Rhaegar Targaryen

Rhaegar the Unbeliever

What about Alexander Skarsgard? He's already an HBO regular and Rhaegar might be an option since a second season of True Blood likely counts him out as a series regular.

I mean c'mon...he was Sexiest Man in Sweden 1999! :P

Wow. He totally works for me as Rhaegar.

Michael Fassbender as pretty much anyone, really. Just put him in! (Actually he would work for me as a Jaime too, although I am really enjoying NCW in S2).

Viggo Mortensen, in his long-haired, Aragornish performance.

I always had a feeling that GRRM used Aragorn as inspiration for Rhaegar. And I always imagine Rhaegar as same as Aragorn

"Give me a silver/blonde wig, I can pull it off." LOL With that reasoning my youngest son could pull it off as well--he has long naturally whitish-blonde hair. :) Seriously, I stick by my opinion of Harry Lloyd playing R if the role comes up. I also like the Chris Hemsworth suggestion, but he is too mainstream to even consider GoT.

Alexander Skarsgård for The Prince of Dragonstone! Put some long hair on that man and he can play the sad Rhaegar Targaryen.

LOVE me some ASkars, but hmm, he's kind of busy being Eric Northman right now. :)

Assuming any Rhaegar appearance will be a short cameo and flashbacky, he doesn't have to be played by a big name or academy-award caliber actor. How about Eoin Macken http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2151126/ (he's so, so pretty)?

i don't believe this. remember the guy who i'm so convinced is the perfect Rhaegar? the German guy? well, apparently he can PLAY the piano, and SING too!

here he is collab-ing with a German artist, performing a haunting, sad and beautiful song:

definitely shows that he has an ear for music, and looking at the calm yet melancholic expression on his face, i could only think of one thing... there you are my sweet Silver Prince! :bawl:

really, i hope you audition if they're casting this Targaryen role, Matthias Schweighöfer...

EDIT: wow there's

which is actually a scene from a movie where he plays the piano solo and sings

I don't watch True Blood so I guess Alexander Skarsgard falls flat for me :wacko: I know they're aging the characters in the show, but still... Viggo Mortensen? He's like... 50?!

We need a different version of Harry Lloyd, he was really great. What about... Max Irons? He isn't exactly what I imaged but I think he could pull it off. Though he could be Young Griff/Aegon as well. I think Jensen Ackles would have been a great Rhaegar....10 years ago :( With silver hair and purple eyes? Perfect.

How about this nameless guy cosplaying for Sephiroth?

http://browse.devian...hiroth#/d227f6s

It can't be that hard to find a decent, "pretty" actor with a drop of charisma. Some entirely new face . . .

I approve of nameless guy!

really, i hope you audition if they're casting this Targaryen role, Matthias Schweighöfer...

He's not bad... but he seems a bit too young? Like... too sweet and young. Rhaegar strikes me as someone who is serious and somewhat more... refined. A bit like this drawing of Aerion.

Meh, we've all imagined him differently anyway... just as long as they don't make a horrible choice, like Jaime... it still pains me...

EDIT: I don't mind Ben Barnes... anywhere... anytime. Haha

I still think Harry Lloyd could pull it off. R and V are supposed to look very similar and Harry would look a lot different if he didn't have a crazy expression on his face all the time. Also, he could wear coloured contact lenses too.

I know people hated Jamie Campbell Bower in Camelot, but he's certainly got the Rhaegar looks plus he sings:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3857625600/nm2570429

Also, he was the original Royce who got beheaded in the Season 1 Prologue pilot so D&D already know him. Perhaps they're saving him for Young Griff later since he had the Camelot committments when they were filming Season 1.

I actually got to like him more as Camelot went on...and he brings the pretty.

He's not bad... but he seems a bit too young? Like... too sweet and young. Rhaegar strikes me as someone who is serious and somewhat more... refined. A bit like this drawing of Aerion.

trust me, he can do serious ;) and refined, well his first(?) major English role is The Red Baron, an aristocrat and tragic hero, opposite Lena Headey (in dark hair) too. he's as old as Ben Barnes actually, both of which are a little older than Harry Lloyd. speaking of Barnes, he's not that bad a choice either :)

Archived