Calendar - Signed with Invisible Ink?

Given

[quote name='Krafus' post='1658121' date='Jan 22 2009, 11.00']Lucky you. I'd happy to receive the one unsigned calendar I ordered, or even to get an answer to the email I sent Monday. :([/quote]

I received a response through these forums via private message from ldabel. In it he said he would personally send out (another) calendar to me (because I never received the original he sent out?) and included a tracking number. It came in a week later.

Just chipping in with a 'still haven't received my calendar'. Maybe I'm being hasty, maybe it's coming seamail, it's just that I really want it. :unsure:

Don't worry Les if you're reading this, I'm not going to harass you for a while yet ... mmm let's see, I might give it to the end of next week. That's more than reasonable, even for these websites that say it can take up to 16 days, in my experience it never usually takes more than 5.

Although on checking my email again, the actual wording is this [quote]I've gone ahead and requested another one to be sent out for you. Thanks.[/quote] which doesn't actually say it's been sent. Hmmmmm.

GRRM has [url="http://grrm.livejournal.com/68702.html"]just posted an entry[/url] on his LJ addressing some of the problems. Sounds like he's gotten involved personally to try and resolve the issues, although as he says there's a limit to what he can do.

I thought that was a great response from GRRM. Clearly very much fed up with all this shit and stating it in no uncertain terms. And he's 100% right on one other thing, he certainly should not be getting embroiled in all of this but now that he has been involved by many people sending him e-mails ( apparantly by the hundreds) he can't turn a blind eye to it. I wish he would do just that though. This should be solved by the Dabels and by them alone.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1670187' date='Feb 1 2009, 15.20']GRRM has [url="http://grrm.livejournal.com/68702.html"]just posted an entry[/url] on his LJ addressing some of the problems. Sounds like he's gotten involved personally to try and resolve the issues, although as he says there's a limit to what he can do.[/quote]

I was a little surprised by his reaction to the problem a while ago but now he seems to have jumped on board to try and help. Someone posted an older L.J. post he made and it was much different than this new one. I am sure he is so fed up with this crap. It really is not his problem its D.B., they screwed up, not him. I am really glad to see that he is jumping on them now. I guess I wont be buying a "Ice and Fire" calendar for a few years though.

I really hope you guys finally do get what you paid for. I almost bought this and the prints but we were starting to run low on money and I had to pass. In a crazy way I guess that turned out to be a good thing for me. Go figure.

I also got my first response email ever today.

"Hi Andrew. I will look in to it for you. Thanks."

He was probably answering emails all day rather than processing orders, but at least their attention has been put solidly on fulfilling months-old orders and not the other projects that Les has mentioned in the past.

What a farce. George keeps chosing the worst business associates.

I live in Europe, I ordered my calendar in August and guess what? It's February and no trace of the calendar in my mailbox. I've sent three e-mails to Les Dabel, two with "URGENT" in the heading, as advised on the DB website and still no response.
I'm not even sure if/how I can take legal action from the other side of the Atlantic. Guess I'll have to look that up.

I ordered my calendar back in August and still haven't received anything. I did get an e-mail response after posting on the boards here saying that my order had been shipped, but three weeks later I still haven't received anything so I'm kind of doubting that was true.

I had also ordered through Amazon to see if I could get a calendar [i]somehow[/i], but today got the following e-mail from Amazon:

[quote]Hello from Amazon.com.

We are sorry to report that we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

George R.R. Martin, Michael Komarck "A Song of Ice and Fire 2009
Calendar"
[url="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0977933334"]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0977933334[/url]

Though we had expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found that it is not available from any of our sources at this time. We realize this is disappointing news to hear, and we apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

We must also apologize for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.

We have cancelled this item from your order.

While this item is not available directly from Amazon.com, you may be able to purchase it from one of the many other sellers with product listings on Amazon.com. Please click on the link above to visit the product detail page. If the item is available from a third-party seller, you will see a "Used & new" link on the product detail page that will provide a list of merchants currently selling the item.

Note: If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service; if we determine that you should still receive the offer, we'll reimburse you for the value of the promotional discount. Please note that this will not apply if all items in the order were cancelled.

For more details about the status of this order, please visit "Your Account"[/quote]

I don't even know what to do any more. I've waited, I've paid, I've waited, I've e-mailed, I've waited, and it's now February and nothing's come despite promises that it would and payment having been given 6 months ago. :(

According to the Dabels, the forms they were told to fill for customs was wrong, and basically everything they shipped overseas ended up being returned.

Check [url="http://grrm.livejournal.com/69596.html"]here[/url] for more information. Try and send a fresh e-mail to them. Derek Ruiz at DB Pro shared some info [url="http://grrm.livejournal.com/68702.html?thread=5143390#t5143390"]here[/url], and even refers to problems with Amazon.

[quote name='Ran' post='1677998' date='Feb 7 2009, 02.36']...and even refers to problems with Amazon.[/quote]

I too receieved an email from Amazon saying they will not be able to obtain the calendar and that my order was cancelled (by Amazon, I was willing to wait).

Archived