.

Edited for clarification.

I know you masterbate and could sit her and discuss it. Does that mean when you rub one off later in the privacy of your own home it is not done in private?[/quote]

Sort of. Your knowledge of it permits you to be offended by it -- it is public in sufficient quantity for that purpose. Public or private is not an all or nothing proposition.

Archived