Life is magical and full of joy

Padraig

But it is a HUGE hurdle that is now overcome.
With some of the actors and locations decided, it will be easier to shoot further episodes.
And it means we will almost definitely se at least one episode. I´ts hard to describe how excited I am about that.

Rome was great. But the series is done by the same network, not the same people.
Different actors and a different instructor means more, i believe, than that it happens to be doen by HBO. But of course the network lay out the general lines.

Actually, if HBO does not give the full series order, the pilot will almost certainly never be seen. HBO does not air pilots for series it passes on. It would have to leak, which I suppose is not impossible, but HBO has been pretty tight.

Me too. At the very least, we will certainly get a look at production stills or something to see what it might look like, I expect, and we can always hope for me.

It's not like the odds are bad. 11 shows, at least 6 are likely to be picked up, so odds are at minimum 50-50, all else being equal ... and since they aren't, and I'm sure Benioff and Weiss will knock everyone's socks off, I figure the odds are more like 85-15. ;)

*knocks on wood*

Yipee!!! :D

How do we arm twist the people at HBO to let us appear as extras? I don't mind travelling to Eastern Europe or where ever to become third mud splattered peasant on the left. Perhaps we could have a competition?

Great news in a boring, rainy November.

Yes, the odds are positive right now. :) And as Ran said, the producers are very good, GRRM is excited and aSoIaF is a great story. Those are all nice signs that this will get somewhere.

We've come a long way already.

I wonder when we'll hear about locations etc. :) And production stills! Wow. :P

[quote name='Blue Roses' post='1586123' date='Nov 12 2008, 13.55']How do we arm twist the people at HBO to let us appear as extras? I don't mind travelling to Eastern Europe or where ever to become third mud splattered peasant on the left. Perhaps we could have a competition?[/quote]

Same here. I wouldn't mind doing this at all.. to be an extra in this would be incredible.

This is just - to quote an another brilliant HBO-series, The Wire - unbe-f**ing-lievable. :) I am in a happy delirium since I've read the news. It's just made not only my day, but probably the rest of this year for me.

I have to say, HBO disappointed me recently many times, with the directions they took, with their new series (Tell Me You Love Me was okay, and True Blood is mostly good, but that's it) and with some bad decisions (dumping Preacher, for instance, and with the reason that it's too dark, violent and provocative - all of which defined HBO before). I already thought that the "golden age" of HBO is gone with Deadwood, Wire, Six Feet Under, Carnivále, and of course Rome, but now my faith is totally back. Of course, this is still just the pilot, only one step, but as Maester Joergensen said, a huge step. I am very, very optimistic right now.

And, if anything, HBO was always more than brilliant with castings.

I hope they find some beautiful locations in Eastern Europe... in close proximity to where I live. :D

[quote]HBO has given the production order.

They will be filming the pilot episode of A GAME OF THRONES.

It's just the pilot so far. They'll need to see that before they decide whether to proceed with a full season's episodes. So let's all hope the pilot will kick serious ass.

It should. David Benioff and Dan Weiss did a terrific job with the script. And yes, all of you can relax, it's very faithful. Dan and David will be the executive producers for the pilot and (we hope) the eventual series.

More details when I have 'em. The news is very fresh. HBO just issued their own press release, which should be up on their website soon, if it's not there already.

Winter is coming to HBO. Hot damn.[/quote]

This from Martin's Not a Blog if people are wondering where the great news is coming from this morning. So F..king happy.

A good way to start the day.

I'm going to have to put my casting thinking-cap on now for those threads. Gotta think, who is either not quite a big enough star that they will be too expensive, or who hasn't been working a lot lately - or hasn't had good work to do - and maybe would be amenable to doing a high quality HBO series to get their career back on track again.

Archived