The NFL Super Bowl and Stuffs Thread

Young Wolf

Why did the Cardinals under-perform so much during the regular season? Yes, they're really outplaying the Eagles in every aspect of the game so far, but I'm just left wondering why they were so appalling earlier in the year.

And I'm very much looking forward to the Ravens-Steelers game. I really hope the Ravens can pull it off this time. Let's see some top level defense in action, people!

[quote name='Elrostar' post='1653271' date='Jan 18 2009, 16.52']Why did the Cardinals under-perform so much during the regular season? Yes, they're really outplaying the Eagles in every aspect of the game so far, but I'm just left wondering why they were so appalling earlier in the year.[/quote]

It's bizarre. Can't help but think now that they dogged it in the second half of the season in a way that's an insult to dogs everywhere. Don't know whether to be inspired by this extreme underdog or be offended by a team that doesn't show any heart when it doesn't have to.

You're not supposed to be able to flip a switch like this. Especially how the Cardinals defense is playing.

[quote name='Elrostar' post='1653271' date='Jan 18 2009, 13.52']Why did the Cardinals under-perform so much during the regular season? Yes, they're really outplaying the Eagles in every aspect of the game so far, but I'm just left wondering why they were so appalling earlier in the year.

And I'm very much looking forward to the Ravens-Steelers game. I really hope the Ravens can pull it off this time. Let's see some top level defense in action, people![/quote]

They were doing all right till the Thanksgiving game against the Eagles. They Cardinals were the favorite in that game and looked very good before it (McNabb got benched the game before that and they looked lost). The Eagles stomped them and the Cardinals went into a tailspin.

Larry Fitzgerald is more than a man.

Also... Andy Reid, WTF? How do you not go for 2 at the end of the 3rd? Looks like second guessing because of the Akers XP miss, but still. And then, what were they doing on the 2-pt conversion in the 4th that they botched? What a ludicrous set of playcalls.

Looks like this will come down to a last-minute Eagles drive. Should be fun (I'm sure Eagles fans are shitting themselves right now).

Archived