World of Warcraft

GoN

Guest thebadlady
Pugging is a great way to make new friends. I have had a blast doing it. I think it helps you remember that this is a social GAME, not RL.

I'm the kind of person that would rather hang out with old friends than take a chance on meeting new friends. Because honestly, the people that PuG can be awesome, or they can punch you in the crotch.

Life's too short for crotch punching.

There's enough people in the guild now where I don't know them all all that well. If I need to make fends, I'll do a group with them.

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1684430' date='Feb 12 2009, 13.20']Also, why do people hate BRD? IF they made a heroic BRD I would be there tonight. I'd take off work to run it. It was like the precursor to Kara - a huge, weird instance with odd quests (remember how you got the key? YOU HAD TO DIE), cool events, neat lore, interesting pulls and a non-linear progression.

I appreciate heroics being super fast and easy, but having more 10-man content that takes only an hour or two would be awesome. Having super 5-mans that take 2 hours but give twice the content would be awesome too.[/quote]

As I've said, I never hated BRD itself. Well I did get a bit burned out. But I hated that BRD wasn't popular. Before it got all re-itemized, there were a few deep in BRD drops that were desireable. Like the Force of Will, best blue tank trinket of its day. But that was on Emperor back then, before they put it on Angerforge. And to get it, I couldn't just say "Let's do an Emp run". I had to pug at least 3 slots, and then I had to agree to do Darkvire/key run or vault or something I didn't care about and was often a substantial detour that, when added up, doubled the time to try for my drop. Tripled if you count the time waiting to form.

[quote name='Ghost of Nymeria' post='1684407' date='Feb 12 2009, 13.02']I get the whole not wanting to force people to spec a certain way, I do but... I would be rather annoyed with a group of people where not one of them would want to change spec for the good of the entire raid. Even more so with mages; its not like asking someone to switch roles completely from tank to DPS, or whatever. Its just switching to a different tree... and frankly its all two button wonders anyway, whether you are spamming frostfire bolt and blizzard or frostbolt and blizzard.[/quote]

Ok, but there's three mages. Which one should change their playstyle however much it is, sacrifice a significant amount of damage, for the raid? We've got a guy who's been fire since 60. A guy who's been arcane since 60. Ok, if I had my choice I'd make the other guy do it, he's obnoxious and he was frost in BC. Right now it's a moot point, everyone who has a character capable of providing replenishment is a tank or healer, which would require two people changing, and likely also someone effectively changing their main. But in 3.1, how do we pick who should change, and how do we say, even to the group "Someone's got to stop playing the spec they enjoy and play another spec that they might hate, because we need Replenishment"?

Of course, if we could get to only needing 2 healers, and feel like we could go forward with 2 healers... then the shaman could bring his hunter, which he'd not have a problem with anyway.

Archived