zakalwe7

Just to continue the thread from ez-board

errrr so possibilities

Scandanvia (Lund / Copehagen?)

Germany (Berlin/ Hamburg/ Koln/ Munich)

Lisbon

Barcelona

Where else did people mention?

ETA - Beat the americans onto getting a localised BWB thread up (Lodey's don't count)

:P

I dunno... the Iberian peninsula is not calling to me. ;) I prefer the Scandinavian or central European idea.

Also, the idea of having it be a city where there's at least one BwBer on the ground (or at least in the vicinity) is a good one. Dublin and indeed Glasgow have shown us the advantages there.

Ok...nothing much to add to what I said on the other board. Just posting for the first time here. ;)

We do seem to have people in a lot of cities in Europe, even Iberia, which is good. And other people have spent time in other cities, which helps i'm sure. :)

I like the idea of Barcelona, but I know that some people are wary because of the price... I'm not much bothered - it's the company you keep. ;)

N

Ok, people changing their name is annoying enough but right now you are fucking with poor Mr Chal's identity! Damn you wench stop confusing me.

The only problem with Bergerac is getting there. Besides a couple of Ryanair/Flybe flights its not well connected. OTOH, I can get to Bordeaux and take a train. So i'm not against it. :) And there maybe other airports not too far away. Toulouse? I don't know France...

OTOH, i'm not sure is it easy to get to for other people either.

Of course, if we all figure out how to get there, it should be cheap on site.

So again, i'm ok...whatever other people think. :)

I'll come wherever it is. I've already decided that, so you're stuck with me no matter what. :)

But it would be reeeeally nice if it's somewhere I can get with relatively little hassle. Copenhagen, Germany or any Central Europe destination is cool with me. For France and Iberia, I'd probably need to come by way of Frankfurt or Paris. Oh, well, at least the ticket to Paris is not too expensive.

Edit: Whew... these airlines are confusing. Why is fare to Paris 80EUR on a Monday and 190EUR on a Wednesday?

I'm interested.

My local airport seems to do:

• Copenhagen
  • Nice
  • Paris
  • Berlin
  • Cologne/Bonn
  • Hannover
  • Munich
  • Rome
  • Oslo
  • Barcelona

But I could probably get more choice if I travelled from Edinburgh.

I'd rather not change aeroplanes, but don't mind taking a plane and a train - e.g. from Munich to Fuessen (Mad King Ludwig's castles and the Alps - I'd love to go there again)

St Petersburg is somewhere I've always wanted to go - but probably not in winter...

Lisbon would be interesting too.

Most places would be OK - it's the company that counts. That and ease of travel.

Guest Pah Muadd'H

When are you guys gonna to meet ? i will be in England (after having been away for 4 years ) in late June/early July. so i might be able to attend if the meet up is around that time.

If we go by Soph's example of choosing a site based on were my local airport has direct fligts, we're down to London, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Nice, Dubrovnik and Salzburg. <_<

I'd like to have the meeting in some city I've never been to, which in Europe leave most of the Mediterrean coast or Central Europe outside of the Czech Republic.

Edit: Whew... these airlines are confusing. Why is fare to Paris 80EUR on a Monday and 190EUR on a Wednesday?

That's strange actually. Most airlines increase the price of their tickets as the plane gets full.

Since Wednesday isn't a popular day to travel on, its normally one of the cheaper days. Perhaps there is something on that Wednesday you choose. Like Bastille Day or something. :)

And Pah, even if this meeting doesn't happen at the same time as your arrival in England, there is always a chance that a few locals will be up for a meeting. So stay in touch!

Archived