Calendar - Signed with Invisible Ink?

Given

Well, after Wolfheart got an email with a tracking number from Les Dabel, I emailed him as well. Hopefully I will get a response from someone this time.

I'll bitch to Paypal if I have to, but I *do* just want my damn calendar. I'm not asking for much :P

[quote name='wasabihime' post='1641293' date='Jan 8 2009, 01.34']Well, after Wolfheart got an email with a tracking number from Les Dabel, I emailed him as well. Hopefully I will get a response from someone this time.

I'll bitch to Paypal if I have to, but I *do* just want my damn calendar. I'm not asking for much :P[/quote]

Hi wasabihime, if you emailed me I will get back to you. Trust me when you do get your Calendar you are going to love it :)

Thanks.

Les D
[email protected]

Hey folks, just thought I'd mention for those of you fretting about the signature. Every one of our Longclaws comes with a COA signed by GRRM. We even have 100 extra signed just in case some get lost. :thumbsup:

And oh, I do have my calendar already (got one from George) and remember when you get yours to turn to January and look at that lovely sword. ;)

[quote name='Valyrian-Steel' post='1641908' date='Jan 8 2009, 15.31']Hey folks, just thought I'd mention for those of you fretting about the signature. Every one of our Longclaws comes with a COA signed by GRRM. We even have 100 extra signed just in case some get lost. :thumbsup:

And oh, I do have my calendar already (got one from George) and remember when you get yours to turn to January and look at that lovely sword. ;)[/quote]

lol :thumbsup:

if i ever recieve my calendar, or prints, i'll do just that... and then look on my wall where my limited edition longclaw already hangs my good man.

Dabel could learn ALOT from you about customer service. I've seen how you have been responding to any problems that came up with the sword shipment, always supplying tracking numbers and contacting those who ordered. and when the shippers screwed up, you were honest and up front about the delays and let everyone know. THAT is what Dabel should have done from the start. it's sad they have nice things, I honestly don't know if I can ever order anything from them again after this.

[quote name='Robb of Winterfell' post='1642029' date='Jan 8 2009, 17.08']lol :thumbsup:

if i ever recieve my calendar, or prints, i'll do just that... and then look on my wall where my limited edition longclaw already hangs my good man.

Dabel could learn ALOT from you about customer service. I've seen how you have been responding to any problems that came up with the sword shipment, always supplying tracking numbers and contacting those who ordered. and when the shippers screwed up, you were honest and up front about the delays and let everyone know. THAT is what Dabel should have done from the start. it's sad they have nice things, I honestly don't know if I can ever order anything from them again after this.[/quote]

Hi Robb unfortunately some things you have no control over even if you have the perfect plan in place but we are trying to make sure everyone receive their orders. Have you emailed me? If not please do at [email protected] Thanks.

Les D

[quote name='ldabel' post='1642266' date='Jan 8 2009, 20.44']Hi Robb unfortunately some things you have no control over even if you have the perfect plan in place but we are trying to make sure everyone receive their orders. Have you emailed me? If not please do at [email protected] Thanks.

Les D[/quote]

les, please respond to my emails, about 6 by now, i ordered in august , still nothing.... :(

[quote name='Valyrian-Steel' post='1641908' date='Jan 8 2009, 13.31']Hey folks, just thought I'd mention for those of you fretting about the signature. Every one of our Longclaws comes with a COA signed by GRRM. We even have 100 extra signed just in case some get lost. :thumbsup:

And oh, I do have my calendar already (got one from George) and remember when you get yours to turn to January and look at that lovely sword. ;)[/quote]

by the way Val-Steel.....every time i glance at my wall with longclaw on it, it brings a smile to my face..... :thumbsup:

[quote name='ldabel' post='1642266' date='Jan 8 2009, 22.44']Hi Robb unfortunately some things you have no control over even if you have the perfect plan in place but we are trying to make sure everyone receive their orders. Have you emailed me? If not please do at [email protected] Thanks.

Les D[/quote]

yeah Les, i have. I'll do it again too if this little dance actually results in you getting the hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise you owe me shipped to me.

you have no control over, sure. the weather, late artists, fucked up shipping. i agree. plans fail. I get that.

here's what you DO have control over. what information your company shares with it's customers. your businessness hiring and staffing policies. how serious you are about customer service. you have your nice shiny website that up until recently had no data on it about the calendar fuck up. now it does. that's nice. little late if you ask me, but you probably have an excuse about that too which you won't share with the people who keep you in business.

so i am sure the calendar issue is considered resolved now, which is fine. hopefully i get the ones I ordered in the next week or so. still haven't heard anything about my prints though.

pardon me for sounding like a dick here, but i run my own business, so i am familar with customer service issues, vendor fuck ups, and the unexpected things that happen the push plans back. But I totally disagree with how your company has handled this. your customers have no reliable way of contacting you, and if they do, you have no staff who can contact them back to resolve thier issue. i don't care if you are selling widgets or prostitutes, that's not how you do it. and this isn't a one-time week long issue that you have finally stepped in to resolve. this has been going on for at least 4 months and probably alot longer. i'd say that's a good indication that these issues either don't matter to you, or you have no idea what you're doing. maybe i'm way off... but i'll never know because your company doesn't share information about what's going on so i guess we'll never know.

[quote name='Robb of Winterfell' post='1642430' date='Jan 9 2009, 05.48']yeah Les, i have. I'll do it again too if this little dance actually results in you getting the hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise you owe me shipped to me.

you have no control over, sure. the weather, late artists, fucked up shipping. i agree. plans fail. I get that.

here's what you DO have control over. what information your company shares with it's customers. your businessness hiring and staffing policies. how serious you are about customer service. you have your nice shiny website that up until recently had no data on it about the calendar fuck up. now it does. that's nice. little late if you ask me, but you probably have an excuse about that too which you won't share with the people who keep you in business.

so i am sure the calendar issue is considered resolved now, which is fine. hopefully i get the ones I ordered in the next week or so. still haven't heard anything about my prints though.

pardon me for sounding like a dick here, but i run my own business, so i am familar with customer service issues, vendor fuck ups, and the unexpected things that happen the push plans back. But I totally disagree with how your company has handled this. your customers have no reliable way of contacting you, and if they do, you have no staff who can contact them back to resolve thier issue. i don't care if you are selling widgets or prostitutes, that's not how you do it. and this isn't a one-time week long issue that you have finally stepped in to resolve. this has been going on for at least 4 months and probably alot longer. i'd say that's a good indication that these issues either don't matter to you, or you have no idea what you're doing. maybe i'm way off... but i'll never know because your company doesn't share information about what's going on so i guess we'll never know.[/quote]

Do I have your order number? I can look up your account for you. I am here to make sure everyone receives their orders.

We do have a lot to learn my friend and we are willing to learn them to improve. Thanks for the feedback.

Les D

The Dabels have been getting a lot of criticism and rightly so. I will say that my experience has been positive this time and in the past. I hope everything works out for those who havent received their stuff yet as the products are excellent and worth the wait.

[quote name='Bird of the Canals' post='1642489' date='Jan 9 2009, 08.12']Hi Les, I sent an e-mail too (I'm the guy living in Japan). Please reply! Order number is Yhst-33197693649953[/quote]

Hi Bird of Canals. I will keep an eye out for it. I love JAPAN even though I've never been there yet. Hopefully after I make everyone on the boards happy I can take a trip there ;)

Les D

[quote name='McCloskey' post='1642549' date='Jan 9 2009, 09.09']The Dabels have been getting a lot of criticism and rightly so. I will say that my experience has been positive this time and in the past. I hope everything works out for those who havent received their stuff yet as the products are excellent and worth the wait.[/quote]

Thanks McCloskey, you made my day :)

Les D

[quote name='ldabel' post='1642640' date='Jan 9 2009, 07.54']Thanks McCloskey, you made my day :)

Les D[/quote]

I ordered the Calendar from the Dabel website on December 22nd, and I received my copy two days ago (Thursday the 8th.) This was my first experience dealing with the company, but I have nothing to complain about. I received my calendar, and a nice little letter explaining that I'll also be receiving a package of other assorted niceties come March. The Calendar was a gift for my father, and both he and I couldn't be happier.

I look forward to your future projects in relation to A Song of Ice and Fire.

I found this forum thread through Dabel's store forums, and it looks like ldabel posted more on here than his own company's board. I'm not going to rant and rave and get crazy about this, so I'm going to keep it simple.

I want my stuff.

That's all. I spent $113.34 with Dabel, three orders for two prints and a signed calendar. Its been four months, and I've sent the emails. I didn't even get a freebie calendar like the FAQ said. I have nothing. Now, I didn't buy the calendar to plan my year. I bought it for the novelty of having a signed piece of artwork, but if I AM getting it in March, whats the point? That's a wasted two months.

I also don't understand how orders placed in December take priority over the orders placed in August. All I want is what I paid for, and then you'll never hear from me again after that.

[quote name='CommanderSpencer' post='1644588' date='Jan 11 2009, 09.41']I found this forum thread through Dabel's store forums, and it looks like ldabel posted more on here than his own company's board. I'm not going to rant and rave and get crazy about this, so I'm going to keep it simple.

I want my stuff.

That's all. I spent $113.34 with Dabel, three orders for two prints and a signed calendar. Its been four months, and I've sent the emails. I didn't even get a freebie calendar like the FAQ said. I have nothing. Now, I didn't buy the calendar to plan my year. I bought it for the novelty of having a signed piece of artwork, but if I AM getting it in March, whats the point? That's a wasted two months.

I also don't understand how orders placed in December take priority over the orders placed in August. All I want is what I paid for, and then you'll never hear from me again after that.[/quote]

I'm in exactly the same boat: two prints and one signed calendar ordered and nothing's arrived yet. I've e-mailed and gotten no response.

I paid for my Longclaw a while back, but I have no problem with still waiting because Valyrian Steel has been keeping people informed. I haven't heard a peep out of Dabel Brothers, even after e-mailing them, and the only information I get is what I'm directed to from these forums. They don't even e-mail those with outstanding orders to let them know there's an update on their site; you're just supposed to find it yourself! This is about on par with the service I expect from Hewlett Packard (they're at the bottom of my black list).

[quote name='Daralys' post='1645355' date='Jan 11 2009, 23.11']I'm in exactly the same boat: two prints and one signed calendar ordered and nothing's arrived yet. I've e-mailed and gotten no response.

I paid for my Longclaw a while back, but I have no problem with still waiting because Valyrian Steel has been keeping people informed. I haven't heard a peep out of Dabel Brothers, even after e-mailing them, and the only information I get is what I'm directed to from these forums. They don't even e-mail those with outstanding orders to let them know there's an update on their site; you're just supposed to find it yourself! This is about on par with the service I expect from Hewlett Packard (they're at the bottom of my black list).[/quote]

I messaged les on these boards and got a personal response. mabe you should try that also. :dunno:

Archived