Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

[quote name='Tsoert' post='1604989' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.02']Possums = eeeeevil [b]Awesome possum[/b][/quote]

[quote name='Harlot' post='1605034' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.24']I'm not bitching at you. I don't know you so I'm trying to get you talking. [u]Your vote on Possum looks serious[/u] so I am trying to understand why you want him lynched.[/quote]

Really? That vote looked serious to you? Why?

[quote name='Harlot' post='1605034' date='Dec 1 2008, 20.24']I'm not bitching at you. I don't know you so I'm trying to get you talking. Your vote on Possum looks serious so I am trying to understand why you want him lynched. The only other player I am looking askance at currently is Lany so I wanted your opinion of her. Again, trying to get you talking. Your relutance to share your reasons for adding to a vote train make you look suspicious. Even n00bs can be FM.[/quote]

Well it sounded bitchy *sulk* :P

A real reason? There isn't one really, though the fact that his name lacks capitals is quite suspicious, almost like he wants to stand out from the crowd......

I'm not talking as much as I would like yes, but there's not that much I can do about that unfortunately. I'll talk as much as possible

[quote name='Harlot' post='1605040' date='Dec 1 2008, 22.28']This thread is looking more like Literature than Gen Chat actually....[/quote]

What does Mafia look like normally then?

People trying to get other people lynched for trying to get other people lynched?

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605038' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.28']Really? That vote looked serious to you? Why?[/quote]

Possum already had one joke vote, but there was no joke context for Tsoert's vote.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1605052' date='Dec 1 2008, 20.33']What does Mafia look like normally then?

People trying to get other people lynched for trying to get other people lynched?[/quote]

Well, we prefer to lynch the guy trying to get someone lynched for trying to get someone else lynched. They are the suspicious ones! ;)

[quote name='J_Slr' post='1605022' date='Dec 1 2008, 13.17']Aw! Are you feeling a little bit of pressure? Trying to deflect?[/quote]

Pressure from what? Two votes joke votes? Yeah, I'm shaking in my awesome little boots.

If anyone should feel pressure, it should be the infiltrator. You yourself admitted you were here not for the love of Martin's great series but for this game.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1605028' date='Dec 1 2008, 13.21']Clearly the possum feels that his Erickson (sic) faux pas needs to be quickly overlooked?[/quote]

Was the misspelling the faux pas or was it my opinion that he sucks?

[quote name='Harlot' post='1605053' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.34']Possum already had one joke vote, but there was no joke context for Tsoert's vote.[/quote]

One joke vote doesn't bar future joke votes, as far as I know.

And the 'reason' he gave was "Possums = eeeeevil". Really not sure how anybody could count that as a serious vote.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605067' date='Dec 1 2008, 20.39']One joke vote doesn't bar future joke votes, as far as I know.

And the 'reason' he gave was "Possums = eeeeevil". Really not sure how anybody could count that as a serious vote.[/quote]

Unless it was documented fact that possums were evil anyway

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605067' date='Dec 1 2008, 22.39']One joke vote doesn't bar future joke votes, as far as I know.

And the 'reason' he gave was "Possums = eeeeevil". Really not sure how anybody could count that as a serious vote.[/quote]

I would say that the additional eeee signifies strength of feeling rather than flippancy.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605045' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.30']Lynching noobs is one of my favorite hobbies. :pirate:[/quote]That's why I said [i]most [/i]of us.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1605052' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.33']What does Mafia look like normally then?

People trying to get other people lynched for trying to get other people lynched?[/quote]Gotta start somehow doesn't it? This has begun a bit sloppier than most because of the lack of alts IMO.

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1605057' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.35']Pressure from what? Two votes joke votes? Yeah, I'm shaking in my awesome little boots.

If anyone should feel pressure, it should be the infiltrator. You yourself admitted you were here not for the love of Martin's great series but for this game.[/quote]Such bravado in the face of a couple votes and then moving suspicion off to someone else because...they haven't read Martin? Maybe 3 will garner a bit more attention, although I don't it. Worth a try though, [b]awesome possum[/b].

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1605072' date='Dec 1 2008, 20.41']I would say that the additional eeee signifies strength of feeling rather than flippancy.[/quote]

[b]The Man Who[/b] clearly hasn't realised that it's him or Tsoert yet...

We have to lynch A newbie today... it's part of the initiation. The only question is which one.

If you want to redeem yourself, give me a twenty line essay on why Tsoert should go, and a follow up on why WJ is clearly his partner, defending him like that...

Extra credit for working vote analysis in.

[quote name='Masonity' post='1605075' date='Dec 1 2008, 22.44'][b]The Man Who[/b] clearly hasn't realised that it's him or Tsoert yet...

We have to lynch A newbie today... it's part of the initiation. The only question is which one.

If you want to redeem yourself, give me a twenty line essay on why Tsoert should go, and a follow up on why WJ is clearly his partner, defending him like that...

Extra credit for working vote analysis in.[/quote]

I do not seek redemption, only vengeance, and not having to do anything I don't feel like doing. 20 lines? 20 too much.

This sounds all very studenty, essays and credits and whatnots. You may not be a student, but a lecturer.

And why is WJ thrown in there? Seems slightly out of place, no?

[quote name='Masonity' post='1605075' date='Dec 1 2008, 21.44']We have to lynch A newbie today... it's part of the initiation. The only question is which one.[/quote]

I suggest asking both them about why they chose their board names. Whoever gives the most amusing answer lives to die another day.

So get started. The Man Who what? What the hell is a Tsoert?

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1605080' date='Dec 1 2008, 20.49']I do not seek redemption, only vengeance, and not having to do anything I don't feel like doing. 20 lines? 20 too much.

This sounds all very studenty, essays and credits and whatnots. You may not be a student, but a lecturer.

And why is WJ thrown in there? Seems slightly out of place, no?[/quote]

So not only do you refuse to attack your rival, but defend the man who defended him.

It's okay everyone, I have this game solved. WJ is a killer. to balance things, TMW and Tsoert are his co-killers. :cheers:

[quote name='mentat' post='1605081' date='Dec 1 2008, 20.50']I suggest asking both them about why they chose their board names. Whoever gives the most amusing answer lives to die another day.

So get started. The Man Who what? What the hell is a Tsoert?[/quote]

My first board name was Starkedystark - obviously very 1950s dance hall esque

Tsoert is a mis-spelling of Tsort from the discworld

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605074' date='Dec 1 2008, 12.42']Such bravado in the face of a couple votes and then moving suspicion off to someone else because...they haven't read Martin? Maybe 3 will garner a bit more attention, although I don't it. Worth a try though, [b]awesome possum[/b].[/quote]

If I were trying to move suspicion off I would have placed a vote. I didn't place a vote because I was joking and didn't even deem it worthy of a joke vote.

So now I've got three votes against me and you know what? Still not concerned. It will suck being lynched on the first day, but since I'm a roleless innocent I know I'm expendable right now.

[quote name='Masonity' post='1605087' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.53']So not only do you refuse to attack your rival, but defend the man who defended him.

It's okay everyone, I have this game solved. WJ is a killer. to balance things, TMW and Tsoert are his co-killers. :cheers:[/quote]

If I was FM and stuck with 2 newbs as my partners, I'd willingly lynch them both on the first couple of days, just to make myself look better. Then I'd beat you all by myself, and brag about it in the spoilers. Greater challenge = greater glory.

Archived