World of Warcraft

GoN

Sounds like you'd be right in considering stabbing him in the face.

Honestly, there's a couple of people I do raid with who I wouldn't if I had real alternatives. Ok, one is in and staying in due to RL stuff; she's mediocre at best, but generally just incapable of damage rather than wiping the raid directly, and she sort of comes with one of our healers whenever she's on. There's another guy who does good damage but just makes us want to hurt him... he knows he's on thin ice and might get gkicked permanently, so he gets a bit more time. (If we considered ourselves a raiding guild rather than a bunch of friends who want to see some more content I'm sure we'd do some serious recruiting.)

I just live through a frogger hit without assistance. I know people who encourage rezzing the fails at the start of frogger rather than the end, and I can imagine a raid stripping off, suiciding, and then having the paladin bubble and run through to rez. I wouldn't want to go anywhere near that raid, though.

While I was running around Blade's Edge getting my DK to 70, most of the guild was in Naxx 25, apparently repeatedly wiping to Gluth. Also not getting any loot. They were not pleased, obviously. Even less pleased at loot going to people in the raid group they dislike and consider incompetent, let alone at the way it sounded like the raid leader was announcing a new discovery when he said "When Gluth eats the zombies he regains health!"

I think I'll do a little Tundra; I want Death Knight's Anguish from Thassarian's quests, and then hop over to Fjord to clear that out and try out tanking UK.

[quote name='Ghost of Nymeria' post='1647020' date='Jan 13 2009, 08.04']Grapedrink!1!! The fuck. There is only one Grapedrink wow character and that is GRAPESODA. The nerve of these people.

I miss Grapesoda. I might reroll her as a DK..[/quote]

I thought about naming my hunter's Monkey GrapeApe, but then I thought better ;).

GrapeApe! :lol:

[quote name='RaceBannon42' post='1647017' date='Jan 13 2009, 15.58']C'mon you can fish up coins in the fountain! There are achievements for it. :P[/quote]

I have 2 of those 3 achievements and am only 1 Gold coin off the third..... :leaving:

[quote name='Greywolf2375' post='1647034' date='Jan 13 2009, 09.22']So what is the level of leniency guild leaders and RL's have for bringing someone into their raid after prior poor behavior? I had someone I invited to 3 raids - once he backed out less than an hour before the raid to run someone through BRD on the same toon he would have been in the raid with, one he blew off the raid completely and one he (DPS warrior) DC'd after a boss dropped 2 cloth items as loot and insulted everyone in the raid by saying he wasn't allowed to choose to roll or not on the items (we have an ML so it wasn't just need/greed). Can't remember now what order they were in...

Am I right in not even considering to bring this person along?[/quote]

There's no way I'd let that guy in a raid - I'd tell him: "Sorry, you weren't interested in joining the raid before and when you were here - you were unreliable. Get a better connection and raid ethic, maybe we'll talk."

I always feel like a burden to my guild since I'm at the bottom of the DPS charts all the time - but every time I try to duck out for someone better, they won't let me go, :( .
I'm greatful, but I still feel bad when we fall just short of dropping a boss because I can't compare in DPS.
I'm working on my rotation and upgrading pieces when I can - so that and the new patch should help quite a bit.

[quote name='Greywolf2375' post='1647034' date='Jan 13 2009, 06.22']So what is the level of leniency guild leaders and RL's have for bringing someone into their raid after prior poor behavior? I had someone I invited to 3 raids - once he backed out less than an hour before the raid to run someone through BRD on the same toon he would have been in the raid with, one he blew off the raid completely and one he (DPS warrior) DC'd after a boss dropped 2 cloth items as loot and insulted everyone in the raid by saying he wasn't allowed to choose to roll or not on the items (we have an ML so it wasn't just need/greed). Can't remember now what order they were in...

Am I right in not even considering to bring this person along?[/quote]

You are definitely correct in not bringing him along, speaking as a lenient former gm. The guy is a jerk and is not to be relied upon. He also makes you look bad even though you are trying to be nice.

[quote name='cerigwen' post='1647090' date='Jan 13 2009, 17.37']You are definitely correct in not bringing him along, speaking as a lenient former gm. The guy is a jerk and is not to be relied upon. He also makes you look bad even though you are trying to be nice.[/quote]

You have to wonder what he wanted to do with the cloth armour as well. RP in Silvermoon?

[quote name='Lyanna Stark' post='1647096' date='Jan 13 2009, 10.43']You have to wonder what he wanted to do with the cloth armour as well. RP in Silvermoon?[/quote]
what makes it even more bewildering - he didn't want it, he just wanted to SAY he didn't want it instead of having us assume.

ok...thanks all...just wanted to make sure I was thinking the right way.

I had a recruit quit on me last night..it was epic and Vanessa would be so proud of me.

This is all paraphrased because of my lack of memory:

Racebannon (the GM) "If you are saved to 25 man Archavon, let us know right now"

Racebannon (5 minutes later) "If you are saved to this, please let us know right now!"

We get inside, start buffing, and pull 3-4 trash mobs...

Recruit types " I think I'm saved to this."

Stego "Are you fucking retarded? Why can't you listen to fucking instructions?"

Warlock types "Vent is hard."

*noob drops raid*

*noob G/quits*

I found it very amusing.

[quote]Stego "Are you fucking retarded? Why can't you listen to fucking instructions?"[/quote]

:lol:

If only I had a dollar for every time I've said, typed, or thought that.

[quote name='TerraPrime' post='1647140' date='Jan 13 2009, 11.25']Not bringing him to a raid? I'd gkick him for good measure.[/quote]
that was one of my thoughts too - but he is the GM darling and does no wrong in his eyes. I've got enough people that want to join in and are mature enough to want to learn and be responsible that this is not a loss on any level.

Well my first week of Naxx is over. We couldnt find a third healer last night, so we grabbed an extra DPS instead. We one shotted Thadius, but we could get Saph at all. We need a third healer for that. My guild asked me to step out for Saph if they could pug a healer, which I though was stupid. I know I'm not much of a DPS, but they would have had to bring me back in for KT, so I dont know what would have happened there.

Our guild priestess is a bad healer I think...she has pretty good gear but her reaction time is slow. and they [i]always[/i] seem to assign her to healing me. She's really close with the GM though, so I'm just hoping she improves. And, I think we have found a permanent third healer, she's making her debut this week.

Since the raid ended early, we went to get the Jenkins title and got attuned for Blackwing Lair.

We have a 'negative nancy' in our raid - always complaining or bitching about something or other. He's good DPS though and consistent in raid attendence, so we usually ignore it.
Before our Naxx run the other night, the MT apparently hooked him up with a stack of cupcakes. Whenever bitchy would start up, the MT would say: "Eat a cupcake! You'll feel better."
I think he kinda got the message for a while, he stopped being so vocal - but later in the raid he acted up again.

Side note: weren't totems supposed to effect raid wide? my poison totems weren't clearing for the other group when I was the solo sham. I thought at first it was just a bug with /healbot - but the guys confirmed they were still seeing the DOT.
Other totems seemed to work fine - just the poison didn't cover everyone.

Most of the water totems only work in party- Mana, manatide, healing stream, cure disease, cure poison. The only exception I can think of is the fire resistance totem, its raid wide.

We have people who bitch and complain some. If it gets to bad Stegho kicks them from the raid. A few times he's gkicked someone for that.

As for GM darlings... Its tough. Obviously we are people and we have our friends and people we know or like playing with more than others. But the GM/RL need to be able to set those aside when needed. Telling your friends you cant bring them to a fight because they stand in the fire, or they cant hold agro/dps/heal well enough sucks. But if you want to progress, sometime thats the decision you have to make. Once you have those encounters on farm you can bring players who aren't your best.

As for Saph its a 1 tank fight. If you need the extra healing then you sit an off tank. Then you bring them back in for KT.

[quote name='RaceBannon42' post='1647340' date='Jan 13 2009, 11.30']As for Saph its a 1 tank fight. If you need the extra healing then you sit an off tank. Then you bring them back in for KT.[/quote]
I understand that. But we have 7 people in our guild, and we didnt have a third healer. So it would have been finding a pug healer at 9 pm on the last day before Naxx resets who was willing to do one fight and then leave. I would have left for Saph, I just couldnt see a pug healer willing to do that.

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1647346' date='Jan 13 2009, 14.34']I understand that. But we have 7 people in our guild, and we didnt have a third healer. So it would have been finding a pug healer at 9 pm on the last day before Naxx resets who was willing to do one fight and then leave. I would have left for Saph, I just couldnt see a pug healer willing to do that.[/quote]

Blue, you guys should have rerolled when we asked you. :P

Archived