MAFIA! Minigame 61.5 Lost in a Bad Book

The Man Who

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1663997' date='Jan 27 2009, 11.43']This is what is bothering me about the claim and people's reactions to it. The assertion that Vulva would have a play sheep all game is just nonsense. Compromise beliefs to be sure to get a lynch? Yes. But, that happens every fucking game. Anyways, I believe the claim and I am inclined to believe that he is innocent as well. Mike apparently disagrees, yet he doesn't really give any good reasons for believing there being a compelling, nefarious reason for a reveal (meaning, by a FM or symp).

Still he isn't buying the claim. The symp angle is a crock of shit. Yes it would be helpful for a symp to save their master, however now that he's revealed he blew up that ability. We would clearly know why he'd sacrifice himself for his master. It saves them a day, nice..not great. Here, I don't really get the point of randomly pulling percentages out of his arse, basically just bullshit to try and strengthen his belief that we should not believe Vulva. Gives me the feeling of trying to press us to get rid of somebody that is, well not an 'easy target' but a target that is well known to all and therefore does not necessarily look as suspicious to be aiming at. At worst, Mike is part of a crowd that is annoyed at Vulva, at best he gets them lynched.

Again, dragging his feet trying to press for reasons why the claim would be fake or beneficial for an evil (either a fake or real claim). I also don't buy the interrogation angle on the "goading a role claim". Twist basically claimed that they had to have their vote out their for night for a role, I don't think it is ridiculous to press them when they went about 90% there anyway. If they didn't want to reveal, they wouldn't have said "well I kind of have to :(".

Not promotable do you mean? Improbable? Why would he reveal if he was a symp? Not why would it be useful.

So why would he reveal?

But now, after all these posts...Mike admits that he doesn't even think there is a symp. So why would an FM reveal (and lie?) as you've asserted? I see the benefit for an FM in that we are now accommodating him, however he is very much in the spotlight, a place where FM (at least in the way he is) generally don't like to be.

Mike's posts don't come off as genuine to me. After his discussion of how it would be helpful for a symp, and somehow make sense for a symp to reveal, he says that he doesn't even think their is a symp. So then what was the point? He seems like he is trying to look for ways to paint Vulva's reveal as suspicious and/or a lie, but can't back it up. I completely disagree with his reasoning here and on his "goading out reveals" line of argument, and I don't see how it makes sense for an innocent to argue along the lines that he has. So, [b]Mike[/b].[/quote]

Uh yeah I never though there was a symp. Your pulling that out of your ass. As for why a FM would reveal well I guess there are tons of reasons but considering how we have who knows what all for roles there's just tons of possibilities.. All I'm saying is its just a damn odd role period that doesn't seem helpful.

[quote name='Twist' post='1663982' date='Jan 27 2009, 08.31']You can't have it both ways. Either decide on a suspect while he is awake, or say fuck him and vote elsewhere KNOWING your vote will be nullified and Vully will be lynched.[/quote]So? The question stays: what do you suggest? Whom we are able to lynch while Vully is still awake? Without a candidacy, it's just a smalltalk.

[quote name='Mike Watt' post='1664006' date='Jan 27 2009, 11.55']Uh yeah I never though there was a symp. Your pulling that out of your ass. As for why a FM would reveal well I guess there are tons of reasons but considering how we have who knows what all for roles there's just tons of possibilities.. All I'm saying is its just a damn odd role period that doesn't seem helpful.[/quote]

The problem I am having is that if we speculate too much about some things we might give the FM too much information. I had to think real hard about whether I woould just act stupid or come out and say I have to vote for night. Voting for night is not my role, it is a requirement of my role. Can you see where I am going? We need to stop speculating on Vully's role. Take what he has given us, believe it or not, and leave it at that.

If I needed need to vote for night, my vote wouold be on you as well.

[quote name='Mike Watt' post='1664006' date='Jan 27 2009, 10.55']Uh yeah I never though there was a symp. Your pulling that out of your ass. As for why a FM would reveal well I guess there are tons of reasons but considering how we have who knows what all for roles there's just tons of possibilities.. All I'm saying is its just a damn odd role period that doesn't seem helpful.[/quote]
That was my point. You didn't think there was a symp, yet for a few posts you discussed why it would be helpful for a symp (without the caveat that you've now made clear). It was a pointless waste of time that may have resulted, at least marginally, in strengthening other people's concern or suspicion of Vulva for no good reason.

No, the role isn't helpful. So what? The immediate distrust and continued skepticism is pointless other than to put Vulva in a bad light. Now you see someone like Tyres jump on, despite the clarification of how early we'd end the day. Another misstep that Tyres needs to explain.

[quote name='Tyres' post='1664010' date='Jan 27 2009, 10.57']So? The question stays: what do you suggest? Whom we are able to lynch while Vully is still awake? Without a candidacy, it's just a smalltalk.[/quote]
This is the second time you've said "what do you suggest"? Who do [u]you[/u] suggest? Your vote is still on Dexter as a joke.

[quote name='Twist' post='1664013' date='Jan 27 2009, 12.01']The problem I am having is that if we speculate too much about some things we might give the FM too much information. I had to think real hard about whether I woould just act stupid or come out and say I have to vote for night. Voting for night is not my role, it is a requirement of my role. Can you see where I am going? We need to stop speculating on Vully's role. Take what he has given us, believe it or not, and leave it at that.

If I needed need to vote for night, my vote wouold be on you as well.[/quote]
'
Okay fair enough.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1664014' date='Jan 27 2009, 09.01']Now you see someone like Tyres jump on, despite the clarification of how early we'd end the day. Another misstep that Tyres needs to explain.[/quote]Huh? What I need to explain? I prefer to have a full day, which always was up to innocent's merit. If you want to speedlynch, ok, but it's your duty to give me a reason.

[quote name='Tyres' post='1664010' date='Jan 27 2009, 11.57']So? The question stays: what do you suggest? Whom we are able to lynch while Vully is still awake? Without a candidacy, it's just a smalltalk.[/quote]

I agree. I was just pointing out the fallacy in your reasoning. I would vote Mike today if I didn't need to vote night. I find it rather difficult to find a suspect on day one and this ine even more so since I know I won't be voting any names I put forth.

I am trusting my gut and will try to not lynch Vully by mistake, even if it means I don't vote night today.

[quote name='Tyres' post='1664021' date='Jan 27 2009, 12.07']Huh? What I need to explain? I prefer to have a full day, which always was up to innocent's merit. If you want to speedlynch, ok, but it's your duty to give me a reason.[/quote]

Taking 30 hours instead of 36 is hardly a speed lynch. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1664014' date='Jan 27 2009, 12.01']That was my point. You didn't think there was a symp, yet for a few posts you discussed why it would be helpful for a symp (without the caveat that you've now made clear). It was a pointless waste of time that may have resulted, at least marginally, in strengthening other people's concern or suspicion of Vulva for no good reason.

No, the role isn't helpful. So what? The immediate distrust and continued skepticism is pointless other than to put Vulva in a bad light. Now you see someone like Tyres jump on, despite the clarification of how early we'd end the day. Another misstep that Tyres needs to explain.[/quote]

I'm sorry but thats just bs. Your the one who kept going on about it. All I said was that its improbable. Did you not want me to answer your questions?

edited- to ad the word about.

[quote name='Tyres' post='1664021' date='Jan 27 2009, 11.07']Huh? What I need to explain? I prefer to have a full day, which always was up to innocent's merit. If you want to speedlynch, ok, but it's your duty to give me a reason.[/quote]
What Twist said...and also...who are your suspects? Who are you suspicious of? It is your duty to give us your reasons for voting for someone.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1664019' date='Jan 27 2009, 09.03']This is the second time you've said "what do you suggest"? Who do [u]you[/u] suggest? Your vote is still on Dexter as a joke.[/quote]
[b]Remove vote[/b].
Bad thing is that I still have no suspects of my own.
Even baddest thing is that I, as well as Vulva, have to leave in next 2-3 three hours and probably won't be able to return before the dusk.
Now it seems there is a serious case on Mike, I need to analyse it more closely before doing something.

[quote name='Mike Watt' post='1664033' date='Jan 27 2009, 11.11']I'm sorry but thats just bs. Your the one who kept going on about it. All I said was that its improbable. Did you not want me to answer your questions?

edited- to ad the word about.[/quote]
I asked you one question and you didn't answer it. You said: "a improbable symp" and I asked "for a what?". It isn't that important now that you've clarified your position on symps.

[quote name='Tyres' post='1664041' date='Jan 27 2009, 11.13'][b]Remove vote[/b].
Bad thing is that I still have no suspects of my own.
Even baddest thing is that I, as well as Vulva, have to leave in next 2-3 three hours and probably won't be able to return before the dusk.
Now it seems there is a serious case on Mike, I need to analyse it more closely before doing something.[/quote]
Then read and find a suspect rather than complaining about shortening the day.

Where did Vulva say they were leaving in 2-3 hours? Vulva wanted to end the day 4-6 hours early, which isn't for another 6-8 hours.

[quote name='Twist' post='1664024' date='Jan 27 2009, 09.08']I am trusting my gut and will try to not lynch Vully by mistake, even if it means I don't vote night today.[/quote][b]My[/b] gut says me lynching Vully isn't much worse than lynching anybody else here (unless me, of course). It looks like acceptable default option.

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1664045' date='Jan 27 2009, 12.16']I asked you one question and you didn't answer it. You said: "a improbable symp" and I asked "for a what?". It isn't that important now that you've clarified your position on symps.

Then read and find a suspect rather than complaining about shortening the day.

Where did Vulva say they were leaving in 2-3 hours? Vulva wanted to end the day 4-6 hours early, which isn't for another 6-8 hours.[/quote]

Oh... I think there might be some confusion here. :P I though you were asking why Vulva's power would be a useful one for a symp. So I answered and then you were all like smackdown a good symp would never do that. Which I agree he wouldn't and I never though there was one. We're just on the wrong page I think.

edited to add- the word improbable was referring the role symp being in the game at all.

[quote name='Mike Watt' post='1664059' date='Jan 27 2009, 11.23']Oh... I think there might be some confusion here. :P I though you were asking why Vulva's power would be a useful one for a symp. So I answered and then you were all like smackdown a good symp would never do that. Which I agree he wouldn't and I never though there was one. We're just on the wrong page I think.

edited to add- the word improbable was referring the role symp being in the game at all.[/quote]
That makes more sense. Your reaction has been pretty measured and honest, [b]remove vote[/b].

[quote name='Tyres' post='1664051' date='Jan 27 2009, 11.20'][b]My[/b] gut says me lynching Vully isn't much worse than lynching anybody else here (unless me, of course). It looks like acceptable default option.[/quote]
I'll vote for your gut too [b]Tyres[/b]. If you are so concerned about the day ending early then get your say about who to lynch in now. If you don't care, then I think you'd be a preferable target to Vulva.

Rereading Mike: 12 posts, 11 seem to be serious.
Second:“Well Vulva I have to say that there is just something in my head that doesn't completely buy your claim. Although the symp angle wasn't one I had considered before today.”
Eighth: “Nobody, at least I don't think so, because I don't think there is a symp.”
In between, Mike seems to propose idea of Vully being a symp rather hardly. After that, he just fails to make an opinion I could understand.
This asks for an explanation, [b]Mike[/b].

Archived