Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar the Unbeliever

I've always been a Charlie Hunnam advocate for Rhaegar, but I wonder now if he might be too old -- similar argument against Skarsgard. I think that Alex Pettyfer might be a better incarnation.

• 4 weeks later...

the same guy who played viserys should play rhaegar. daenerys during her house of the undying trip she had a vision of a guy she initially mistook for viserys but the eyes were darker so she realised it was rhaegar so that suggests that those two really looked alike aside from two small details: eye colour and sanity.

actually, Viserys' Harry Lloyd looks A LOT like Tom Hiddleston, Thor/Avengers' Loki. so that's another possibility, and he's not too old (1981). :)

as for me, ok so eventually i realized that Orlando Bloom (don't blame me for jumping on that bandwagon! it was the medieval garb+long blonde/silver hair as Legolas that did it!) might be too old for the mid-20's role (he's 35 for goodness' sake!) so i tried to think of others and out of the blue Matthias Schweighöfer came to mind.

the more i look at him, the more i'm convinced that he is perfect for Rhaegar. his eyes, his expression have an inherent brooding sadness in them and while his smile is charming you still feel like you want to give him a hug every time.

it doesn't help that i saw pictures of him reading a book lol or that he has played a tragic role as The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen). funny cos he acted opposite Lena Headey in that one :)

he's just the right age i think (born in 1981, same as Loki!) and even if he's 30 now, his looks, soft features say otherwise and could easily pass off as someone younger! plus points for being a not too famous, obscure but decent actor, naturally blonde hair. and don't worry about him not being fluent in English because he speaks the language very well.

actually, Viserys' Harry Lloyd looks A LOT like Tom Hiddleston, Thor/Avengers' Loki. so that's another possibility, and he's not too old (1981). :)

as for me, ok so eventually i realized that Orlando Bloom (don't blame me for jumping on that bandwagon! it was the medieval garb+long blonde/silver hair as Legolas that did it!) might be too old for the mid-20's role (he's 35 for goodness' sake!) so i tried to think of others and out of the blue Matthias Schweighöfer came to mind.

the more i look at him, the more i'm convinced that he is perfect for Rhaegar. his eyes, his expression have an inherent brooding sadness in them and while his smile is charming you still feel like you want to give him a hug every time.

it doesn't help that i saw pictures of him reading a book lol or that he has played a tragic role as The Red Baron (Manfred von Richthofen). funny cos he acted opposite Lena Headey in that one :)

he's just the right age i think (born in 1981, same as Loki!) and even if he's 30 now, his looks, soft features say otherwise and could easily pass off as someone younger! plus points for being a not too famous, obscure but decent actor, naturally blonde hair. and don't worry about him not being fluent in English because he speaks the language very well.

He doesn't look like Rhaegar to me... Not handsome enough, I guess.. He'd bee a good Young Griff, though.

i think he's attractive enough that he can actually pass off as a woman sometimes. anyway, it's nothing a little makeup can't candle. the important thing is in the vibe he gives off with his general shy/gentle demeanor, and he's a very promising young European actor. plus he'd be too old for Young Griff.

Jason Isaacs 15 years ago would've been a fine choice too.

Have always imagined him as a younger version of Jason. He can pull the silver-blond wig look effortlessly (Lucius anyone? :lol:), indigo eyes, charisma, talent and that hard and yet vulnerable touch he manages to give his personas. Alas tempus fugit :frown5:

Aw after the HotU fiasko I do hope we'll still get a glimpse of Rhaegar in Meera's tale... A girl can still hope :unsure:

I totally agree that Bruce Campbell needs to be involved, though obviously/probably in a minor role.

How about Bruce Campbell for Brown Ben Plumm.

Alexander Skarsgård is way to famous actor to be playing such a minor role. The most we will ever see of Rhaegar would be though some minor Jaime or Barristan flashback, which would only last a few minutes. They wouldn't pay Skarsgård for such a small appearance.

Hey dont count him out cus of that. His dads a famous actor but he always tries to make some B films aswell as those big projects. Alexander might very well be a fan of the show and be delighted to take part in it. You never know.

i think he's attractive enough that he can actually pass off as a woman sometimes. anyway, it's nothing a little makeup can't candle. the important thing is in the vibe he gives off with his general shy/gentle demeanor, and he's a very promising young European actor. plus he'd be too old for Young Griff.

You must remember that Young Griff will be aged up considerably in the show though. The character is a similar age to Robb, Jon and Dany, who are all played by 25~ year-olds.

Archived