World of Warcraft

GoN

[quote name='thebadlady' post='1664824' date='Jan 27 2009, 19.50']Am digging trying to figure out the ins and outs of gm mechanics. Lag is so bad that I am doing nothing but fishing for gold (savory deviate delights sell very well, as do stacks of raw fish for leveling cooking). I will need to grind out 10K to afford to play at this rate. Fucking Blizzard - they should be giving peeps a rebate cuz of this shit.[/quote]

Ro, I think its your connection. The lag has not been bad since last wednesday. Your vent connection is terrible as well.

Oooh, congrats!

BTW, I'm *pretty* sure that Shin is Third Knight, and Dondarrion is the winged shadow. But then I thought Gregorstein was Greg (it's Dondarrion), and I still keep thinking Banneth is Race for a half second every time he signs on (because of the Banneth/Bannon thing).

Well it looks like I am fully functional.

After a week. Though granted, a couple of days were spent on extra diagnostics.

I think I almost got booted off the server in the time it took me between getting out of the queue and being able to go back to the computer; one of the cats was making it impossible to leave the kitchen until my food was cooked. Damn lack of a kitchen door.

With only 5 other people online, two each in a pair of 25 man raids, I ended up going it alone. Hell, I spent almost two hours flying around Icecrown mining. That netted me a few rare gems, enough fire for three titansteel transmutes, a stack of saronite to prospect, 5 titanium transmutes, and enough smithing skillups that now both my paladin and DK are sitting on Vengeance Bindings and a Spiked Titansteel helm for when they get high enough level.

The paladin made 77, just barely, after doing some of the Venture Bay stuff. Unfortunately there aren't good Ret librams available at all; the badge one requires you to use Seal of Command, which you should never use in group PvE and has a mediocre proc chance. I tend to suspect the PvP ones (attack power on Crusader Strike with potential 100% uptime) are best, and that's sad.

I still need to Venture Bay on my DK, because the Sigil of the Frozen Conscience is far and away the best option for her. And easy to get, though I need to wait a level to equip it.

I'm planning to take a stab at a few of my non-WoW computer settings; httpd.conf and the databases primarily, as well as making sure there's something talking to dyndns and my IP with the router is the same for forwarding. After that, if people are around and available I want to do some heroics probably... otherwise I'm going to start making friends with Elders.

[quote name='Marie-Angélieef' post='1665340' date='Jan 28 2009, 09.15']Crap! Sorry. But then I think Fenryng called me Ro the other day, so at least I'm not the only one with name-issues. :P[/quote]

I beg your pardon. I did no such bloody thing. I have people's board or real life names next to their toons on my list. All right, granted, it is because I suck with names, and I do it to avoid what you are accusing me of, but that is not the point. :-)

[quote name='Mandy' post='1666069' date='Jan 28 2009, 16.39']I'm thinking about respecing to destro. My dps just isn't where I want it to be and I know I need to do something different.

Two bubbles from 73. I'm getting there![/quote]

At your current gear level, I predict that a destro spec will perform even worse. If you want to respec, try the 0/41/30 spec for demonology and use Felguard (something like this: [url="http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZ0gIzsg0VzsxzZVfhqM0uV"]http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZ0gIzsg0VzsxzZVfhqM0uV[/url] ). While your demon is out hacking away, dot the mob with corruption and curse of agony, then immolate, and spam incinerate, and refresh immolate and the other two dots as needed. Get glyphs that help with the fire spells and/or the felguard.

Affliction DPS is difficult, I know. Did you try practicing the dots on a practice dummy? Did you manage to keep all the dots up without clipping them, on the right rotation?

Guest thebadlady
Warlocks are the reason for macros.

I just dicked my computer so hopefully it will be blissful and let me play. Did a full update of everything I could think of, so with any luck I can at least hearthstone and start getting rested xp for a few doods. *sigh*

[quote name='Mandy' post='1666400' date='Jan 29 2009, 05.34']I haven't yet, tp. I will, before I change.

Questing alone I have no worries-I am confident and can take on 6 mobs at once if I need to without dying. But in instances I just don't see the damage I need to be producing. I grouped with a fire destro recently and her dps kicked mine by like 6-8 percent. It was embarrassing.

I want someone to tell me exactly how to spec, what to cast and when and just perform. I wish I had more time to spend just figuring it out on my own, but I doubt that's going to happen :([/quote]

If you can wade into Elitist Jerks and read what they're talking about, it's actually pretty helpful. I've gotten my rotation from them, and general rules on what seals etc to use. I've even got gear lists from them, but since they're dealing with top-end specifications, I can't actually *get* all of that gear yet. :P

The discussions get very detailed very quickly, though, so it took me a good few tries to get through and actually find the "basic" posts of theirs.

----

In other news, I hate pets. I can't use them. I just don't get it. I can ride mounts and use their abilities, and I can use disguises and use those new abilities, but quests like [url="http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Fuel_for_the_Fire"]Fuel for the Fire[/url] just show me that I have no clue what to do with an actual pet. I had a (hopefully brilliant) revelation last night after I stopped playing, so I'll try it again tonight. I'm just glad nobody was there to see me keep dying like a moron, so I get to come here and share it all with you instead. :P

[quote name='Mandy' post='1666400' date='Jan 28 2009, 22.34']I haven't yet, tp. I will, before I change.

Questing alone I have no worries-I am confident and can take on 6 mobs at once if I need to without dying. But in instances I just don't see the damage I need to be producing. I grouped with a fire destro recently and her dps kicked mine by like 6-8 percent. It was embarrassing.

I want someone to tell me exactly how to spec, what to cast and when and just perform. I wish I had more time to spend just figuring it out on my own, but I doubt that's going to happen :([/quote]

Affliction suffers DPS wise on trash that dies quickly. Always has.

Ya, the locks we have in our raid are all specced Felguard/Emberstorm now. We used to have a deep affliction lock as well, but the only fight he really kicked royal arse on was Malygos. And he kicked arse on the threat list there too. :P

Joskii spends around 3 hours on the heroic target dummies in Org every time he gets a new gear piece, rotating between affl, felguard/emberstorm and deep destro specs. It drives me nuts :P He does kick some major arse on the charts tho, so it must be paying off. I think he sort of wants to go deep destro again like in TBC, since the Felguard can be rather clunky, but at the moment it seems 0/41/30 is the best there is. And yeah, it is a fire spec, which is also a bit off since locks used to be shadowbolt machines.

I duelled him last time I was shadow and he two shot me with incinerate crits :(

[quote name='Marie-Angélieef' post='1666593' date='Jan 29 2009, 18.22']In other news, I hate pets. I can't use them. I just don't get it. I can ride mounts and use their abilities, and I can use disguises and use those new abilities, but quests like [url="http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Fuel_for_the_Fire"]Fuel for the Fire[/url] just show me that I have no clue what to do with an actual pet. I had a (hopefully brilliant) revelation last night after I stopped playing, so I'll try it again tonight. I'm just glad nobody was there to see me keep dying like a moron, so I get to come here and share it all with you instead. :P[/quote]
I LOVE pets. For the quest you mentioned, i just ran around aggro-ing everything on sight and when my pet is close to dying, i blew it up! BAM! 8-10 kills (you can kill more if you are lucky). Then go capture another one and repeat lol.

EDIT: I ran a couple of heroics with guildies and a pug warrior dps (Fury). I was so happy to see me beat him on the dps meter (just barely).

..Then i saw he was wearing all blues :bang:

I cried.

Rogues have defintely been getting some blue post attention, at least.

A quick circuit of Icecrown following my JC daily, and a trip to Moonglade where I discovered I had a quest and then killed Omen.

That was a loooong fight. Makes me wish I hadn't paused Recap, actually. Started with 5 people, picked up probably about 5 more by the end.

And my paladin is pushing his way through some more Sholazar quests. I was very amused to find out that the buff from my new Libram is called Goblin Justice and has the icon of a stack of coins.

Plus, he's 77 now, so I can fly again. So liberating! Even if Sholazar is a little inconvenient to get to thanks to Wintergrasp.

How to do Fuel for the Fire and similar quests:
Step 1: Put your pet on passive. This is the most important step.
Step 2: Run around to a group of mobs. As soon as the pet is near a few, ideally 4-5, hit it's fart ability, the one that does a knockdown and not too much damage. If necessary refresh any shield/HoTs/etc on yourself.
Step 3: Repeat Step 2 until you have either as many as you think you can get, or your pet is running low on health. Let all the mobs get close to the pet and hit the explosion button.

Yeah, no, I get the general idea. My problem is getting my pet to run separate from me. If I run around, he'll follow me, but I am the one taking the hits and I die pretty quickly once I've got a group of 8-10 mobs on me. Even with Divine Shield, I couldn't get the timing to work out so that I could actually kill a good group of the mobs; I just kept dying, or my costume would fall off so I'd have to fight, or all of the above.

But as I said, I'll try again tonight and see what I can do. :P

Archived