Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

[quote name='Shadowbaby' post='1604567' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.47']I didn't bother with that my first game. I just bulldozed through and pretended I knew what was going on. Mind you, I lost.[/quote]

Better than my first game. Was it you and WhiskeyJack I ended up getting into a huge Day 1 fight with before being duly hung? After quoting sympathy for the devil lyrics, despite being RI? :D

[quote name='mentat' post='1604824' date='Dec 2 2008, 01.42']And what are the chances I'd be guilty three times in a row?[/quote]Well, about 30%.
If you really understand theory of probabilities, you should know your chance of being guilty in this game is quite independent from whether you were guilty in previous games or not.
But, well, we really need a Grandison to explain this... :)

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1604696' date='Dec 1 2008, 17.14']A WJ that isn't going to try and run the game? Guilty, guilty, guilty![/quote]

Like he doesn't run the game when he's evil!

A killer trying to lynch WJ on day 1 to free up his NK? Way to make your joke post slightly more serious!

Not that it'd stand as anything but a joke vote still, but, y'know...

[quote name='Harlot' post='1604832' date='Dec 2 2008, 01.46']Ouch. That hurts Malc. What was that Piper said about looking for a reason to vote for someone? :rolleyes:[/quote]
Dunno.
Perhaps, I should vote randomly... Last time I voted randomly, nobody wanted to lynch me because of that, but nobody wanted to follow me also. Though that Merryweather person appeared to be guilty as hell, in the engame.
But I still can't count how many players we have here.

Right, the riddle... That i'll have to sit down with some graph paper, an abacus, two supercomputers and a cheat sheet and sort out later.

Of course, what's to say I wasn't hiding out here all along, working out the puzzle, PMing my answer in and then re-appearing hours later to bamboozle the killers?

Okay. My inability to see a live game of Mafia I'm involved in and not post. I guess that's what. :-(

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1604868' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.06']So is WhiskeyJack meant to be the number one mafia player?

I don't know where the gift shop is.[/quote]

Lets just say that if Mafia Players were bridgeburners, he'd be... well... WhiskeyJack.

If that means nothing to you, go buy Gardens of the Moon and Memories of Ice. Once you've read them both cover to cover at least three times you are allowed to partake in civilized discussion again. :-)

[quote name='Masonity' post='1604844' date='Dec 1 2008, 13.53']Better than my first game. Was it you and WhiskeyJack I ended up getting into a huge Day 1 fight with before being duly hung? After quoting sympathy for the devil lyrics, despite being RI? :D[/quote]

:blush: that would be me. when quoting the Stones, it is best to stick to "Brown Sugar" :leer:

[quote name='Masonity' post='1604874' date='Dec 1 2008, 21.09']Lets just say that if Mafia Players were bridgeburners, he'd be... well... WhiskeyJack.

If that means nothing to you, go buy Gardens of the Moon and Memories of Ice. Once you've read them both cover to cover at least three times you are allowed to partake in civilized discussion again. :-)[/quote]

You do me a great unkindness. I've obviously read both multiple times.

With this game being altless I thought it may help to know the perceived rankings of established players, as I'm pretty sure some people will be basing their choices on what they already know of other people.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1604884' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.13']You do me a great unkindness. I've obviously read both multiple times.

With this game being altless I thought it may help to know the perceived rankings of established players, as I'm pretty sure some people will be basing their choices on what they already know of other people.[/quote]

I am ranked #7 in the entire world...but really, I have no clue why. :lol:

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1604868' date='Dec 2 2008, 02.06']So is WhiskeyJack meant to be the number one mafia player?[/quote]He is.
If he is inno, he wins always.
If he is guilty, I keep saying everybody that he is guilty, but nobody ever listens to me, so he wins also.
Unless I don't alt-guess him, in these cases he wins even without a need to ignore me.
:)

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1604877' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.09']:blush: that would be me. when quoting the Stones, it is best to stick to "Brown Sugar" :leer:[/quote]

I said it then and I'll say it again... It's the only damn song I know the lyrics too :-(

[quote name='Masonity' post='1604874' date='Dec 1 2008, 21.09']Lets just say that if Mafia Players were bridgeburners, he'd be... well... WhiskeyJack.

If that means nothing to you, go buy Gardens of the Moon and Memories of Ice. Once you've read them both cover to cover at least three times you are allowed to partake in civilized discussion again. :-)[/quote]

I second this! :P

Now where did Kallor get too?

[quote name='TheMalcolm' post='1604889' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.15']He is.
If he is inno, he wins always.
If he is guilty, I keep saying everybody that he is guilty, but nobody ever listens to me, so he wins also.
Unless I don't alt-guess him, in these cases he wins even without a need to ignore me.
:)[/quote]

this sounds so familar....

[quote name='TheMalcolm' post='1604848' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.54']Well, about 30%.
If you really understand theory of probabilities, you should know your chance of being guilty in this game is quite independent from whether you were guilty in previous games or not.
But, well, we really need a Grandison to explain this... :)[/quote]

Nonsense, it is a well known fact (and if you know anything about theory of probability you should know this) that things that happen in the past have less probabilities of happening again in the future, while things that haven't happened (at least not for a while) are more likely to pass in the future (if at all possible). It is known as the "originality postulate", and was formulated by professor Von Kauffmann in 1879.

Kauffmann later went on to create the probability continuum theory, which states that if you dissociate sheer chance or randomness from real life the result is a fallacy that is only useful for mathematical purposes. To quote the man himself: "The chances of a coin coming up heads or tails are only 50% if it's a fictitious coin thrown by a fictitious man in a fictitious universe. Real coins show consistency, or patterns. It's the reason professional gamblers can study a roulette for days before placing a bet. True randomness is only useful as an abstract mathematical concept, thorough observation of the non-abstract world always leads to consistency. To a repeating pattern."

[quote name='Masonity' post='1604844' date='Dec 1 2008, 12.53']Better than my first game. Was it you and WhiskeyJack I ended up getting into a huge Day 1 fight with before being duly hung? After quoting sympathy for the devil lyrics, despite being RI? :D[/quote]

Yeah, I think I was involved in that too. :P

[quote name='Masonity' post='1604874' date='Dec 1 2008, 13.09']Lets just say that if Mafia Players were bridgeburners, he'd be... well... WhiskeyJack.[/quote]

I like you, Masonity. In fact, you've earned yourself one authentic [i]GET OUT OF LYNCH[/i] card. You may play it at any time during the game, and by doing so, you'll prevent me from voting for you for one whole game day. Use it wisely!

Archived