Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar the Unbeliever

Rhaegar should have been 23-24 at the time of his death and even younger in the Year of False Spring and the tourney in Harrenhal. Most of the actors suggested are way too old to play him. I might see Pettyfer (as somebody suggested before) pulling it off, though, he has this brooding vibe, he's pretty enough and about the right age.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, seeing how they up-aged everyone else by about 5-10 years (as well as making the kids older by 3-4 years) a late-20s Rhaegar isn't pushing the envelope THAT much. I also say Alexander Skarsgard.

Jason Isaacs 15 years ago would've been a fine choice too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I vote Charlie Hunnam. I don't know how many of you watch Sons of Anarchy, but Jax Teller and Rhaegar are actually somewhat similar characters. They're both sort of an idealized "warrior-poet" type. And Hunnam is a great actor. I think he could kill it as Rhaegar.

Not that I think Rhaegar will ever be in the show....... :frown5:

Alexander Skarsgård is way to famous actor to be playing such a minor role. The most we will ever see of Rhaegar would be though some minor Jaime or Barristan flashback, which would only last a few minutes. They wouldn't pay Skarsgård for such a small appearance.

Alexander Skarsgård is way to famous actor to be playing such a minor role. The most we will ever see of Rhaegar would be though some minor Jaime or Barristan flashback, which would only last a few minutes. They wouldn't pay Skarsgård for such a small appearance.

I don't think Rhaegar's a minor role. I mean, it's a cameo, but the ROLE is very, very important. :) He's not just Littlefinger's whore #4, so it'd need to be someone striking, memorable.

Skarsgard is too old. He is about ten years older than Rhaegar was at the end of the war. I would hope that if they cast cameos for the rebellion, they would at least try to keep all the actors around their early twenties, like Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke. And if they cast Lyanna at least close to her actual age, like they did for Sansa/Sophie Turner, many of the choices people have listed would turn creepy fast.

Archived