MAFIA! Minigame 61.5 Lost in a Bad Book

The Man Who

[quote name='Vulva' post='1663180' date='Jan 26 2009, 18.12']I'm going to reveal my role now.

If i'm not voting for the person who gets lynched, I die instead of them. So please don't lynch anyone without me voting for them first.

Thanks. :)[/quote]

Well, well doesn't that make you influential. Don't have coherent thoughts about it right now as I'm way past due for a nap. Well maybe just a few impression. If your telling the truth I can't blame you for claiming, otherwise you'd just have to play sheep all game. Although part of me just isn't buying it either I mean the role as you describe it basically could get you killed for no greater reason then you simply weren't around for a lynch train. Not a really fair role in that case. I'll have to think about it some more, after a good nap that is heh.

[quote name='Duane' post='1663216' date='Jan 26 2009, 23.25']I was shot in the groin, Bilbo.[/quote]

[b]remove vote[/b]

Clearly if you were really shot in the groin.. then you could no longer be [b]duane[/b] you would infact be vulva. I don't like 2 faced non groined dog killers.

In regards to vulva's reveal.. not sure of the advantages of that role... more of a hinderance than anything, but I guess no one said all roles had to be useful. It basically forces you to be a bah bah sheep unless you want to die for what you believe isn't a scum train. If you aren't on the train when a lynch happens do you and the lynched suspect die? Or do you take their place?

With the reveal (which I'm inclined to believe - it doesn't seem to have advantages if it's a lie), Vulva now has an explanation for why their voting will not necessarily correspond with their stated suspects, and therefore more freedom to actually discuss their suspects. Avoiding a lynch for being a sheep or non-contributing seems like a fairly compelling reason for revealing to me. As for why now, well, why not? Yes, the FM can use the knowledge that they have a pretty much guaranteed extra vote if they get a lynch train going, but since everyone knows that, we're all likely to be a bit more cautious about joining a train Vulva's not already a part of. Which is not to say I believe this role would necessarily indicate innocence; Vulva could still be an (extremely gimpy) FM. I just don't think the reveal was a bad idea.

It is day 1.

11 players remain: Bilbo, Brian Topp, Daisy, Dexter, Duane, Marsha, Mike Watt, Tim Bisley, Twist, Tyres, Vulva.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Dexter (Tyres, Bilbo)
2 votes for Tim Bisley (Mike Watt, Brian Topp)
1 vote for Bilbo (Tim Bisley)
1 vote for Daisy (Duane)
1 vote for Duane (Marsha)
1 vote for Mike Watt (Vulva)
1 vote for Night (Twist)

2 players have not voted: Daisy, Dexter.

[quote]Tim: You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.
Daisy: I never said that.
Tim: Yeah, but it'd be good though, wouldn't it?
Daisy: I dunno.[/quote]

[quote name='Brian Topp' post='1663546' date='Jan 27 2009, 03.26']With the reveal (which I'm inclined to believe - it doesn't seem to have advantages if it's a lie), Vulva now has an explanation for why their voting will not necessarily correspond with their stated suspects, and therefore more freedom to actually discuss their suspects. Avoiding a lynch for being a sheep or non-contributing seems like a fairly compelling reason for revealing to me. As for why now, well, why not? Yes, the FM can use the knowledge that they have a pretty much guaranteed extra vote if they get a lynch train going, but since everyone knows that, we're all likely to be a bit more cautious about joining a train Vulva's not already a part of. Which is not to say I believe this role would necessarily indicate innocence; Vulva could still be an (extremely gimpy) FM. I just don't think the reveal was a bad idea.[/quote]

This is it.
The problem with my role is that it will affect my behaviour. So I think it's a good idea to reveal it as soon as possible. I saw no reason at all to keep it secret.

Tyres, it's not a joke, alas. And I have a major problem in that i'm going to bed well before the end of the day today. So I suggest we pick someone to lynch nice and early.

Marsha, I take the lynchee's place, we don't both die.

[quote name='Vulva' post='1663699' date='Jan 27 2009, 01.54']Marsha, I take the lynchee's place, we don't both die.[/quote]Oh, then that's very different story!
As I undestand now, you are a sort of martyr, being able sacrifice yourself for a lynch nominee if you think him to be innocent. Not as negative role as we all thought earlier.

[quote name='Tyres' post='1663710' date='Jan 27 2009, 11.30']Oh, then that's very different story!
As I undestand now, you are a sort of martyr, being able sacrifice yourself for a lynch nominee if you think him to be innocent. Not as negative role as we all thought earlier.[/quote]

Or a symp who can protect a FM.

[quote name='Tyres' post='1663710' date='Jan 27 2009, 09.30']Oh, then that's very different story!
As I undestand now, you are a sort of martyr, being able sacrifice yourself for a lynch nominee if you think him to be innocent. Not as negative role as we all thought earlier.[/quote]

Why on earth would I do that?

I know i'm innocent. There's nobody here that i'd sacrifice myself for. Now, if we have a revealed strong role, who is CI or VPI, then i'd be happy to sacrifice myself. But if we've got a revealed strong role, who is CI or VPI, why would they be in danger of a lynch?

[quote name='Daisy' post='1663725' date='Jan 27 2009, 03.04']Or a symp who can protect a FM.[/quote]
Agreed.
Though, I am unsure if such a role would be beneficial for a symp or not. It would make him promotable, but there is always risk to be killed for no merit.
It's hard to balance 11-player game...

Archived