Excellent Computer Game

Merentha

Sort of. Some updates do not require re-creation. It depends on whether there are code changes or not, as is apparently pretty close to random. :unsure:

YOu could use the new character importer/exporter to keep your character, then use cheats to get your army and equipment back. I'm certainly planning to get my 47 ranger (Yeah, he's fucking awesome, and I am sooo close to winning the game with him. I am definitely keeping the current version til I win.) and my 28 rider. I refuse to play evil til orc faces can be applied to the player (though I played a Haradrim once)

• 5 weeks later...

It might be quite a while til it gets updated to v.731...

On a nice note, a graphics update, as well as a full update, appears to be in the works. Also, in the Last Days mod, trolls are almost done and implemented. Wargs, unfortunately, remain out of the question, at least until the full game is updated.

:cry: One was dying, and I had to quit the other, as I simply do not have the time to learn python and make a mod now. So, there is one that might be possibly working somewhere, but mine, is, alas, dead until the summer, where I shall revisit it.

Merentha, I'm a software developer in the games industry, and I've been working in Python, pretty much exclusively, for over 6 months now. I'd love to help out with a mod for a song of ice and fire, if you'd like the help.

Unfortunately, I couldn't guarantee that I could dedicate the time to it, but I'd like to try.

I haven't tried Mount&Blade yet, I'm only just downloading. Do boarders here recommend the stable version or the newer one?

The newer version is perfectly stable. It has been out for a few months, and there are rumors and speculations that another update might be soon. Ser Paddy, that is wonderful news. I will get back to you on the subject on saturday, when I get back from a camping trip.

:wideeyed:

Edit: And yet another new version is up, v.750. I have not tested it yet, as I just got back.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update to this? I've been playing Mount and Blade since I came across this thread and I'm very pleased. I've just been playing with Storymod but, hell, it hadn't gotten old yet.

Work on my end? None. My time management skills leave a lot to be desired, and I am afraid a glut of tests, projects, and the school play has quite overwhelmed me. Sorry all.

Any update to this? I've been playing Mount and Blade since I came across this thread and I'm very pleased. I've just been playing with Storymod but, hell, it hadn't gotten old yet.

Storymod is incredible, the ending is such a pulse pounding one ....... wonderfully crafted.

Work on my end? None. My time management skills leave a lot to be desired, and I am afraid a glut of tests, projects, and the school play has quite overwhelmed me. Sorry all.

No need to feel sorry, don't whatever you do, feel under pressure to do anything. There are plenty of people with lots of time on their hands, let them do something about it.

I'm still addicted to the pirate mod :P Bloody Spanish needs their asses kicking!

Okay, some more news. For my computer science class (those of you in chat early in the morning know that I do nothing in there) , I have decided to use a mod as my final project for the year. That gives me 1.5 hours every other day to work on this mod, so, I might. Once I get administrator's access on the school computer (by Thursday), I can start mucking around in the files. We'll see what happens, and I will report my progress after the first class.

• 2 weeks later...

Merentha,

Your time management skillz sound like my own, however mine are so bad that I haven't even had time to play the bloody game yet!

I dont know if you still want a hand, but like I said, I work in python and the games industry and I'd be interested in helping.

Getting myself the time to help is another story completely.

I would be very interested, once I actually look through the files and see how and what I need. It is also quite a hassle working through the public school system to get python installed on the computer, as well as the forms I need to fill out for administrative access, which is needed to alter program files.

Still, I'm game.

Edit: Paddy, I can get the basic conversions, like troop types, done. What I would look for help on would be more complex things like triggers and the quest system. Also, I envision a mod where maintaining an army would actually be difficult, and your income would largely depend on your land. A big part, then, would be control of your fief, something requiring a lot of custom scripts.

• 5 weeks later...

I never noticed being so slow in either the travelmap or battles that it bothered me. Sure a low-level character on foot or any character on a slow horse does have a hard time getting around but that's when you're catching your breath from the intense battle anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

*sigh* Alas, no. I looked at the python script, and while I could probably throw together a graphics mod, the level of scripting that I envision is currently out of my reach. Winter (the most versed in python on that board) is a GRRM fan, as are the two most well-known modellers. That said, once Winter finishes his Craftmod and Storymod mk2, he might be willing to start something.

What is currently stopping the graphics mod is that I have no talent with photoshop, so I cannot create any good textures. I'm hoping to co-opt some of the Lord of the Rings mod, if Winter or Ancientwanker ever decide to do a grrm mod.

• 1 month later...

Archived