Aussies XXXXVI

gryphon strike

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1682604' date='Feb 11 2009, 02.44']ok folks just a shameless bump.

Had a great day at work and the weather was nice only 22 max so hopefully another night sleeping under the dooner[/quote]

Really? So the heat wave is broken?
It was 42 here yesterday, apparently. at any rate the second you step outside you can feel your skin sizzling. Bring on winter I say. I know it's flu season and the Dr and medical bills go through the roof. But I'm dying for a cozy snug all night sleep under a doona. oh and all the awesome comfort food. that's just to hot to cook in the summer.
SO Over the heat at the moment.

glad you had a good day at work.

Well the heat will be back by the weekend I think, I finished work late so missed the news, loved the overtime and had another great day and tomorrow starts off great too, a nice long drive through the adelaide hills to deliver 2 pallets ( 3.2 ton ) of concrete. What the rest of the day will hold is another matter but even so it already looks good :)
I should be getting a debt repaid of in total $360 :)
So lets be honest that will be a big help :)
I almost panicked tonight when I realised that it was payday and I only had $35 left after paying bills etc.
Ohh yet another good thing next week I can go to my plan of living off one weeks pay and saving the next weeks pay. That should give me enough for a new car in a few months.

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1683979' date='Feb 12 2009, 21.20']Well the heat will be back by the weekend I think, I finished work late so missed the news, loved the overtime and had another great day and tomorrow starts off great too, a nice long drive through the adelaide hills to deliver 2 pallets ( 3.2 ton ) of concrete. What the rest of the day will hold is another matter but even so it already looks good :)
I should be getting a debt repaid of in total $360 :)
So lets be honest that will be a big help :)
I almost panicked tonight when I realised that it was payday and I only had $35 left after paying bills etc.
Ohh yet another good thing next week I can go to my plan of living off one weeks pay and saving the next weeks pay. That should give me enough for a new car in a few months.[/quote]
Sounds like you're living from paycheck to paycheck GS. You budget?

And what car(s) you looking at?

[quote name='Skyrazer' post='1684014' date='Feb 12 2009, 21.44']Sounds like you're living from paycheck to paycheck GS. You budget?

And what car(s) you looking at?[/quote]
Well I had few bills built up but after next week that should all be over.

Yeah even working I find that if you don't budget your either earning heaps or you are not saving.

I like to put money away in a money tree system say $50 a week for phone and and say $40 for the car ( incidentals like service tyres etc ) $50 for food another $50 for fuel $10 for rego $25 for electricity so that alone is $225 throw in rent and its almost half my wage. I need to save if I am ever going O/S also if I want to get back to uni with some money behind me.

Not to mention hopefully having a stall at the medieval fair this year that costs money also as does stock such as material and herbs and raw materials for runestone sets.

I got my wish, it cooled enough for me to get a cozy night sleep under a doona.
It was so good.

starting to warm up again. still the respite was delicious..
more rain would be nice.

if I could choose to have a super power or magical ability (talking gifts not curses) I think I would go for summon rain/water.

how much benefit could you provide with such a talent.

[quote name='Saurian' post='1687828' date='Feb 16 2009, 11.58']I got my wish, it cooled enough for me to get a cozy night sleep under a doona.
It was so good.

starting to warm up again. still the respite was delicious..
more rain would be nice.

if I could choose to have a super power or magical ability (talking gifts not curses) I think I would go for summon rain/water.

how much benefit could you provide with such a talent.[/quote]
It's not that hot believe me, it takes a lot of energy most of the time and the best you can really gaurantee is getting clouds.

I must be a good worker, I mean I finished todays and tomorrows work today and also finished an hr early!
warm weather is back but thankfully not real crazy weather , it was getting pretty warm by 3pm not at 9am like we had during the heat wave.

Thank god it was monday I needed a rest after the weekend!

I was asked to help a friend with a water pipe problem on thier farm. Basically I provide the muscle and they say what and where.
Then I get there and ohh no we are going to try something else instead, have a drink
Lots of drinks later I managed to escape early sunday morning.

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1688009' date='Feb 16 2009, 15.00']I must be a good worker, I mean I finished todays and tomorrows work today and also finished an hr early![/quote]

Hope you're not paid by the hour!! :P

[quote name='Triskele' post='1688016' date='Feb 16 2009, 16.41']Hey Aussies...do you guys have clean water (even if it's rationed) and do you have good fish like salmon?

I might want to move there if you do. I swear omega-3's and sunshine are the staples of human health. Good fish are becoming harder to find in the US, though still plenty available...just worried about the next few decades...

We do have incredible fish in Alaska but there's the small problem of no sun (and Palin).[/quote]
Tasmania still has water and there are trout in the rivers also a salmon breeding program I believe

[quote name='Triskele' post='1688016' date='Feb 16 2009, 16.41']Hey Aussies...do you guys have clean water (even if it's rationed) and do you have good fish like salmon?[/quote]

The water in our main river system is disgusting (carp), but the water that comes out of the tap is more than clean enough. But there's a whole lot of beach front and pristine ocean, considering the size of the country and the small population. Which also means plenty of fish :) All the main population centres are also located close to the ocean.

I think you're neglecting Coober Pedy there, Callum. :P

(No, really, I think it's interesting that the largest inland city is Canberra, which has less than 8% of the population of Sydney. Then again, with so much coast, I can't blame people for settling there. Especially as I imagine travelling by sea between some of these cities probably used to be faster than trying to go overland.)

[quote name='Eefphrodite' post='1688057' date='Feb 16 2009, 17.59']I think you're neglecting Coober Pedy there, Callum. :P[/quote]

Of course, but Coober Pedy is Australia's secret jewel, so must be protected from foreign incursions as much as possible :P

[url="http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/02/16/2493091.htm?site=midnorthcoast"]possible flooding[/url]

right!! couldn't get to work because road cut by water
caravan park evacuated
schools closed

but we're all right

edit-spelling

[quote name='sh_wulff' post='1688655' date='Feb 16 2009, 17.23'][url="http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/02/16/2493091.htm?site=midnorthcoast"]possible flooding[/url]

right!! couldn't get to work because road cut by water
caravan park evacuated
schools closed

but we're all right

edit-spelling[/quote]

Do you have to stay or is there a way to get out in case it gets worse? cause of the thunderstorm warning.
stay safe and well.

[quote name='sh_wulff' post='1689129' date='Feb 17 2009, 17.11']we're safe
but may be cut off for a couple of days

so we'll see how things pan out[/quote]
Being cut off is not pleasant. The thing is that as the climate changes we can expect more flooding and also more drought, crazy I know but a big part of it is the southern polar winds have sped up.
Because they are going faster they are also tighter to the pole, thus less clouds etc sent north.
Also while the south is getting less rain you will have the monsoons coming further south so northern Australia will flood.

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1691869' date='Feb 19 2009, 16.06']Ok well what can I say, work is now on a day by day basis.

It sucks yes but what can I say I am glad for what I have recieved and truly am grateful but am not expecting a lot of work from now on.[/quote]

Bugger.

Hopefully things pick up again.

Archived