Calendar - Signed with Invisible Ink?

Given

Sweet. Good to hear you reveived the package Ben :)

Les D

Glad to hear he answered someone. I have written him 6-7 times, about my calendar. I have not so much as got a reply from him. much less the calendar I paid for.

Happy for you though.

• 1 month later...

Almost one year after I ordered and paid for my calendar and only after 2/3 of 2009 have passed I finally got my variant cover calendar. It's far too late to shout hooray, but at least I got the d*** thing.

Things got in motion after Ernst Dabel contacted me in May. I was promised that they'd sent another package, but guess what, nothing happened ...

So I complained again in July. This time it was Ernst Dabel sr. who answered. He told me again, they'd sent the package (after requesting to send my adddress for the sixth or seventh time) and they also informed me a few days later that they've sent the parcel via UPS and that it should arrive in 2 or 3 weeks, and now, a wonder, it finally arrived. They sent me the ordered variant cover and one standard edition as well, together with two comic books.

I can't say, that I'm satisfied, after months of waiting, all those emails, all those complaints, and all what went wrong, but at least I can close down this file, do not worry any longer and enjoy the artwork.

So maybe this gives hope to all others, who still wait on their calendars (if there are any), especially those overseas. Don't stop insisting.

• 3 weeks later...
So maybe this gives hope to all others, who still wait on their calendars (if there are any), especially those overseas. Don't stop insisting.

Yes, there's still others. I'm still waiting, and I've received no reply from Ernst so far. But I'm very glad you've finally received what you purchased. And DB haven't heard the last from me.

Col.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, there's still others. I'm still waiting, and I've received no reply from Ernst so far. But I'm very glad you've finally received what you purchased. And DB haven't heard the last from me.

Col.

It is awful, they will not even reply to the emails.

Hi Morningsword. I got your email and will get a new package out for you today. Thanks.

Les D

Thanks for the response here Les, I haven't checked this thread since the beginning of June so I missed it.

Unfortunately, I haven't received the new package yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone still left without a calendar that they'd paid for? Or anyone who's pre-paid for any comics (such as the Eye of the World and New Spring Wheel of Time ones) that hasn't received them?

The reason I ask is that there is growing speculation over the fate of Dabel Bros. after all of their forthcoming titles were abruptly cancelled by the distributors and their official forums went down. People who have paid money for goods not received may wish to consult their credit card companies to find out if or how they can get their money back if the company is indeed in dire straits.

Any word from anyone at Dabel to confirm or deny that the company is in trouble would be appreciated under these circumstances.

Archived