Excellent Computer Game

Merentha

Yes it is all hack and slash though the way its done just gives you so much freedom, but its utterly sublime at the same time, im steadily losing my life to this!!!

If you unlock the whole game you can advance past the level 6 boundary for your character which opens it up dramtically.

You basically ride around with a party of advenures that you recruit and pay wages, they gain levels as they fight. When you visit a town you can either gets a mission off the Lord of that town, or help out the merchant by doing something for them!!!

And no theres no online play yet.

Its that simple, theres no bullshit or silly missions. Its just simple effortess fun!!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!

There are also a number of fantastic mods that open gameplay up. I recently tried the Hundred Years War mod and the Last Days Mod (based on Tolkien). Both amplify the storyline compared to the basic game.

While it is hack and slash, it's very much based in realism instead of typical videogame's cut-through-a-thousand-enemies crap. No magic or monsters (except that LOTR mod); no healing potions; no ridiculous magic swords ala Diablo.

The feeling you get as you charge on your horse into a line of archers, crouching behind your shield, and then leaning down and slashing them with your sabre as you ride by is incredible. Yes, it's basically a combat game, but it's damn good combat.

A new version got updated today, one which includes rudimentary seiges and garrisons. It also features superior tactical control. Anyone wanting to play who has not yet gotten the game, now is a good time to start. Actually, in a week is probably better, when the bugfix patch for the new version arrives.

• 3 weeks later...
^ What he said. If you try and fight 5 or 6 enemies alone you'll die. Hell, unless you're much better equipped than the enemy, 3 could probably take you out.

That depends on the enemy. I've never had trouble defeating river pirate bands by myself.

I'm so busy with the Last Days mod I haven't downloaded the update yet. I'll probably wait until I've played my way through the mod, and the bug-free patch. Storming castle walls does sound fun, though.

Oh shit where has my life gone!!!!!

This game is too damm good, i've been playing on the Pirate module, HAH!!! how good is that, you can even get a parrot on your shoulder, and fire musket balls at point blank range right into a pirates forehead !!!

HEAD SHOT

50 Damage

... all with a glorious puff of smoke, and then your standing around furiuosly loading more shot and powder, fecking brilliant!!

Plus the mod has vastly improved the normal version!!!

Yes! anyone who hasn't buy it now, while its under a tenner to do so!

I got the free trial yesterday @ 1 pm. By 4 pm, I was buying it, as I had maxed out my 6 levels. It's up to 14.00 now, but whatever, it's worth every penny...I am blown away by the effect mounted mobility grants you in melee: Suddenly you can take on a group of people by yourself...@ 6th level I killed 9 river pirates in 1 encounter, and wasn't hurt...in the next, the Sea Raiders killed my horse early (well-placed crossbow shot) and 3 of them cut me to shreds.

Way fun

Real question: who's the wiz kid who's gonna whip us up a ASoIaF mod?

Pretty pleese.

I wanna be Randyll Tarly!!!!

The mods are all free. You just need to buy the game itself. :)

There's some exceptionally cool mods, like the "Last Days" Lord of the Rings mod which actually has a strategic game worked in.

Last I checked, two different ASoIaF mods were in the works.

:cry: One was dying, and I had to quit the other, as I simply do not have the time to learn python and make a mod now. So, there is one that might be possibly working somewhere, but mine, is, alas, dead until the summer, where I shall revisit it.

For good mods, the Last Days is easily the best one that is currently released, while two good mods to watch for are the Lombard Leagues and the Onin No Ran.

I am spending an insane percentage of my life playing this right now, particularly the Last Days mod, which looks even better in .731 with some new graphical updates on the Rohirrim and Gondorians. The creator that mod is quite engaged in the forums and clearly planning on further expansions that will include elves in a limited role and much more map (going North from Rohan and Isengard). Sounds good.

An ASOIAF mod would be fantabulous but I haven't the talent or temperment to create it myself. I'm sorry to hear the prior attempts have fallen by the wayside.

There is a HYW mod but the last version was for M&B .711, and you probably have .731, the most recent version. I don't know how long it will be until the next HYW update, but there is a thread on it in the TaleWorlds.com forum "Mod Discussion".

Until that mod is updated, try Last Days. Compusively addictive.

I just checked both threads. Wait to get the Last Days til tomorrow or the day after, as he is about to post another update.

The Hundred Years War mod, sadly, will likely be a while til it gets updated to the current version of the game, as their coder is not available at the moment.

I just checked both threads. Wait to get the Last Days til tomorrow or the day after, as he is about to post another update.

The Hundred Years War mod, sadly, will likely be a while til it gets updated to the current version of the game, as their coder is not available at the moment.

Shit! I was looking forward to that one. Beware if you update you can't play with existing characters, you can export pre existing ones to other mods though. It makes it slightly annying to have to start all over again due to the constant updating, at least i think that's the norm.

:cry: Farewell sweet level 32 warrior, we shall meet again.

The last days mod is exceptionally good, I can't see what needs updating, hmm .. im gonna go kill some more orcs.

Archived