Board really slow

Slick Mongoose

Same problem here.

Say, I think you said once that long threads with over 400 posts could make the board unstable, and there this R+L=J sticky in Book General with 760+ posts.

This is the first time I've been able to get on the board since about 6:30 this morninging. It is now 10:30. I kept getting IPS driver error. Clicking "here" didn't help at all.

Something went horribly wrong with the Linux kernel on this server, and it was eating 90% of the machine's physical RAM. MySQL couldn't remain running reliably. The kernel's been upgraded, PHP's been tweaked, and the server rebooted. Life should now be better.

Same problem here.

Say, I think you said once that long threads with over 400 posts could make the board unstable, and there this R+L=J sticky in Book General with 760+ posts.

Bollocks, I missed this. Unstickied and closed.

It might be my imagination but the board immediately started loading a bit faster after that. Probably coincidence.

Something went horribly wrong with the Linux kernel on this server, and it was eating 90% of the machine's physical RAM. MySQL couldn't remain running reliably. The kernel's been upgraded, PHP's been tweaked, and the server rebooted. Life should now be better.

Thanks, Sparks. :)

Yags - I haven't had that problem since Sparks did the kernel upgrade. Never tried clearing the cookies; the board just came back on its own eventually. :dunno:

Generally we go with 400 posts, except the Forum Games thread, where it's 1000 posts. I believe standard display is 20 posts per page, so 20 and 50 pages respectively.

Nope. Cleared cache, switched browsers, blew out cookies and temp files and everything. Same behaviour on two different computers. Obviously I'm logged in now, but that's because I loaded up this thread before I logged in, then logged-in in a different window, then switched back here and clicked "reply".

When I try to go to asoiaf.westeros.org, or any thread or any section, I still get the IPS driver error.

Archived