Hello from Benioff and Weiss

David and Dan

Damn those teases. :)

We should sit very hard on our hands for a few days and not post anything in the threads about GRRM's hints and this one. Maybe that'll make them spill some actual news. :P

Sandor's not a knight. George mentioned Ser Rodrik as one of a number of minor roles that were yet to be cast, so he seems pretty likely, or perhaps one of the Kingsguard accompanying Robert, Boros or Meryn.

I wonder if they have the forethought to cast the two Kingsguard knights that flank King Robert upon his arrival at Winterfell.

From the script: A huge man [KING ROBERT] approaches, flanked by knights in snow-white cloaks.

From what I recall, they weren't even named in the book, right? Yet until Selmy gets dismissed, we know the Kingsguard serves for life... so just two "random knights" popping up in the pilot and then disappearing the rest of the season (assuming it gets picked up) might be a little odd for the more discerning eyes.

Then again, two thick, deep, white cloak hoods could solve that too.

He's not mentioned. I could be remembering incorrectly, but don't we meet Barristan for the first time as the royal party and Starks are travelling down to King's Landing? He shows up with Renly and Ilyn Payne, and Sansa tries to guess who they all are. If he was at Winterfell during the feast and all, surely she'd already know?

He's not mentioned. I could be remembering incorrectly, but don't we meet Barristan for the first time as the royal party and Starks are travelling down to King's Landing? He shows up with Renly and Ilyn Payne, and Sansa tries to guess who they all are. If he was at Winterfell during the feast and all, surely she'd already know?

That would be correct. Robert only bring two knights of the kingsguard north. If I remember correctly Robert didn´t want to burden Ned with to many mouths to feed, so Barristan and Renly meat up with Roberts party at the Darry castle.

I just wanted to flash my new user name. I lay claim to the south east.

I have to imagine that there would have been more than just 3 total Kingsguard going north with them if the whole family is there. Five sounds more likely, with two to hold down the fort (literally) back home.