The NFL Super Bowl and Stuffs Thread

Young Wolf

[quote name='Triskele' post='1653352' date='Jan 18 2009, 15.16']It was PI though. Not the worst one ever and Curtis still could have caught it but that gets called way more often than not.[/quote]

There was contact, but it looked to me like Curtis was falling before the defender touched him, so I'm not really convinced it did anything.

Fun second half, though, the Eagles made it exciting.

Jesus Christ, the Cardinals are in the Super Bowl.

-Big Gratz to the Cardinals, their fans and the entire organization. But maybe a special gratz to Kurt Warner, a guy who's playing career was inadvertently a victim of the Pats 2001 season. Obviously, the guy had a lot left in the tank after the Rams and Giants got through with him. The guy dominated. when the Eagles took the lead, other QBs can only do so much... Warner just won the game for them. Flat out made it happen.

-Eagles D: oooo... yeah... sorry guys.

-McNabb had a huge day statistically- 375 yards and 3TDs (the one INT he was very lucky his WR bailed him out). However, overall, I really thought he did a lot of things poorly- how many WRs dd he throw behind? How many times was he low? Throw to the wrong shoulder? His fans will look at the box score and say how great he played; but the ones who actually watched the game will know- he played good enough to lose. Never did I feel confident that he would pull it off. And remember- Zona has the worst D in the playoffs (IIRC, they were #19 during the regular season).

-So, so happy watching Asante get continually burned by Fitzgerald. That was special.

-Again, not sure I can say anything about Zona in the SB, but that's 2 weeks away.

Warner's release better continue to be lightning quick. And he better have Jesus on his side, because whomever he's meeting in the Superbowl stands the chance of killing him. Literally.

The one thing I'm pumped about is getting another week where I get to watch Larry Fitzgerald.

ETA: And the chance to see what sweet bow tie Bidwell breaks out for the Superbowl.

[quote name='Rockroi' post='1653364' date='Jan 18 2009, 18.28']-McNabb had a huge day statistically- 375 yards and 3TDs (the one INT he was very lucky his WR bailed him out). However, overall, I really thought he did a lot of things poorly- how many WRs dd he throw behind? How many times was he low? Throw to the wrong shoulder? His fans will look at the box score and say how great he played; but the ones who actually watched the game will know- he played good enough to lose. Never did I feel confident that he would pull it off. And remember- Zona has the worst D in the playoffs (IIRC, they were #19 during the regular season).[/quote]

Least surprising post of the day. :P

But I actually agree this time. His numbers were more impressive than his actual performance.

Game time, baby. Bring it on!

Loved how they zoomed in on some Baltimore fans for the "O!" at the end of the national anthem. That's right, Pittsburgh - we're in your stadium, booing your men.

Flacco, lead us to the promised land. I'm a believer.

Wow, great challenge by Harbaugh on the catch. There's the broadcasting team talking about how Tomlin's going to challenge the spot to get a TD, and Harbaugh throws the flag and gets the catch nullified altogether. Let's see if we can hold them out now.

[quote name='Mack Kilimaro' post='1653407' date='Jan 18 2009, 16.16']Wow, great challenge by Harbaugh on the catch. There's the broadcasting team talking about how Tomlin's going to challenge the spot to get a TD, and Harbaugh throws the flag and gets the catch nullified altogether. Let's see if we can hold them out now.[/quote]

Could be a game changing challenge there

[quote name='Slyfinger' post='1653419' date='Jan 18 2009, 19.34']It's official. My admiration for Polamalu's abilities has grown into a full blown mancrush.[/quote]

Gotta hand it to him. That was awesome how he flew into that play like Superman. He's even got the hair to fly behind him like it was a cape.

[quote name='Slyfinger' post='1653419' date='Jan 18 2009, 16.34']It's official. My admiration for Polamalu's abilities has grown into a full blown mancrush.[/quote]
WTF? I'm a [i]49er[/i] fan and that happened to me like, last season.

Archived